Howard is still entertaining.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Acid, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Acid

Acid Shat Dead

Reputations:
    The show isnt as good as it used to be, but it is still entertaining and somewhat funny - I even enjoyed the Lampanelli interview, despite groaning when I heard she was going to be on.

The fact is - there is nothing better out there - we all know and enjoy his Staff, whom he has made stars of.

I dont understand the hate - he is getting older and has lost some of his mojo, thats all.

2. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    Shut up dummy

3. JackiesSeat

JackiesSeat New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If that's the case, he should have fucking left on top, but that cheap motherfucker wanted more money, and an
    avenue to try and make that talentless cunt famous. Fuck him and the horse he sometimes gets to ride.

4. VASternman

VASternman Member

Reputations:
    I somewhat agree with what your saying. I usually find Howard entertaining about half the time. With that said, most of his interviews these days are rehashes of people who have been on a billion times or just plain uninteresting people. Also, ANYTHING having to do with Beth is dog shit radio. I don't hate Stern and I point out when I like things, I just prefer the freedom to state when I don't and to call out the hypocrisy within the show

5. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Honestly I've made a few attempts to listen since the new year and I haven't been able to make it past 10 minutes. He's not interesting, or topical or funny and to make matters worse Robin giggles at everything he says.

and you want a show 1000 times better than Stern. O&A. Laugh out loud funny, topical, and interesting. Funny comedian guests that just riff with them, they are not there for formal interviews like Stern does.

Not only is Stern not funny, but he hires a comedy writer, Benjy, who is less funny than not funny at all.

If you people think he's funny God Bless You, I don't see it, I don't hear it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  6. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You guys saying he is still funny is the SFN version of posting kitten pictures.

7. Racerx969

Racerx969 Member

Reputations:
    Preach.

8. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    seriously go suck a cock. tonight is not the night for positive stern threads. fucking douche

9. Acid

Acid Shat Dead

Reputations:
    Assholes.

10. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

Reputations:
    You need to get a hearing test pal..:coffee:

11. JackiesSeat

Reputations:
    The show sucks ass now, you can fucking tell by their advertisers. And I'm fucking tired of the same fucking guest being recycled every few months. How about some games for callers, or win Fred's money or guess who's the Jew. Where the fuck is Daniel Carver or Gary the Retard. How about a little fun and funny.

12. MrWarmth

Reputations:
    He only stayed so that all his staff can still have some type of job. He is generous like that

13. JackiesSeat

Reputations:
    Bullshit, if he didn't get paid what he wanted, he would of told his staff tough shit. Fact is he cares for himself and that fucking cunty fake blonde bitch that doesn't want to be famous, but seems to get some kind of new gig every year, and if Howard didn't have a show to spread the word of that talentless cunts gigs, she would never be offered anything.

14. MrWarmth

Reputations:
    I see YOUR point too

15. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

Reputations:
    Howard Stern the most generous guy in showbiz, he's a regular Jay Leno..

16. JackiesSeat

Reputations:
    I'm just really tired of the shit that has happened over the pas month, and now this shit about SFsN getting shut down and Dawg also getting threatened. Fuck Howard and I hope AGT goes like his CBS late night show back in 98', right down the toilet. Fucking cheap Jew gay fagot.

17. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don't know about there being nothing better out there. There are options out there that I find more enjoyable. I used to sit through the entire show afraid of missing something. Now I listen to other things including local sports talk because I can't stomach a lot of what they're doing there these days. I still think when Howard is commenting on things happening in the news and the world of entertainment, he's worth listening to. When they're forcing Benjy and Ronnie on us for long stretches, I turn it off and never bother returning. I totally agree on the aging thing. A lot of people want him to act like a 20 year old. That was fine when he was younger, but some of that shit simply doesn't play well when done by a 58 year old. He'd look like a moron if he were still painting tits green for St. Patrick's Day or if he were spanking chicks. The problem I have is that if he moved past all that, why is he holding onto that persona? If you're going to be Imus, then be Imus. Don't pretend you're not him and force in traditional antics that have been toned down to the point that it's worthless. He should have rebuilt the show around his new persona and dumped the rest of it. No Richard or Sal or even Robin. Get a new sidekick and forget about turning flunkies he has working for him into stars. Keep them in the background where they belong. Sometimes, and uninteresting loser is just that no matter how hard you try.

Oh, and another thing. Howard's audience continues to age along with him. Another reason he should be doing his show differently. He's still trying to do things to appease a base that's 16-30. It's not like that anymore. Stop trying to be a catch-all and focus on an aging fanbase.

18. StopTheClock

StopTheClock Member

Reputations:
    You make a lot of sense. The only part I don't agree with is that I think he has guys like Sal, Richard, heck even Ronnie to do crazy shit because he knows he's older and it would look stupid. That being said I hate when he refers to Ronnie and Sal as "the boys". Howie sounds old as fuck when he says that. Smack da wig off him when he says that...

19. Vanquish

Vanquish New Member

Reputations:
    Well O&A aren't half bad, and Jay Thomas neither.

But be honest, without Stern Sirius wouldn't be as big.

20. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For my first post, i just want to say the OP is delusional