Howard Stern vs Michael Savage

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by hypo666, Sep 13, 2012.

1. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdS49GdVbFY

To be honest I think stern is selling savage a bit short here. I mean savage (weiner) had I think a 14 episode show on MSCBC at one point which got decent ratings,had live phone ins .He was only fired when someone did a prank call, and savage basically had a rant about gays, and suggested the caller get some kind of sexually transmitted disease that you can apparently got from sucking a cock. He is not allowed on fox, in partbecause he wrote a book about various media personalities and made some funny remarks about o'reillys sexual habits , hannity etc etc.He also upset the bush clan with how critical he was about W bush. Savage despite having no real friends on the networks or the republican party has the second largest amount of people viewing his show online through podcasts and the like. Written a huge number of best selling books, and baba booey was wrong about how many savage sold in comparison to him,savage sold far more.

While I can't take listening to savage every day his voice grates a bit , he can be very amusing when he takes callers has a quick wit, he also talks about stuff other than politics, and he is broadcasting almost everyday for 3 hours. Strangely enough, I first heard about him ,when it was over the news he was banned in britain, and if someone is banned it does picque the interest in people as to why. Unfortunately much of what he says about the UK is true these days,it is a shadow of it's former self ,although I dislike how he comparing the british people with our on the whole cowardly wet politicians. You have sarah palin, we have nadine dorries who just the other day called for our prime minister and her boss to be killed (metaphronically speaking of course) because she disagrees with him.

To be honest I see quite a few parallels between savage and stern. Neither were born into money,both brought up in tough neighbourhoods, both jews,and both highly intelligent and have that something to be successful in a tough game.

2. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    You mean they edit his show like they used to do to Howard? I'll have to listen better here, and haven't noticed. He is on live here from 3 - 6pm on www.kdwn.com .

3. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    the guy is 100% schtick. he's the shock jock of politics. he's a great entertainer

4. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have listened to him before and he is hilarious, not in awhile though as I tend to tune out of politics during election years because it becomes overkill. He is certainly a right winger, but he hates the republican party too and bashes them all the time as well (he just hates democrats more).

He would absolutely eat Stern alive in a debate. Back in the day, while not as knowledgeable, I thought Stern could of held his own because he was at least quick witted and would have alot of funny comebacks and quips.

Over the years though Stern has lost about 10 miles on his fastball and has morphed into an oversensitive pc whiner who resorts to arguing with tapes of Andy Dick

5. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    I love the "psychological nudity" disclaimer he uses to start every show.

6. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    The thing I admire about Savage, is that he admits he is an entertainer. Limbaugh and Hannity will only admit that if forced.

7. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    good point, though i don't blame any of them for doling a clown act that earns them millions, i blame the fools who think they are getting actual political news from serious pundits

what's funny is, they probably think even less of their fans than i do

8. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Heres savage with his wife in the flesh doing his show on the street.'go back to russia you fucking asshole', 'your camera don't mean shit to me because you are vermin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRYjQ-CL1DE starts at 2.20.Still at least he doesn't just give it large in the safety of his studio. The question is,what would he do if his wife got spat on by some bum?

What I like about savage is,he isn't bothered about going after anyone he dislikes,stern used to be like that.

9. slacker

slacker New Member

Reputations:
    I have listened to savage for years out of habit... But his show now days is quite tame and boring compared to what it used to be... Still, every so often it is entertaining, i cant say the same about hamptons howie....

10. j shmuck

Reputations:
    I'm assuming you also have a problem with nbc bringing on chris mathews for "objective" political commentary (as well as never admitting that Brian Williams is such a committed democrat that he dropped out of college to campaign and work for jimmy carter or that chuck todd was a former democratic hill staffer whose wife still cashes dnc checks as a political operative).

Everyone knows Limbaugh's and Hannity's politics and fox never presents hannity as anything else but mr republican.

I have more of a problem with what the networks news and cnn does with their false objectivity.

11. tfresca

tfresca Active Member

Reputations:
    Go find his novel, which is out of print, about his latent gay sexual desires. I think he protests too much about the gay thing. It should also be noted the people meter killed his ratings and he lost most of his stations.

12. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I only heard it whenever I was up late, as it's apparently rerun here. I'm not sure it's even still on here. He was entertaining. The thing about really smart people is they can sometimes be a little crazy too. Some think that because a commentator is wrong on one thing they must be wrong on everything. I don't.

13. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    I used to listen to Savage pretty regularly, I remember he would play really shitty music from the 50's and reminisce how great the times where back then. Then he would get pissed off about something two second later and he would play Rammstein! Talk about doing a 180 over the course of 4 minutes. It was hilarious. That dude loved him some Rammstein.

14. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i have no problem with it. they are a corporation trying to earn profits. if they put on unbiased serious news with no circus, no one watches.
    mathews is trying to copy the oreily/hannity successful format.
    everyone doesn't know that. they think its 'fair and balanced'

people can watch cspan if they want real political news. no one cares though

15. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Dead mans pants.

His favorite story.

16. j shmuck

Reputations:
    So what do you feel about nbc news presenting brian williams and chuck todd as objective? I'm not talking about msnbc here, I'm talking about nbc network news.

17. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So Howard is blasting Savage for changing his name from a Jewish name because he is embarrassed that he is Jewish. This is the same Howard Stern who has two Jewish parents yet has for decades minimized his Jewishness by claiming he is only half Jewish.

18. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    they obviously aren't objective.

19. tfresca

tfresca Active Member

Reputations:
    Williams is a news reader, nobody on Fox is just a news reader. They all insert their shitty opinions into everything, hence a news reader calling a fist bump a symbol of terrorism without any actual basis in reality.

20. Sternac

Sternac HALs Pal

Reputations:
    I like Savage. He is a great storyteller. I am not aligned with all of his political views, but he is certainly entertaining. Not sure if it's in the clip, but he always calls Ben Stern a clown or something like that saying he used to be a clown at kids' parties. Pretty funny when he rants on Stern, he usually knocks the wig.