Howard Stern "The High School Years" Screener

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Quedee, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Quedee

Quedee Wise Ass Extraordinaire

Reputations:
    Hard to believe that this wasn't picked up and made into a series. Just click "Watch this video on Youtube" to view it.

2. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    That was awful.

DarkFriday, bobp, ARM and 4 others like this.
  3. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller floating around

Reputations:
    didn't watch :sd:

Javaforgotme likes this.
  4. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    haaaaaaaaarible

Tr000otgr and Bye You! like this.
  5. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    1,000 views.... who wants to buy it for a billion dollars ?

6. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That was beyond horrible - Howard won't have to worry about someone stealing that invention.

[​IMG]

7. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    I like how even cartoon Howie is mostly shot from the right side. :giggle:

8. SteveZoo

SteveZoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    According to Variety Magazine, the series was picked up:

Stern going back to school for Spike skein
    AUGUST 17, 2004 | 10:00PM PT
    Cabler orders 13 episodes, hopes to bow toon next summer
    Denise Martin

Spike TV is ramping up its toon biz, greenlighting production on the animated series “Howard Stern: The High School Years.”

Cabler has ordered 13 episodes of the series, which it hopes to have ready in time for a premiere next summer, network chief Albie Hecht confirmed. Topper said he had seen several scripts and drawings and that the skein was in the early stages of production.

Stern will exec produce the series alongside Spike programming exec VP Kevin Kay. Not decided is whether the shock jock will provide narration or voice his character. As the title suggests, skein would take a look at an adolescent Stern as he wades through high school.

Order signals a firm commitment from Spike to rebuild an animation block. Cabler had dropped the first incarnation of the block — home to Kelsey Grammer’s “Gary the Rat” and “Stripperella” — from the sked in October, though “Stripperella” returned to finish its run in 2004.

Spike’s most recent entry, the topical toon “This Just In” from Steve Marmel (Nickelodeon’s “The Fairly OddParents”), also struggled with its run in March.

Howard Stern Production Co.’s credits include the FX comedy “Son of the Beach.” Shingle is working on a remake of “Porky’s” and “Rock ‘n’ Roll High School.”
    http://variety.com/2004/scene/marke...ng-back-to-school-for-spike-skein-1117909223/

ARM likes this.
  9. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    makes Artie's cartoon look like South Park

10. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard has said many times that the reason it didn't happen is because he wasn't happy with the animation and it was too costly to do it the way he wanted, so he called it off until it could be done right. Does anyone believe that? I guess I just used to take him at his word back then, but that sounds like one of his usual lies to make himself look good. He probably somehow walked away with money without it ever happening. They probably ordered episodes and then when they saw them, knew it was time to cut their loses.

EDIT: Just watched the video. Wow, that was absolutely awful. Everything about it was bad. Spike may have only had to see that short video before deciding to just pay Howard off and get out from under it.

11. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Robin, Spike tv said I'd be a partner...

..Robin?"

12. June DeMay

June DeMay Well-Known Member

Reputations:

LOL. I caught that too. Nobody wants what he's selling anymore. Hahahaha.

That fact that the clip started with a fart joke sums up all things Howard.

13. June DeMay

June DeMay Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I took him at is word back then too. I didn't mind the rough (very rough) animation. It reminded me of a show I enjoyed greatly "The Critic".

I think what happened is that Howard coughed up the cash for this draft and talked it up talked it up talked it up hoping to get other people to finance it and no one bought it. I now believe that's what happened with "Doomsday", "Porky's" "Fartman" and the dozen other projects he bored his fans with.

Ynnek4 likes this.
  14. killallposers

Reputations:
    Wow, you're right. Watching that right after Howard's made it quite enjoyable. I laughed a few times. Zero to do with Artie though, it was all about Pete's stories. Artie's bad acting is just as blatant when he's a cartoon. Delivering written lines is not what that boy was meant to do.

ARM and broccoli rob like this.
  15. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Breaking: Fox just picked up "Howard: The Wig Years"

Wigward and PelicanWig like this.
  16. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    100%

What wig? Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds are jealous of Howard's hair! And they both want to fuck Robin, too!

ARM likes this.
  17. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wonder how long it took him to invent that excuse. Honestly, would the target audience for garbage like that (stoners and obsessed Stern fans) care about animation quality? Putting a ribbon on a turd doesn't make it better and all of Howard's projects have been turds.

18. puncher

puncher VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I remember hearing that excuse back then...about the animation being "too expensive". The bottom line is that it was unfunny and Spike probably cut their losses after seeing the product delivered to them. That was bad though.....Stern just isn't funny. When people say he is a "comedian", I laugh because he is a radio show host...never a comedian. He did a movie about his life...but other than it being "based on Private Parts the book", he didn't write the movie or do the screenplay. If he would have, it would have been a disaster. He was a producer on Son of the Beach, and we all saw how bad of a show that was.....to best describe Stern, he is a "puppet master" and has always surrounded himself with guys that make him funny. Now...we see the current version of the HSS, and it is horrible.....why? Because Howie has to do more material on his own rather than have Jackie writing jokes and bits or Artie taking over the show with his stories or antics.

I think Spike was smart in pulling the plug on this disaster when they did....that was bad.

19. killallposers

Reputations:
    I found the animation awful. The drawing was just bad, but would've been a 0.0 problem for me if the material was good. They had nothing. They used every Ben and Ray joke right in that few seconds. Ben sounded like disjointed soundboard clips.

That's what I figured must've happened as that's Howard's MO (take no risk and then complain and sue because you weren't treated as a partner), but was going by the article above saying the series was picked up.

20. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Nice pointys on sister Ellen

[​IMG]