Howard is NOT a great interviewer anymore.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by 14chimneys, Dec 18, 2013.

1. 14chimneys

14chimneys Member

Reputations:
    Howard has always been able to fall back on the claim that he's a great interviewer or the best interviewer in the business ... But honestly he cant say that anymore.

Ive listen to a bunch of the most recent interviews & he's lost it! I think where Howard "Jumped the Shark" completely is in the Mike Tyson interview. We all have accepted he's not funny, the show is a boring non-sexual show. But the interviews were something atleast Howard can still do.

That Mike Tyson interview sucked & what was worse was moments after Tyson did Howards show he went to do Opie & Anthony ... and I have to say O&A with Jim Norton did a waaaaaaay better interview!

Listen to both.

[video=youtube;WS-rmHK5aBU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS-rmHK5aBU[/video]

[video=youtube;wfXLb4yXRYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfXLb4yXRYE[/video]

Shit listen to Howard last Lady GaGa Interview

[video=youtube;Oc0NAOErcNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc0NAOErcNw[/video]

Howard NOW is just 100% a $2 Psychiatrist. Mixed with projecting all his thoughts & flaws on everyone else. Sure Howard has been doing this for 20 years, but before he would mix in being a lawyer like you were on trial, jumping around from topic to topic & then coming back to topics to see if you would relax & slip up .... plus add Howard USED TO BE sexual ... he would ask sexual questions. Howard is soooo non-sexual with his interviewing outside of asking how big a guests dick is.

Now all he does is act like everyones shrink & project all his mential illness thoughts onto the person he is interviewing with nothing else but that! The whole interview is that now & when the person he is interviewing doesnt agree ... he doesnt let up, he tries to explain it in another way, but its the same point.

Howard really jumped the shark when O&A did a better Mike Tyson interview a month ago. Even when Ratso came in he called Howard the Psychiatrist.

The show isnt dirty anymore, it's not edgey, its not sexual, it's barely funny, theres no energy to the show. Now add the only thing that Howard had left was his interviewing skills & thats gone!? Howard clearly thinks now he's a Psychiatrist & nothing else. Not a comic, I dont even think he's trying to be funny. Clearly his passion now outside of photography & making his wife famous is Psychology.

*Funny how he doesnt do any of this with Beth. He likes a 42 year old women to pretend she's 15 years old & doing what 10th graders like to do. Strange for a guy who is so focused on this in his boring interviewing skills for his job doesnt do this with a failed model/party girl who is around kittens all day & needs to be in the media once a week for any reason!? Funny how their relationship is all superficial, mindless & light. Nothing is ever dug deep. No fights, no deep conversations, if there is Beth hangs up the phone. Very weird.

2. Murphy

Murphy mglw'nafh fhthagn-ngah VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

With any luck, there will be an "accident" at the birthday party.

3. Missypooh RN

Missypooh RN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I totally agree. Didn't watch all the videos you posted, but I really don't need to...
    I've felt for a while that his interviews are all the same: how much money do you have, are you scared it'll all end soon, did you hate your upbringing, are you envious of everyone, WRONG facts about most of the guest's career....Then, move on to the creepy, voyeuristic questions: were you ever molested as a young child, when did you start masturbating, how big is your cock, do you and your spouse still screw, and if so, how often?? It's a tired, boring, cringeworthy recipe that he doesn't veer away from now.... I dread him talking to a REAL star when and IF he ever gets one in - it's embarrassing, how he thinks his pseudo-psychology is good radio. :facepalm:

4. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Sounds like you have major daddy issues.

5. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    right. an amateur psychologist who attempts to project all his cliche jue neuroses onto his guests, then switches to gay probings of the anus and penis. Wig needs to fire his psychiatrist.

6. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just like Howard at Sirius his psychiatrist is mailing it in and just there for the money...

7. Murphy

Murphy mglw'nafh fhthagn-ngah VIP

Reputations:
    I don't blame him/her at all. I wouldn't want to delve too deeply into THAT head.