Howard is such a slave to Apple

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JoeyG, Oct 24, 2012.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Active Member

Reputations:
    He was bragging this morning about how he bought a new iMac desktop yesterday, and BaBa Monkey came in to inform him that a new one is coming out this week. Howard was pissed. Also said he just bought a new iPad, and learned again that new iPads are soon to come out. He then said he bought an iPad mini, sounding real proud and like he just one-upped everyone because he has the latest and greatest. When they asked him why he got it, like what feature does it have that he needed it for, he couldn't come up with one. He actually admitted that he just bought it so that he could say he bought one. He then later admitted that he not only bought one - but 3 of them!!
    Apple just keeps re-releasing new upgrades to these devices, and dolts like Howard just keep buying and buying and buying. Got have the latest best!

2. azman5103

azman5103 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Apple is a company that preys on stupid people. People that THINK they are cool, and THINK they are into technology....but are actually much to stupid and lazy to actually learn anything about computers. Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows that you can buy a PC that is more powerful than the best Apple computer for less than 1/2 the price. If you actually take the time to learn about computers....you could build an incredibly kick ass PC yourself for less than 1/4 the price of an Apple desktop.

I will admit that the IPOD was a great product that set the industry standard. Everything else that Apple puts out, desktops, laptops, Ipads etc....are under performing and overpriced. With a tiny bit of knowledge you can get devices that do everything Apple products do and more for MUCH MUCH cheaper.

3. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He could buy a new iMac, ipad, maxi-pad, and mini-ipad everyday for the rest of his life and the money spent wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket to him.

4. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    can the rest of the apple haters join in now, and then we can have one big WAAAAAAA for all of you

5. Guts83

Guts83 Active Member

Reputations:
    Maybe the reason why Howard is a schill for apple is because Beth is in the back making them when she's trying not to be famous. All that Botox is making her Chinese! (Allegedly)

I'd like to think Howard's getting paid by apple, but you'd think thss would get apple as a sponsor and not Ashley Madison.

6. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Apple puts together some beautiful and well built hardware. There really isn't a PC, tablet or mp3 player manufacturer that comes close. Well 'maybe' tablets now.

7. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    If i wasnt sick i woulda never gotten the IPAD. That being said, its a severely high quality product and has provided me with endless hours of enjoyment.

id still NEVER get rid of my PC.

8. Gregsbouch

Gregsbouch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just use the iphones, they have hell of a resale value. I juggle the company phone plan upgrade to the new phone everytime it comes out. Sell my old one and am out of pocket like 40 bucks. That's cool with me.

9. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    i normally hate commercials but the one where the mom asks "is this the line i stand in for apps" is great.

"Ever have deja deja deja deja deja vu?"

10. VAsiCkBoy

VAsiCkBoy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well, Howard has been an Apple guy for what....two whole years? (maybe)

11. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    i like nbc news this morning reporting that other companies have previously released the smaller ipad cheaper & with great success & they went on to say apple believes their customers are willing to pay more for essientially the same product..had to laugh & agree about those morons...

12. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    its funny that apple doesn't even try to hide what it thinks of its fans...its more expensive cuz its apple...duhhhh.

14. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Slave?

He's a dirty whore.

15. Caster Fly

Caster Fly New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Apple components aren't lasting like they used to. :sad:

16. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Shocking.

Built-in obsolescence? You don't say! :coffee:

17. Murphy

Murphy mglw'nafh fhthagn-ngah VIP

Reputations:
    True story.

I laughed when he started spouting off about it during today's show-he was talking as if he had been a Apple/Mac user for 25 years. He fell into the trap when he saw someone's iPhone this past year and then went from that to the iPad to a Mac. Now he talks shit about the PCs and Androids that, up until recently, he was using. :hhh:

:lol:

18. Murphy

Murphy mglw'nafh fhthagn-ngah VIP

Reputations:

I looooooove that strip. It's so funny that he posted that years ago and it's still completely relevant.

19. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    Apple components are made by Toshiba, Samsung, Hitachi, LG, and Sharp. If they fail, it's the manufacturers' fault for lowering their quality controls.

20. Winston Ono

Winston Ono Well-Known Member

Reputations: