Howard spends a few minutes playing (human) in Radio Shack

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ruffypup, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    and complains about having to stand on line because he is the only one that has an important meeting with Jim Meyer :facepalm:

Welcome to our world dude! :grad:

2. Howchilla

Howchilla VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    What was he buying there? A sirius radio for his boss?

3. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This is the False Story Mike…Howard never stands in line for anything. He has an assistant.:rolleye:

4. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    He takes that one experience and blasts the entire corporation :facepalm:

5. hillbilly

hillbilly Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    He must be at one of the Radio Shacks that are closing down, cheap Jew bastard was buying clearance shit, probably batteries.

6. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    I wonder if Toni went with him in case the wig needed adjusting while he stood in line. <--- Crazy part of that question, it's not a JOKE!

7. UpInSmoke123

UpInSmoke123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    standing "on" line is a newyorkism that really bothers me for some reason.

8. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    Personally, I have no problem with it in that where I come from we have even crazier cultural phrases but with that said, I HATE to hear Howard say it because he is such a stickler for proper english when it is in regards to someone else. I remember Howard saying he hated the way Italians had to pronounce mottzeralla mootzerell yet he bombards us with yiddishisms all day n shit,

9. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    It wasn't Radio Shack he was complaining about although he didn't do much to clarify. His long rant was about another major retailer that he didn't name although he did say the retailer planted a tabloid type of "news" story that Howard was spotted in their store. That rant grew out of his initial Radio Shack rant and it was a blurred line he crossed over. I suppose one could go back and check recent NY tabloids to see what major retailer it may have been; I didn't believe a word of Howard's story. It seemed more of a parable cobbled together to drive home a point much like Jesus used to do. Howard may actually think of himself as The New Mashiach.

I still can't get over Howard telling an AGT contestant that he should try using an open tuning on his guitar as if Howard were some sort of Tommy Emmanuel-esque guitar guru instead of somebody who barely knows two chords since he only started playing guitar last month after Donovan gave him one. I bet all the cool chicks (Heidi, Mel B) get wet when Howard starts offering technical advice to musicians.

My bullshit detector was going haywire this week listening to Howard. For those who love not to listen to the show, it's truly fascinating to peer into his psyche these days.

10. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "like a parabale cobbled together..." brillant. That's exactly what I get from him when I listen to the show. I don't think he sees himself as a comedian or disc jockey as much as a Jesus figure to his listeners.

I was trying to figure out the store too because he was saying they had to call you (like a deli....was he getting a marbled rye? ) or was he at a wine place? I also think it was a fake, like a story Beef told him and he made his own. I like how random people are coming up to him with their charity ideas because of Beth's escapades and AGT