Shop Now At Amazon

Howard on the right, his piss-soaked staff on the left

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dainty Jainty, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Dainty Jainty

Dainty Jainty New Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Photo credit: Rob Ferri

This photo sums up the reality of what we in lower Manhattan (and the Stern staff he and Robin berated for staying at home) experienced during and after Hurricane Sandy. We lost power and heat and hot water for DAYS.

Howard and Robin literally live in the bright half of Manhattan shown in that photo. They enjoyed themselves with full power, little damage, and hardly any flooding to speak of while his staff toiled at home worried for their families and houses in the dark.

It was a hellish time for everyone affected by the storm and Howard and Robin should be ashamed of themselves for pissing on anyone who opted to stay home (or simply couldn't come into the city because bridges were closed, tunnels flooded, mass transit shut down, and streets blocked).

I hate Howard and Robin for their elitist, out of touch, venomous bullshit!

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At eBay
  3. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:

Same here. Glad you're ok though. Does anyone know the status of chimneyville post Sandy? Also, doesn't Howard live on 57th st? I can only hope he was inconvenienced by that dangling crane, no? :dontknow:

4. Tranquil

Tranquil Active Member

Reputations:
    Your just jealous.

5. Dainty Jainty

Dainty Jainty New Member

Reputations:
    No clue about Chimneyville but no, his apartment building is about 10 blocks north of the crane.

6. Thelma

Thelma VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Winst posted a video in his thread showing Chimneyville was completely unaffected by the storm.

7. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:

DAMN YOU WIGWARD !! :grouch:

8. Ruffypup

Ruffypup VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Listen, Howard's first words on Jimmy Kimmel were not sympathetic to fellow New Yorkers rather "I was up at 4 this morning and went to work".....

9. Dainty Jainty

Dainty Jainty New Member

Reputations:
    Ugh. I did not know that. Asshole. It's easy to get to work at 4AM when you have a limo service and private exits and entrances!!! Plus, it's NOT WORK! It's a dopey show.

10. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Here's what I seem to be incapable of understanding, and it's the words "dedication to his show/or work ethic".

Howard doesn't care that the show is in repeats over 2/3 of the year. He didn't care that there were only approx 4 shows in one of the summer months for AGT. He doesn't care that there was never a third channel, or that the news dept. is heavily filtered in direct contrast to what was promised, or that his show is NOT commercial free radio....he didn't care that he never replaced a writer or comedian for Artie. He didn't care when he told us that the radio show was only his "part time" job and AGT was his real job.

So....what in the hell was the urgency of putting a NEW show on Monday and Tuesday admist forecasts of one of the worst storms in history to hit his staff's homes?

Not even being sarcastic....I TRULY don't understand?

and....as far as the amount of shows he is contracted to do and/or lack of vacation days, I STILL don't understand the urgency of doing those shows on those two days!

11. Tranquil

Tranquil Active Member

Reputations:
    If he didn't do those shows, that would mean at some point during this year he would have to work a thursday. You have to understand, working 3 days a weak is hard enough, you can't expect the man to work 4 days a weak, I mean common he does have a life you know.

12. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    He wanted it known to the country that he worked while the rest of NYC took off and had fun. Think what Howard would do to Leno if roles were reversed.

13. killallposers

killallposers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    hay, you must have missed beth's tweet about feeling their building swaying or you wouldn't be saying this!

14. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    exactly.

that alone exposes what a piece of shit howard is. 2 weeks down the line he'd have to leave for chimneyville 1 day later.

15. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    He is doing the move he constantly accuses Jay Leno of doing. Imagine if Jay did what Howard did. Imagine Howard doing Jay's voice "Hey listen, Im a good guy....etc"

16. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    ....and I hope he DID want to be on Primetime TV with Matt Lauer for the telethon, and his pathetic treatment of staff regarding the storm prevented that from happening.

To use one of my mom's expressions, I'd bet dollars to donuts (whatever the hell THAT means) that if Beth could have been on camera in the same room with celebrities manning the phones? He'd sure as hell have made it.

Did anyone catch his whining of his seat placement for Ed Bradley's funeral in the Katey Sagal interview? She asked if they were close, and I believe Howard said he had only met him twice! Probably irrelevant to this issue, but I just heard it on HTV and couldn't help but gag at his narcisissm and desperation to be seen with celebrities.

He has so far surpassed Imus in the "douche" catagory that they are no longer in the same stratosphere! YEA Howard! Way to go!

17. Big Suede

Big Suede Active Member

Reputations:
    I bet Stern also had the thought in his mind- With a hurricane going- that is probably the best time to work because it is a wasted day regardless. He wasnt going to go out and actually do anything.

The shows were awful- no guests, no planned bits- just bitterness and anger

18. WholeAssholeOut

WholeAssholeOut New Member

Reputations:
    was listening to an old show from Jan 2007, he interviewed brad garrett and told the ed bradley funeral story again. he asked if brad was excited to go to peter boyle's funeral, that he loves celebrity funerals because he gets to be around celebrities. even someone else's funeral has to be ALL FOR HOWARD!

19. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pretty embarrassing that someone who considers himself to be an icon of New York wasn't included. I'm sure the organizers realized that Howard would just try to make it all about him and say something that's inappropriate or insensitive. That's been Mr. One-Trick-Pony's act for his entire career and the few sheep that are left still praise him when he repeats it during every appearance he makes. Most of the world is sick of his bullshit and completely over him.

20. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    I could see Howard walk onto the set of a charity event with his arms wide open, flailing up and down trying to get the camera men to applaud

21. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    there is no god.