Howard is the luckiest man is show business

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by DogStar69, Feb 15, 2012.

1. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He makes more than most of the top movie stars.

His show is horrible, he seldom works and he's phoning it in.

He's not funny and his talent is moderate at best. He's become a huge bore on radio and he is too cheap to hire talent.

2. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    Howard has more of an impact on his fans than most top movie stars.

In fact, most top movie stars can't really sell their movies these days.

He's funny, not very funny, but adequately funny.

Howard's talent is to keep people entertained for a long period of time.

4 hours is tough work, when you consider that TV shows have 20 writers for 20 minutes a week of show.

I agree with the rest of your points.

3. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Minimal work. Maximum profit.

4. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    Do you ever proofread your fucking thread title before you hit submit? It's fucking re fucking tarded for fucks sakes

5. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    I always thought that luckiest man in show biz was Jim Belushi.

6. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    Howard's biggest talent was the ability to keep fans listening during the commercials, and advertisers loved him. Now he has to resort to plugs during the news to fulfill his contract. He's got the easy street contract for now, he probably won't get another super high paying gig in his life.

7. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck, I thought the thread was about Beth leaving him and Artie coming back. continue.

8. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    "Impact" meaning what? Emotional? Movie Stars function as an extension of another artists intentions, Stern himself is the artist presenting his own intentions directly.

Apples and oranges, my friend. A better analogy would be "Howard has more of an impact on his fans than most top authors." which of course is inaccurate and again highly dependent on your conception of "impact." Financial, perhaps? I would think the quality of advertisers at the present would again poke a volley-ball shaped hole in that theory.

And what can Howard "really sell these days?" His last gigantic pay-day was eight years ago, before the film industry had completely collapsed due to bootlegging and back when big-time pay-days for do-nothing acts were the order of the day. The AGT move is a pure gamble that will prove his worth to the entertainment industry in 2012.

And again, your analogy to film stars is very short-sighted. If you're going to insist on comparing Howard the radio host to movie stars, compare Howard the movie star to movie stars. See my point?
    I'm guessing you're a Benjy fan then, because the only present "jokes" that come out of his mouth these days reek of Benjy's comedic stink. The man has no "jokes," he never did and never will, he can neurotically bitch and whine, that's about it.

You mean "Howard and Jackie's" or "Howard and Artie's" and "former talent," right? Because the general sentiment here is the show has been a rock-bottom facsimile of the View with dick jokes since Artie left, correct? If Artie being gone proves the show to be un-listenable, doesn't that make you at all question Stern's talent in the first place? But he was funny before Artie! You mean when Jackie was writing all of his lines?

Check out a 2006-08 era show where Artie takes a sick day. Aside from the compelling discussions about Artie, the show sounds virtually identical to shit he's putting out in 2012. The emperor has no clothes.

I see you actively listen to those 4 hours since this is the same bullshit argument Howard's always spinning.

A) He has four writers (Benjy, Sal, Richard, Fred) for a four hour show.

B) Comedy television shows generally have a higher laugh-ratio for that 20 minutes than a random 20 minutes of a current Stern show for each of their intended audiences. The mathematics don't work out, no matter how much Stern math you do to the numbers. Let's see with five listeners a radio for an hour and three writers a segment versus two watchers of a television with eight writers a ten minute chunk means Stern's show is comedically superior. Uh huh.

And hey, I agree with this one!

9. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've always thought it was IMUS.:uscratch:

10. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Leonardo DiCaprio would have to make three movies a year to earn what Howard does.