Howard Stern still helping satellite radio survive?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by John Smith, Aug 31, 2012.

1. John Smith

John Smith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Could the shittier overall quality of The Stern Show and the fact that he's barely on anymore be a plus for SiriusXM? As more people who originally signed up for Stern seek and find alternatives, whether Jay Thomas, Alex Bennett, various music channels, etc. the probability that Stern will not be offered anywhere near the money he wants come contract renewal time will make his departure have much less of an impact on subscribers than it would have just a few years ago. So the end result is SiriusXM will be able to survive Stern leaving without losing half their listeners. One can argue that the quality of the other shows isn't good enough to keep people paying, but if that was true why haven't more people cancelled by now since The Stern Show is just not that great anymore?

2. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    Because not that many were paying to hear Stern anyway? :dontknow:
    I finally reached the point of not bothering with giving them my new credit card info recently. They promptly turned off both my subs without a hiccup after 7 plus years of quartley payments. It was weird at first but I got over it quickly when I realized that I wasn't missing anything.

3. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm surprised sirius hasn't countersued...wiggy knew what he was doing, locked down a renewal contract then filed suit before the ink was dry. No way sirius offers him a 3rd contract..wiggys planned for that too, hes off on his TV career trying to fool all the people all the time..

4. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    siriusxm gets 4.95 from me each month....i listen to about 2hrs of howard a week and never go to 101. there are other channels and performers who are actually glad to put on a good show.

5. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    For me, none of the "alternatives" are worth paying for. Sirius without a real Stern show (not the garbage thats been on for the past 4 years) is like 1980's UHF TV without wrestling: static interference & noise. I wont pay for static and noise; not even $0.37 per day.

6. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The chances Of Stern being on the air with Sirius after the end of his current contract are about the same as the chances of me shitting hundred dollar bills out of my ass. 'Nuff said.

7. Ryoga

Ryoga New Member

Reputations:
    Imagine if Stern attempted to hold some kind of going away party like he did in 05... Only Maryanne from Brooklyn and the 5 or so other hangeroners that showed up when he was promoting Americas Got Talent would bother to show up...

8. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pepito would be there at least.

There are few things sadder than an old wackpacker who hasn't been on the air in years