Howard Stern Says He May Retire After Contract Ends

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Thedomina, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Thedomina

Thedomina Unfriendly

Reputations:
    Howard Stern Says He May Retire After Contract Ends

Posted by Samantha29SEP
    [​IMG]

Howard Stern got real on The Stern Show this morning when a caller asked if he plans to resign in 15 months, when his contract is up.

"There's a part of me that thinks I won't be here any more," Stern said, "and there's a part of me that thinks I will." Stern admits to a "real emotional problem," and is torn either way in deciding whether or not to continue his show. The Howard Stern Show has been on air since 1975.

"I honestly don't know myself at all," Stern said. "I don't even know if it would make me happy to be off the air or sad." Stern has been in therapy for at least fifteen years, and it hasn't helped him come to any conclusions on the matter.

Rumors of Stern's retirement have been floating around. Earlier this month, a report from Extra followed up after the rumor surfaced that Stern planned to retire and move to Florida with his wife, Beth. Stern said, “That is absolutely untrue. I saw that on the news myself and I said… ‘Wow!’”, according to the article.

"I'll tell you what, it makes me sad when that alarm clock goes off at four in the morning," Stern said. "And at this point, what the f*** do I need that for?"

However, in the end, Stern admits he has no idea where he will be in 15 months, and loves his fans and the people he works with. "It'd be very hard to walk away," he said.

- See more at: http://emptylighthouse.com/howard-s...contract-ends-1261423773#sthash.gn9yazON.dpuf

yaddc, 1Vegasgirl and Joe Bauers like this.
  2. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    He gone

Joe Bauers likes this.
  3. Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath Nothing to prove

Reputations:
    Jesus Christ! here we go again....He promised this was his last contract! F@#king retire already! You won't be missed!!!!

4. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How does that qualify as news? Howard's been saying the exact same thing for years. Figures, it's that emptylighthouse website that reprints everything Howard's PR people send to it without checking whether it's accurate or not.

5. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    calling bullshit.!! he does the same shit every time a contract is going to end...

he just wants to look like he was begged to please stay...

fuck him.. that cheap fuck is never going to walk away from money

ever

6. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    He is going to jew his way down to working two days a week for the same money.

7. SIPAWITZ

Reputations:
    I really think it's over this time...He can do AGT leave radio and still be relevant nationally

He already has more money than he'll ever need...it's over

8. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Again? Every single time his contract comes up he uses the retirement card as a negotiating tactic. At this point, if I'm negotiating with him, I call his bluff. Want to retire? Go ahead. Go back to terrestrial if you want a better deal.

As for his whining about 4:00am, that's his own doing. He wants the money, so he's stuck having to do mornings. If he wanted to do an afternoon drive, he could. Sirius wouldn't pay him as much, but he doesn't need the money. If he needs to do a show but doesn't like the early hours, then take a monetary hit and go to afternoons. Howard doesn't want to retire. He wants to have a show of some sort. All broadcasters have a hard time leaving. Larry King left CNN and supposedly retired. But here he is at age 80 with some lame internet show on ORA TV. Joan Rivers kept a crazy schedule into her 80's and died without retiring. Howard isn't retiring. He's simply cannot enjoy a common life. He needs the spotlight - even if it means working only 8 or 9 days a month.

9. Onehourphoto

Onehourphoto Maverick Gold

Reputations:
    Howard lies

John Mahlin likes this.
  10. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's the false story.

11. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    This, but I think he'll take another pay cut like last time and lie and say he didn't.

He has nothing else that will give him the venue to push Beth (which equals keeping Beth), rattle on about his made up life (which is still lame), rake in money (which is ultimately what is important to him). AGT serves none of those needs sufficiently and could drop him any time. He was really hoping to work the AGT thing into something that would make him a primetime super star and then he could leave radio. That didn't happen, so here he is again with his "I might retire from radio" schtick.

12. SIPAWITZ

Reputations:
  13. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Didn't this schtick get old about 3 contracts ago?

14. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Blah, blah, blah. Posturing for the next marble heist attempt. Blah, blah, blah.

[​IMG]

15. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Luckily I no longer listen so I won't have to put up with the next 15 months of on air contract negotiation ploys like those who continue to listen will have to endure.

16. SIPAWITZ

Reputations:
    It's going to happen...You guys have been suckered in so long it's like the boy who cried wolf

He's going leave, the time is right

17. Thedomina

Thedomina Unfriendly

Reputations:
    Howard Stern got real on The Stern Show this morning when a caller asked if he plans to resign in 15 months, when his contract is up.

That's the fake story

18. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    And be trapped with Beth and the ki'ens all day?

Mulletude, jyanks and reno like this.
  19. luvsimpsons

luvsimpsons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who would even know/care at this point if he retired? He barely works as it is.

20. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    No. Beth is gonna leave his ass as soon as he retires. The perfect time to run. His main income source will have stopped and he'll been around all the time. All his attempts to make her famous have failed miserably and while we all know she'll never be famous, she'll certainly even be able to realize that it's a lost cause without his radio show.