Howard Stern spends 0.0 hours preparing for his "daily" show...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Chimney Portions, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    ...but will eat up a week of vacation time to prejudge mustachioed jugglers, rapping todlers, singing grandmas and obese beat boxers.

How do you Sirius subscribers justify wasting 13 of your hard earned dollars every month?? For 13 bucks you can support an Eritrian child that Robin forgot about. :boobily:

2. Cawn

Cawn Active Member

Reputations:
    Last 24 months I've had 7 free months and remaining months were 5.00 each. I get five dollars worth alone listening to Jay, that and I'm too lazy and selfish to make compromises on the internet to fish out what and when I want to listen. I really have no complaints with Sirius per se.

3. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    I forgot about Jay Thomas. I'd LOVE to know how many Stern fans listen to him as well.

4. Cawn

Cawn Active Member

Reputations:

I wouldn't mind knowing, too. They're missing a good story teller, that's for sure. I tried the Bubba thing back then. I gave it an honest 9-10 months then just stopped. It seemed so circular that it just lost my interest. Fucking shame they won't give Jay Bubba's old slot full time on 101. Probably help his message board exposure a bunch.

5. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I used to listen to replays of Howard's show in the afternoon to catch up on what I missed in the AM, now I listen to Jay instead. Missing part (or all) of the Stern Show isn't a concern any more. If it wasn't for Jay I'd have cancelled a long time ago and I've also been paying $5 a month or less for several years. My current radio is an old Sirius-only model, if I got a new one I'd switch to XM.

6. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well, I heard an episode of Starz Too. A caller criticized how unlistenable Howard's show has become, and Jay Thomas pulled the billionaire card to defend him.

7. Vanquish

Vanquish New Member

Reputations:
    I like Jay Thomas because he likes my country and his wife is dutch. And that weatherman is a good addition. Shuli tries to hard and I don't know who that woman is.

8. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    I heard that. In fairness, Jay didn't "defend" Howard at all. He just explained that Howard's a bigger fish and he has no reason to take a shot at him or let a caller do it. He was honest about it...he admitted that he doesn't benefit from that shit. He's pragmatic, not obedient.

Jay's smart. He'll readily admit that Howard is the top dog, but has no problem saying that that Howard's radio antics are put on and has no problem reminding us that, at one point, he told Howard that he'd punch him in the face. Honestly, besides the Shuli factor, I can't understand why EVERY Stern fan isn't a Jay Thomas fan. He embodies everything we used to love about the pelican.

9. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    There's two women. Christina's on Monday through Thursday and she's awesome and super cute. And then there's Gianna on Friday...and she's a dried up ol' skank/scam artist.

It's a shame that some of you only know Jay Thomas from the Friday show. When he does his show without Shuli, it's radio gold!

10. Cawn

Cawn Active Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, CP, you have Jay wired dead on.

Sucked this year he didn't do his show after the HSS xmas party like he did the year before. I was really looking forward to those early tidbits. Howard has the entire event so sequestered now, it's fucking pitiful. I like his casual here and there snide comments pertaining to the HSS and Shuli like last week "oh is this how they do it over at the Stern show? all these people in here? man, that sucks...." I'm so glad he put a stop to Shuli airing ANE and Fa Fa Faker. I don't think he ever really wanted to get into that Stern wave but as a courtesy allowed it a few times. I don't ever wanna hear a packer on Jay's show again.

Jay definitely dances to his own music.

11. YokoOhNo

YokoOhNo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Misogyny isn't fun...or funny. I think jay truly hates women

12. Cawn

Cawn Active Member

Reputations:

I just attributed this to his puffy little ego and a resistance to grow up. I know he sure likes to knock the backs out of 'em and I like hearing the stories.

13. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    bought a lifetime subscription back in '06. I'm sure it's paid for by now.

Besides, $13 is the cost of two girly drinks at a nightclub. If you can't afford $13/month, clearly something is wrong.