Howard Returning To AGT

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Nov 19, 2013.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Proof that NBC doesn't care about making money. I wonder if he took a pay cut?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...igns-on-for-more-americas-got-talent/3637517/

Howard Stern just couldn't stay away.
    He announced on his Sirius/XM radio show Tuesday morning that he has signed on for more America's Got Talent judging fun.
    "Well, I really, really did struggle with this decision because … I've been working a long time," he told listeners. "I really wanted to decide if this was going to take away too much … free time. Did I really still enjoy doing it? Did I have something to say? Is it something I should be involved with still?"
    Stern went on to tell listeners, "It started out as a goof … Now it's becoming a job. I thought I'd do it for one season. And then I said … let me go back [for] a second season, I think I'll be better at it.
    "But anyway, after much thought, and much neurotic whining to everyone in my life — and believe me … I want to thank the following people for listening to me over and over again: my wife [Beth Stern], oy … she put up with a lot. She's like … just make a decision already, she couldn't take it [anymore] ... you can imagine living with me, Robin."
    Sidekick Robin Quivers acknowledged: "This was on your mind 24 hours a day."
    "Yeah, and it was depressing me," he admitted, "and then I said, "This is silly; this is not that big a decision. Why am I making this into something?"
    He went on to say the execs at NBC have "adjusted the scheduling to accommodate me, so they made me feel very special."
    Plus, he added that he's got "that big black hole in me that demands attention."
    Quivers asked, "The big black hole, did it win?"
    And Stern admitted, "It won. I am going back for one season more."
    He said, "I will go back [for] one more season and sit there with the crew: Howie and Heidi and Mel and whoever."
    When Quivers asked if all the judges were coming back, Stern said, "I'm assuming. Let's put it this way, when they [NBC] asked me if it was conditional, I said … let them all come back!"
    He rambled on: "I don't know if they are coming back — I'm assuming they are. I'm assuming it's the same crew. Actually, I know … I'm just acting like I have nothing to do with it. I didn't want to be in the role of being their boss too, you understand? Robin, you know how to read between the lines … I have nothing to do with that decision … [They are] lovely people, and if they want to come back, God bless them."

2. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    believe me, wiggy belongs there

[​IMG]

3. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    They are going to film me from my limo, Robin. Working 25 hours a day just didn't allow me to be "live"

4. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    they asked him if it was conditional? wtf?

i despise that prick.

5. BethSucks

Reputations:
    I honestly don't get it. To me it would be like I hired an employee at a much higher rate than his predecessor because he was supposed to get the job done better and then I found out he did 30% less work than the guy he replaced. Why would I keep him on?

6. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    This is good news. NBC knows that the slow build was at least a three-year project. The ratings will surely go through the roof this season!!!

Howie's "all in" with his radio show, huh??? "Well, I really, really did struggle with this decision because … I've been working a long time," he told listeners. "I really wanted to decide if this was going to take away too much … free time." Not take away from his D.O.A. radio show, but his FREE TIME.

Oh well, another year of ratings disaster for us to have fun with.

7. larryluncg

larryluncg Empty VIP Gold

Reputations:
    It started out as a goof … Now it's becoming a job. I thought I'd do it for one season. And then I said … let me go back [for] a second season, I think I'll be better at it.

:facepalm:

8. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He went on to say the execs at NBC have "adjusted the scheduling to accommodate me, so they made me feel very special."

Howard will claim he didn't take a pay cut, he's just being paid less because he's working fewer hours. That's the same little word game he played when he took a pay cut to re-sign with Sirius. I'm sure he promised AGT a lot more free promotion on Sirius too, H101 probably really will become AGT101.

9. BethSucks

Reputations:
    The MarksFriggin rundown:

Howard Returning To America's Got Talent One More Time. 11/19/13. 6:00am
    Show opening bits and songs included: Sal and Richard prank calling a Swap and Shop show, Bon Jovi performing ''Livin' On a Prayer'' live in the Howard Stern Show studio.
    Howard started the show talking about the exciting night he had. He was up at 1 in the morning and watched some shows. He said he fell asleep at 3:30 and then his alarm went off. He said he's having a blast.
    Howard said he has a couple of things to announce today. He said people are wondering if he'll be going back to AGT. He said before he goes to that he wants to say how he came to the decision. He said he listened to the Wack Pack and what they thought. Howard said their advice is sound. Howard played some audio clips of the Wack Pack talking about the AGT thing. The first one was Riley Martin talking about cutting back. Riley said he wouldn't do anything if he had that much money.
    Howard played another clip of Wendy the Retard talking about going back to America's Got Talent. She said she only has 80 cents herself. Jeff the Drunk said that he should return to AGT. High Pitch Eric also said that he should return to AGT.
    Howard said that he did struggle with this decision. Howard said in a way Riley is correct. He said he's been working a long time. Howard said he really wanted to decide if it was going to take away too much free time. Howard said he started out doing it as a goof but then it became a job. He said he had much thought and much neurotic whining in his life. Howard said he wants to thank his wife for listening to him over and over. He said she put up with a lot. Howard said she told him to just make a decision already. He said just imagine living with him during this. Howard said it was depressing him. He said that he had to really think about this.
    Howard said NBC really listened to him and they adjusted the schedule to accommodate him. He said they changed the show for him. Howard said you can imagine how loved and wanted he felt. He said that plays right into that big black hole that lives inside of him. He said they were very nice. He named a few of the people at NBC who were very good to him. Howard said he put a lot of thought into this. He said he has decided he needed a personal life but that big black hole inside of him needs attention. He said it won. He said he's going back for one season more.
    Robin said he had her convinced he was going to say no. Howard said his dark passenger won't allow him to do that. He said he will go back for one more season. He said he'll sit there with the other judges. He said he's assuming that Howie, Heidi and Mel will be there but he doesn't know for sure. He said he has nothing to do with that decision. Howard picked up the phone on Mariann from Brooklyn who was screaming and asking if Don Buchwald is high as a kite today. Howard said he has to get a new queen for this thing. He was joking with her of course. Howard had to hang up on Mariann when she was rambling too much for him. He said he can't take it.

10. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    100% correct

11. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Most of u guys thought he had a two yr deal and wasn't going to be offered a third yr...U gotta understand the show is a p.o.s gong show and Wiggo is the best they can do.

12. BethSucks

Reputations:
    But why not drop Stern and his bloated salary and just keep the remaining three, the show had higher ratings with Brandy, Jerry Springer and David Hasselhoff, Klum, Mandel and Scary Spice are at least their equal.

13. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    If he goes back or not is one thing but then for him to try and act like he has any say in who the other judges are and if they answer to him is just ridiculous. I'm sure the other three were thrilled to hear Wiggy perpetrate the fraud that he is somehow in charge and decides what happens to them.

14. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    they probably dont want to change too much because the show does well enough and they dont want to risk a total collapse like what has happend to AI

15. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Another year of hilarious GIFs :munch:

16. BethSucks

Reputations:
    Maybe I overthink it but AGT has no competition other than reruns and cooking competitions, the collapse of Idol was due in a large part to real competition in the same genre from The Voice. AGT doesn't seem vulnerable to that kind of collapse regardless of the judges simply because it's the only option available on network TV during its season.

17. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We're still waiting for you to find some talent, Howard. Where's that big international superstar you promise every year?

18. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I am actually shocked they took him back. I am guessing he is working for peanuts (at least compared to what he was making before and probably more on par to what Howie makes).

The #2 guy in charge of reality TV at NBC is a superfan. I bet that has something to do with it.

I can see Howard agreeing to work for peanuts to come back because he desperately is looking for mainstream legitimacy. AGT is his only hope for that legitimacy.

19. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    the show is just unwatchable no matter who is hosting, they would probably have to spend more $$ to move the production back to LA

20. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    No one knows what they're paying Howard for a third season and it may be not very much more than the other judges. It keeps him more relevant than his radio show and at least it will provide another season of screen time for the wig and teeth plus a chance for the amazing Beth to make a few more appearances on TV.