Howard really is a money grubbing bastard!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by J Perez, Oct 24, 2015.

1. J Perez

J Perez Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    While I was listening to a best of Riley Martin video on youtube earlier today (http://bit.ly/1LsFOyh) I started to contemplate how much of a money grubbing bastard Howard really was. Riley seemed to be the most vocal about getting fucked over with a shitty wage since Jackie was on the show. From there I thought of all the ancillary shows and people that have come and gone, that must have either had some sort of issue with Howard wanting them to create content for free, or paying them "slave wages" as Riley put it.

There is no way that Howard didn't have had the ability to increase any other show's or persons salary, but since the $500M included his salary plus that of everyone on the channels, its only natural that Howard would shitcan any show or person that asked for any kind of money or a slight increase. I think of when Jackie spilled the beans, during one of his contract negotiations fights, about Howard persuading Robin and Fred to be represented by Buchwald. He was such a greedy bastard back then, that he wanted to fuck over Robin and Fred by getting the lion share of the whole pot of money that Buchwald negotiated for them. I guess Robin and Fred went along with it because they really wouldn't be shit without Howard and they knew it.

He also has a million interns doing critical work like editing shows, engineering live shows, body guarding, etc. He's too much of a money grubbing bastard to hire professionals and actually pay them wages. Howard also confirmed that idiot Ronnie the Limo Driver was hired because he was cheap. And Howard drove around in Lincoln limo; how fucking tacky and cheap is that?! Get a fucking Maybach or a Rolls! Or if you're truly not trying to be that flashy (any limo is fucking flashy) get a regular Audi A8 and ride in the back. There is no limit to this fucker's greed and cheapness once you really start thinking about it!

Heres a list of shows or people that I think either asked for money or a raise and where shitcanned:

Jackie's Joke Hunt - canned - Jackie was actually losing money on that show!
    Ferrel - Canned - probably asked for a raise
    Black on Black - canned - big black confirmed they weren't paying them during one episode so they quit
    Hanzi show - never was - he probably asked for money
    Geek Time - canned - Ralph probably wanted to get paid and Howard said you can either quit geek time or I fire you completely
    Bubba - canned - he asked for more money (I don't give a shit this show got canceled because it sucked)
    Abe Cannon - canned - probably asked for more money (I don't give a shit this show got canceled because it sucked)
    Miserable Men - canned - Levy probably asked for money
    John the Stutterers political show - canned - probably asked for money
    The Intern Show - canned - probably asked for money
    Lisa G - canned - probably asked for more money
    Gary Garver - canned - probably asked for money
    Wolfie - canned - probably asked for more money
    Dan the Song Parrody Man - canned - probably asked for more money
    Johnny Fratto - canned - probably wanted to get paid for providing content with his freak show people like ETM, but Howard said no, so he kept trying to hock shit and inset advertising in ETM's and Elliot Offen's appearances
    Elliot Often - canned - probably asked for money
    Crazy Cabbie - canned - probably asked for more money
    KC - canned - probably wanted to get paid for providing content with his stupid antics, Howard said no, so he too started to hock shit and create fake content like the Tranny hooker from Alaska

And the list goes on and on. Whats weird is that although Riley talked all that shit and exposed what he was getting paid (I understand some of it was exaggerated for the show), he did stand the test of time, and is still getting paid. What he's getting paid today is anyone's guess, but he must be brining in subscribers or keeping enough people listening to channels, for Howard to keep him on and actually pay him something decent.

2. Elsalvador1990

Elsalvador1990 Active Member

Reputations:
    Maybe. The Riley stuff always seemed like a bit to me. I take a lot of what I hear on air with a grain of salt.

3. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you can't parlay 1 hour on the Stern channels into $$$. You don't deserve to be paid.

4. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Puh-leez...how is one supposed to do that? Shake down the 10 people listening?

5. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  6. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the hooker from alaska was fake?:(

7. larryluncg

larryluncg Empty VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Dude I would can all those shit shows myself.

8. J Perez

Reputations:
    Yeah I'm not saying they were good it's just that Howard prefers to put shit shows on for little to no money rather than quality stuff he'd have to pay for.

9. J Perez

Reputations:
    Yeah Riley exaggerated it obviously, but I do think there was some truth to it.

SalsMasterShake likes this.
  10. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    right, he purposely hired ppl who werent worth anything, so he didnt have to pay them anything.
    thats even worse

TheHighHat, J Perez and Joe Bauers like this.
  11. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Stern is one of the greediest assholes on the planet.
    Money comes before everything in his life, and if it will save him a few pennies to shitcan a show, he wont hesitate.

12. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Most of the shows on that list are way better than what the Stern show is now.

rabbigottfried likes this.
  13. J Perez

Reputations:
    Agreed!

Dorb likes this.
  14. larryluncg

larryluncg Empty VIP Gold

Reputations:
    All his productions are shit. Howard TV was the worst.....

funnymoney and J Perez like this.
  15. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    highly doubtful now

.. maybe back when Stern was relevant before he became the proverbial pelican falling in the forest. Now the only way to commercialize on appearances is to be beard of the zookeeper who pays $5000 for each of her mentions on Page 6 (for all the good that does) or to crowbar parts for her in her littered trail of unsuccessful "projects."

JT720322 and John Mahlin like this.
  16. bsi

bsi New Member

Reputations:
    black on black was so good.. my god.. if those guys only had more ambition and drive...

17. Father O'Blivion

Father O'Blivion Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If the next step is to do a podcast, that will mean that Adam Carolla will be his new, number one enemy. It will be interesting to see who Kiss-ass Kimmel sides with.

18. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    And could show up on time......

19. dilly

dilly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  20. TheHighHat

TheHighHat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ebeneezer Stern is definitely one of the most miserly pricks to ever darken this planet, but Riley not getting paid was great radio.

Riley kind of slit his own throat there.

But it's an absolute disgrace what Howard allowed his channels to descend into, and it wasn't just about the money; he couldn't stand the "competition" of BOR and Black on Black.

If you can't outshine those shows, have some dignity and hang it up, grandma!

John Mahlin, RenchFries and J Perez like this.