Howard is WRONG about Leno: The Tonight Show was breaking even

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Jon Hein is God, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    Howard Stern 8/20: "The fuckin' Tonight Show makes plenty of money."

Los Angeles Times 8/18: "Although "The Tonight Show" remains the top-rated late-night program, from a financial standpoint it is only break-even."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0819-jay-leno-20120819,0,6615498.story

Also: Howard says "Why isn't Letterman firing anybody?"

But Letterman owns his show, Comcast owns Leno's show.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  2. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Maybe you should take the youtube link down. Because the uploader may get his channel reported. Even though I appreciate the link. And you for finding it. It's not safe anymore to post links.

Too many users are getting their channels reported these days unfortunately.

3. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
    OK, I'll take it down. But it was found via an easy "Howard Stern" search of YouTube, which I'm pretty sure Howard's people check frequently.

Also, I don't think Howard minds when these kinds of rants go public. It may generate headlines.

4. HORSETOOTHED

HORSETOOTHED Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't know... I heard Jon Hein interviewed on H101 news and he said everything Howard said was right.

5. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    I wish we could post links safely. But one major uploader just got his channel reported today. And he has to start all over again. Most of the time they just give up after their channel is reported. But this uploader has vowed to reupload once again. But the guys who keep at it are a dying breed sadly.

6. HORSETOOTHED

Reputations:
    Was it a full show? That I might somewhat understand... but otherwise I wouldn't worry. Uploaders can turn off embedding if they care.

7. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
    No, it was a 6-minute clip.

Also, I think it's legal to upload a clip of a show, including Howard Stern's exclusive show.

If the clip is newsworthy or noteworthy, then it falls under fair use. As long as you don't upload the whole show.

But if everybody was able to claim copyright over clips, then what would Howard use on his show?

And wouldn't, say, CNN force YouTube to remove all the Captain Janx prank calls because they violate CNN's copyright?

8. HORSETOOTHED

Reputations:
    Yeah, I think you're on good legal ground and probably no one really cares anyways. But regardless, it doesn't makes any sense self-censor based on the worry that you might get censored. It's better to just go for it and workaround any problems that come up if you have to.