Howard Speaks to YOU the fans 4/18/12

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MobyDick, Apr 25, 2012.

1. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How many lies and delusions can you spot in Howard's address to the fans during his rant last week Wednesday?

“Look, I’m a loyal guy. I’m here; I understand I lost the case… for now. I will appeal it. It wouldn’t be the first case that got overturned. It wouldn’t be the first decision by this judge or any other judge that got overturned and I’m hoping for the best. That’s what I’m hoping for. And I will go on working here. I have…how many years do I have working here? 3 more years, we have 3 more years. The rest of this year, we have 3 and half years left. And I will do a quality radio program. I will do my best. As I’ve always done, because quite frankly you’re the listeners, you don’t deserve to be caught up in this. You paid money to hear a great radio show and that’s what I’m going to deliver. Because my reputation has always been the most important thing to me, not the money I’ve made, believe me I didn’t get into radio for money. I never thought I’d make 2 cents. Ah, when you are making $96 a week and you’re the worst f*cking radio announcer in the world, you’re pretty sure that you’ll never make a dime.

The idea that I can even be talking about one day being responsible for a merger is remarkable to me, more remarkable to me than anybody. I’ve worked hard to get here. And you the listen are not going to suffer. I’m going to continue to do my radio program, without malice, be a pro, do my thing, do my thing on America’s Got Talent, it’s an exciting year for me, I’m really excited for you guys to see me doing that network show, May 14[SUP]th[/SUP] it debuts. It premieres. And I’ve been excited about that, the crowds have been great, you fans have been amaaazing. You’re so supportive and so wonderful. And you always have been and have always been with us. Thank you for coming over to this company. You’re with us, and thanks for making it a success and forcing a merger. Your loyalty is what has done it. And this momentary bump in the road for me is something that I’ll move on from. I am angry about it, I won’t lie to you. But my anger is compartmentalized. I’m able to put that in one part of my brain and continue doing my show and enjoy doing my show. And that’s it! And I’ll hire a lawyer, I mean not hire a new lawyer, I have my lawyer, I believe in him, will continue with this case and I’ll see where it goes. Right now, you know, right now it’s sh*tty.

But that has nothing to do with the radio show. And I’ve enjoyed the freedoms, by the way, the reason I came to Satellite, there are a lot of good reasons. I enjoy the freedoms. But let’s face it! If you guys weren’t here with me, and you weren’t listening, none of this would be happening. It wouldn’t be an argument, and guess what? They would find a way to end my contract anyway, they’d say I’ve breached or something They’d figure it out. The fact that you guys are with me is what even keeps me safe. So I can say whatever I want. Even about this horrible situation.â€

Howard Stern 4/18/12

2. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...hes a douche, why doesnt he just sit up on his hind legs and beg for the money.

3. jaybrook07

jaybrook07 Active Member

Reputations:
    "I'll PISS on my fans"- Howard Stern

4. sludge

sludge New Member

Reputations:
    I think it was about 2 years ago that Howard said he would piss on his fans.
    Now he is kissing the asses of the few that remain.
    "You’re so supportive and so wonderful."
    I believe he is doing this because he lost so many fans when he said he would piss on us (I canceled that day along with several others).
    Sirius probably threw that moment in his face during contract negotiations, it might be part of the reason he had to take the less money for less work deal.

You’re so supportive and so wonderful.
    I think he is probably talking about the old ladies that watch AGT, not his real fans that funded his bullshit revolution

5. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "And I will do a quality radio program. I will do my best. As I’ve always done, because quite frankly you’re the listeners, you don’t deserve to be caught up in this."

And to make sure you, the listeners, are not caught up in this, I will drone on endlessly about the lawsuit and how the judge is incompetent.

6. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    So much of what he said is utter bullshit designed to muddy the waters for those that can't think for themself.

They'll find a way to get rid of him? It's him that sued to try to get out of his contract responsibilities

The fans mean a lot to him? He should spend more time with us that 2-3 days a week for four hours, less commercials and live reads and should provide more variety than the same content and guests repeated over and over.

The only truth in that drivel is that he's glad we keep paying...

Such utter bullshit.

7. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He also said this:

8. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    these may be the only truthful words to ever come out of Howard Alan Stern's fucked-up grill.

9. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    :bow:I bow to my queen.:bow: :backlol:

10. jake206

jake206 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    3 easy lies by my count. oh fuck, and the delusions? Need to think about this for a while

11. HowardsPrenup

HowardsPrenup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He slops through every fucking show. And lip smacks through at least half of it. Effortless and boring as shit. No effort, he loves shoving it up everyones ass. Spin spin spin on everything. ASS.

12. Bye You!

Reputations:
    i counted 9 after a quick reading :scratch:

you know, there are some sentences which contain more than one lie.

13. Bye You!

Reputations:
    :hug:

14. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    Wiggy is starting to piss me off. :D

15. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The difference between AGT and Private Parts and the Channel 9 show is that Private parts and Channel 9 were extensions of the Howard Stern brand and most fans cared about those two projects. AGT is something completely different. A large number of Howard's fans hates AGT and does not care about it. AGT is not an extension of the Howard Stern Show like the movie and the channel 9 show was. It is crappy reality television.

I am beginning to think Howard insulates himself with sycophants and doesn't let people who are honest with him in his inner circle. He sees a few thousand fans at AGT tapings and he thinks the fans love him as much as ever. The thing is that if Howard was to do a live event like this in the 90s, 100,000 people would show up even if only 1-2k actually got into the building. Now a few thousand do.

Howard will always have a percentage of his fans being fiercely loyal no matter how much he turns on them and becomes boring. Those are the people who show up to AGT tapings. The problem is that there is many more fans who have been loyal for decades who feel like he sold them out and no longer listen or complain on boards like these. Howard has convinced himself that us dissatisfied loyal fans are really not fans at all. Howard expects blind loyalty from his fans no matter how much he mails it in.

16. Bye You!

Reputations:
    use that pitchfork

17. idiotbox

idiotbox Looking for a dime and found a quarter. VIP

Reputations:
    Fuck him and the horse he rides around on.

18. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:

Okay, okay, now what the HELL is that about? Sirius did absolutely NOTHING to try to end his contract or otherwise show him the door! HOWARD STERN SUED HIS OWN EMPLOYER AND WAS JUDGED TO BE WITHOUT MERIT.

When did Sirius try to "find a way to end his contract"? They just SIGNED the damn thing a few months ago!

What a fucking lying sack of shit my former favorite performer has become.

19. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    I've gone ahead and bolded and highlighted in red all of the lies in Howard's statement above....

“Look, I’m a loyal guy. I’m here; I understand I lost the case… for now. I will appeal it. It wouldn’t be the first case that got overturned. It wouldn’t be the first decision by this judge or any other judge that got overturned and I’m hoping for the best. That’s what I’m hoping for. And I will go on working here. I have…how many years do I have working here? 3 more years, we have 3 more years. The rest of this year, we have 3 and half years left. And I will do a quality radio program. I will do my best. As I’ve always done, because quite frankly you’re the listeners, you don’t deserve to be caught up in this. You paid money to hear a great radio show and that’s what I’m going to deliver. Because my reputation has always been the most important thing to me, not the money I’ve made, believe me I didn’t get into radio for money. I never thought I’d make 2 cents. Ah, when you are making $96 a week and you’re the worst f*cking radio announcer in the world, you’re pretty sure that you’ll never make a dime.

The idea that I can even be talking about one day being responsible for a merger is remarkable to me, more remarkable to me than anybody. I’ve worked hard to get here. And you the listen are not going to suffer. I’m going to continue to do my radio program, without malice, be a pro, do my thing, do my thing on America’s Got Talent, it’s an exciting year for me, I’m really excited for you guys to see me doing that network show, May 14th it debuts. It premieres. And I’ve been excited about that, the crowds have been great, you fans have been amaaazing. You’re so supportive and so wonderful. And you always have been and have always been with us. Thank you for coming over to this company. You’re with us, and thanks for making it a success and forcing a merger. Your loyalty is what has done it. And this momentary bump in the road for me is something that I’ll move on from. I am angry about it, I won’t lie to you. But my anger is compartmentalized. I’m able to put that in one part of my brain and continue doing my show and enjoy doing my show. And that’s it! And I’ll hire a lawyer, I mean not hire a new lawyer, I have my lawyer, I believe in him, will continue with this case and I’ll see where it goes. Right now, you know, right now it’s sh*tty.

But that has nothing to do with the radio show. And I’ve enjoyed the freedoms, by the way, the reason I came to Satellite, there are a lot of good reasons. I enjoy the freedoms. But let’s face it! If you guys weren’t here with me, and you weren’t listening, none of this would be happening. It wouldn’t be an argument, and guess what? They would find a way to end my contract anyway, they’d say I’ve breached or something. They’d figure it out. The fact that you guys are with me is what even keeps me safe. So I can say whatever I want. Even about this horrible situation.”

Howard Stern 4/18/12

20. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    winner!