Howard just wants to judge

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Leave him alone!
    :bigcry:
    [video=youtube;FoAChMnNa9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoAChMnNa9k[/video]
    Wiggy tosses Mel under the bus at the end....:facepalm:

:facepalm:
    [​IMG]

:yay:

[​IMG]

2. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    seriously though.. that is exactly how I feel about that Riverwalk. It sucks hairy balls! Humid, lame..awful. San Antonio River my ass. It's more like a storm drain.

3. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Um, for $15 million, STFU and do what you're told. With a SMILE on your ugly mug! :mad:

4. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, the deem it necessary to pay him 15 million to only judge. Nothing to do do with showbiz :facepalm:

5. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    What a fucking idiot. He doesn't get the basic rules of reality TV and showbiz.

6. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    Not for me :dontknow: but people like it? That Alamo is fake you know?

7. Wigless

Wigless Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It is always hot and humid in San Antonio. Howard is wearing jacket, scarf and "hat". I don't blame him for being miserable.

8. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    Well. remember you are coming from California... If you think the Riverwalk is hairy balls... you will think of the french quarter as the attached taint :bigcry: For the record,,, I think the Riverwalk in San Antonio is amazing and I drank at Dick's :clap:

9. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    Ive been there a few times,,, stayed at the Crockett ... no longer there now, i think it is a La Quinta.

10. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    All the blame belongs to him! He could try dressing for the weather...

11. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    It's a perfect example of why Howie's fans have jumped ship. He's always been miserable and whiney, but it's a lot easier to swallow when he was just the everyman. He at least made it funny then. Now it's just a wealthy old fart, whining about every little thing. For crissakes- you're being paid $20 mil to judge dog acts on a fucking second rate talent show....just shut up about having to do some promo.

You'd think that he'd see the lack of ratings he's providing NBC and try to do whatever he can to at least help promote the product. But no...in his world, the fact that he can go on his radio show 2-3 days a week and talk about AGT is supposed to be great promo. Well, Howie, apparently that strategy isn't working, since your audience is down to a fraction of what it once was, and your old audience clearly didn't follow you to AGT.

Just shut up and do what they ask you to do.

12. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    It infuriates me when he toots his own horn and constantly says he is the best judge on TV and all the other ones suck and they are all jealous of how good I am..... Who ever said he is the best judge? Beth, robin? does he really think he is the best????

13. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    How fake? I know some buildings were restored over the years as most of the complex was damaged in the battle 180 years ago. I was there earlier this year. 30 minutes is all you need to walk around. It's not that large overall.

And yes Riverwalk was hot and sweaty.

14. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    It seemed real to me. They even gave me a special tour of the basement.

15. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He gets the rules just fine. He just doesn't want to do the promo crap anymore because he knows NBC didn't want him back and he has no shot at the job next year. If last year was a success, he would be doing every ridiculous promo thing that NBC wants him to do. Last year he would have gone on Imus if he thought it would help AGT ratings. Now he knows Heidi and Mel B are going to get most of the credit if the show rebounds in the ratings.

Also, it is really indicative how little NBC values him by air so many clips that makes him look bad like the riverboat clip. No way last year would they air him look like he was going to pass out.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  16. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I cancelled Sirius just over two years ago, and have listened to only a few any new clips of the show since. So here are a some observations:

1.) Agree with others here -- Howard is whiny and ungrateful.

2.) Pre-AGT Howard would prattle on and on about how easy reality TV would be to do. Not so easy now, eh?

3.) He used to pepper bits like these with much self-deprecating humor. The San Antonio River rant has one quick reference at the beginning about "don't film me in daylight."

4.) Jackie or Artie would steadily interject numerous subtle and not-so-subtle digs at Howard for being self-important, phony, or just an overall pussy. It kept Howard grounded. THSS suffers badly for their absence during moments like this.

17. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

i used to record this dude's show...:facepalm:

18. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't feel bad. I used to get up at 3am, 5 days a week to hear the east coast feed. Then listen again at 6am when my radio station would replay it. I was a fool.

19. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Old Jew

Hits Wall

Rebel Rebel

20. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    I used to wake up at 6am, hit record on my stereo, set my alarm for 45 minutes later to flip the tape :facepalm: I forgot all about that shit til I was cleaning out the attic and came upon a cardboard box full of tapes ... it was like opening a box of ridiculous medieval medical instruments, I can't believe I did that shit with tapes back then, fucking neanderthal.