Howard Stern Show Tuesday: Hypocrite "Humpday"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, May 19, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Howard started off talking about how much he had to get to and then when straight to filler, a call from Speech Impediment Man designed to both take shots a Letterman and negotiate with Sirius, fake Charlie Sheen AGAIN talking with Elephant Boy, covering the same ground with Medicated Pete that has been covered twenty other times, tired "baba booeys" at golf tournaments and the Joey Boots clip that was posted here days ago. For those still awake Howard took a very cautious approach with the Bill O'Reilly allegations, he doesn't want to upset his friends at Fox News, he did say that if the allegations were true he'd say "fuck you" to O'Reilly if he saw him, not being a hypocrite Howard will certainly say the same to Mike Tyson the next time he's on. Next more tired and tedious Wolfie interviews at Wizard Con, not retiring this bit is proof that Howard doesn't give a shit. Two big interviews today, Pitbull (WGAF) and Roger Daltrey. Pitbull was a required deal to promote Sirius programming, funny Howard didn't mention to him how devoid of meaning modern music is like he did with David Crosby yesterday. On to Daltrey, looks like they covered a bunch of current stuff on that one, if this was 1973. Returning from break and an early live read, Howard went to that favorite show staple: filler, a negotiating on air planted caller saying how great Howard is, Robin apparently can't see past her gunt and was wearing two different shoes, more Wolfie with some new fake character Mick the Nerd, a REPLAY of the fake Charlie Sheen call from two hours ago. On to the live reads, embedded Apple ads and AGT promo. Howard doesn't like the idea of guest judges, big surprise, less attention on his soulless ego. Somewhere in there the rotund rhino read a couple of irrelevant news stories and Howard finished his trot around the bases after hitting another one out of the park, right Jon Hein?

A couple points in here were taken from @Benjamen and the excellent commentary he made in the listening thread.

http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#tue

• Various Audio Bits And Phone Calls. 05/19/15. 7:00am
    • Big Foot Found... At Home. 05/19/15. 7:15am
    • Golf Tournament Baba Booeys And Joey Boots. 05/19/15. 7:20am
    • Bill O'Reilly Discussions. 05/19/15. 7:35am
    • Wolfie Interviews. 05/19/15. 7:45am
    • Pitbull Visits. 05/19/15. 8:00am
    • Roger Daltrey Visits. 05/19/15. 8:50am
    • Phone Calls And More Wolfie Interviews. 05/19/15. 10:00am
    • Robin's News. 05/19/15. 10:20am

2. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    Bullet points for this show:
    -Filler
    -Planted Caller Contract Negotiations
    -Embedded Commercials
    -Lame interview with a faded celebrity that would have been apropos in 1988
    -Filler with lead in to more embedded advertisements
    -Contrived controversy
    -Another planted caller with more phony praise for the wig
    -last week's news

The live on air planted caller negotiations are really pathetic and I challenge any sycophant to supply data to suggest that these knuckleheads are working of their own volition

3. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    thanks to you and @Benjamen and congratulations on making a post more entertaining than the actual show itself.

4. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    The rotund rhino!

5. tradioguy69

tradioguy69 VP of Larry, Inc.

Reputations:
    Every so often I keep thinking that the show might suprise us someday and we might get a good show, where I might actually laugh...i'm starting to realize that it is never going to happen. Sad...my how the mighty have fallen.

6. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    Howard Stern : Leave the gun....take the cannolis

7. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who does the fake Charlie sheen thing . I heard a bit of it last week and it sucked

8. njguy8

njguy8 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

I'm sorry to ask, but..... WHAT THE FUCK ARE WITH THESE FAKE CHARLIE SHEEN CALLS.

I don't listen often enough to know exactly how many times he's done this freaking bit but based on your show wrap-ups, it's been done and overdone at least a dozen times in the last week.

Is there a point to them?

Is there anything funny about them?

Thanks for posting your wrap-up. You're a kind and gentle Soul - making it possible for those of us who don't listen anymore to still know the basics of the day to day grind.

codeine, reno and Honkey Donkey like this.
  9. BethSucks

Reputations:
    Someone who will work for applesauce, toilet freshener and an Identity Guard subscription

10. bznick

bznick Hustling, Flowing, and Hating! Gold

Reputations:
    I hear next week they're unveiling fake William Zabka (Johnny from Karate Kid) and fake Ernest Thomas (Raj from What's Happening) you know, to keep up with the times.

11. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I catch parts of the show over the weekends if I'm out in the car . What I have heard is shit . The Fake Charlie Sheen thing is just the tip of the iceberg of bad BS I hear. It's the worst thing since Al Pacinos baby .

codeine and Trophy Knife like this.
  12. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    These might have been funny a few years ago when Charlie was having his hypo manic breakdown...way to keep the bits relevant Howard.

13. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    O'reilly had better pray to God that he is able to prove he never abused his wife. If it turns out he really did hurt the woman, Howard will not stand for that and will straight knock Bill the fuck out.

14. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    I wonder how much the new Sirius management is going to offer Wig to re-sign for this half-assed effort? No more bullshit Mel Karmazin contracts are forthcoming...

The Jackie chair and codeine like this.
  15. BethSucks

Reputations:
    Hey, can you post this excerpt from Howard's first contract in response to djenkin8's post 39 in the "commercials" thread at SFN. Asshole keeps implying that Howard has no incentive to run commercials, he just does what he's told, clause five answers that issue.

The October 1, 2004 agreement (“Agreement”) Howard Stern and his agent, Don Buchwald, signed, provided a number of different forms of compensation for Howard[1]:

(1) a signing bonus;
    (2) a regular salary paid out in bi-weekly installments during the course of the contract;
    (3) a bonus stock compensation clause that would be triggered if Sirius either acquired (a) 1 million "Howard Stern generated[2]" subscribers or (b) the total number of subscribers to Sirius exceeded an internal target (more on that below) set by Sirius in any year by more than 1 million subscribers;
    (4) a performance-based stock compensation clause that would be triggered if Sirius either acquired (a) 2 million "Howard Stern generated" new subscribers or (b) the total number of subscribers to Sirius exceeded an internal target set by Sirius (the “Sirius Internal Estimate[3]” or “SIE”) in any year by more than 2 million subscribers. This clause had several ladder triggers, so that additional stock would be awarded if the "Howard Stern generated” subscribers or total number of Sirius subscribers exceeded the internal target by 4, 6, 8, or 10 million (each level triggered an additional stock award) at the end of any year;
    (5) a percentage of advertising revenue, in the form of a lump sum cash payment each year, beginning after Sirius acquired 2 million new subscribers after the announcement date;
    (6) a percentage of subscription revenue, in the form of a lump sum cash payment each year, beginning after Sirius acquired 2 million new subscribers, of which, 1 million were "Howard Stern generated," after the announcement date;
    (7) a percentage of the revenue from a premium channel (which was never created); and
    (8) a lump sum payment of $25 million in the event Sirius and XM Radio, Sirius’s lone competitor in the satellite radio market, merged[4].

[​IMG]

codeine likes this.
  16. Caffeinated

Caffeinated Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :haha::haha::haha:

bznick likes this.
  17. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He says shit like this automatically without really thinking about it. He doesn't have shit to get to.

codeine likes this.
  18. njguy8

Reputations:

LOL!!!! Sure why not.....

It's done. It's posted.

Let's see what he comes back with this time.

BethSucks likes this.
  19. BethSucks

Reputations:
    Thanks man, his responses are always good for a laugh.

njguy8 likes this.
  20. njguy8

Reputations:

Yup, and that's exactly what I was thinking.

Why the hell is he doing this ridiculous bit now..... not to mention he's doing it and doing it and doing it and doing it.... I can keep going with this but I think you get the point.

Nobody's talking about Charlie these days - Howard always being on top of pop culture, nails it again. He's quite the guy.

Honkey Donkey and kicksave7 like this.