Howard on Curt Schilling, Varvatos Linen pants and George Takei doc interviewing him

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MobyDick, Jun 30, 2012.

1. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sorry I'm behind on the show, but I was listening to Monday, June 25th and it was pissing me off to no end.

First off, Howard was pissy about his pants being tight and how Beth does his laundry (I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT) yet somehow she wouldn't be to blame for drying them (how does that work if she does his laundry?) and so he doesn't know who the culprit is. And then he takes 15 minutes of our time agonizing about it like a 7 year old while Robin has to calmly talk him down off the ledge. The most interesting thing was Robin asked him why did he leave the house with them on (it's a good 4 hours of prep time before the show, too, he could have changed at any time), wouldn't he have known right away? He ranted right over it and never answered the question. And, Christ, the pants were probably for free or he has enough money that it's not going to be a big deal replacing them. Robin's also right in that you need to allow room for error when having other people wash your clothes for you, that's just the way it is. And why didn't he buy 10-15 pairs like he did for his hard to find athletic shoes?

Second, he gets pissy about George Takei trying to interview him, even though he said yes to it and brokered a deal that it had to be done in the studio on the air. But he keeps whining about how he knows nothing about Japanese-American Interment Camps, and nobody is going to see this documentary, and George and the documentarian are going to make the documentary all about Howard to sell the movie. Well, when George was in last time to ask him to do the interview in the first place, George clarified that he was being interviewed about the time period of when Howard first noticed George and bringing him into the public eye as George and not Sulu. I mean, fuck, George even came in to the studio to do it on the air, it was free content and the questions were actually good. It was better than listening to more Block Party bullshit or AGT. Isn't George a friend of the show? Meanwhile, if you look on IMDB, Howard's name isn't even up on it yet, and if Captain Kirk himself is on this doc., I highly doubt Howard is going to have his name in lights. It'll probably be a minute blurb in the end.

Lastly, I'm sure everyone's jaw dropped as Howard scolded Curt Schilling during Robin's News for not being happy with his 50 million and going away to enjoy it. Do I even need to explain THAT hypocrisy?

2. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
  3. exarro

exarro New Member

Reputations:
    you better condense this shit cause i aint readin' all that.

4. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    You should. The shrunken linen pants disaster was summed up quite nicely and gave me a chuckle.

Howard's such a douche.

5. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    First, you must understand that Howard is a deeply disturbed individual. He seems to have created his own reality. His psychiatrist is laughing at Howard while he cruises down to the Bahamas on his 60 foot yacht.

Second, Beth likes to do laundry! Don't you know that she likes it so much that she put a chandelier in the laundry room? She probably did put the pants in the dryer but Howard refuses to see her as anything but perfect so it can't be her fault. It must have been someone else.

Third, George isn't part of Howard's world so he doesn't care. It just doesn't occur to him to do something nice for someone unless he gets something in return. Howard is selfish.

Fourth, Curt Schilling failed. That's incomprehensible to Howard. Investing in anything is a gamble and Schilling lost, it happens, that's life. That's why Howard never ever invests his own money, only someone else's. So if it fails he wont lose a penny (But he'll send an army of lawyers after you if he feels cheated).

You are trying to understand someone that's insane. Don't bother, just except the fact that Howard is bat-shit crazy and let it go at that.