Howard still trying to convince the world the has has millions of listeners

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Dec 11, 2013.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    During a Jay rant today Howard told Robin that "he was told"

They have 25 million subscribers of which he was told that 60% listen to him...

Funny that he never tells the world who these people are .... you know why??

Because its an old yellow journalism trick used by Fox and MSNBC ...when you

want to put bullshit out there you say.. Sources say.. or We were told...

And Howard has said that he loves to watch Fox News so he very aware of these simple play one words..

anyway its funny that he puts these fantasy numbers out there days after we have a thread calling out his bullshit once again

Its almost like he is reading our threads and then has to do damage control....

Point Counter Point douchebag

2. jat87

jat87 Active Member

Reputations:
    At best, he was told this as part of one listener survey/study from when he was red hot. It certainly can not have held true since the first contract.

3. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Too bad more of those alleged listeners didn't tune in to watch him on AGT.

4. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    But that wouldn't make sense because when he was "red hot" as you said was before the merger and sirius didn't have anywhere near the amount of subscribers that XM had. when they finally merged the total number of subscribers was about 20 million most of those being Xm subscribers who can't even get h100. However if those numbers came from when he was "red hot" that means every subscriber whether they got h100 or not was listening...

5. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    SiriusXM has 25 million outstanding subs, many of them are free trial subs that are in cars waiting to be sold and others are in rental/commercial vehicles. 58% of the subscriptions are for XM and according to the lawsuit only 700,000 of those have the premium Best of package that gets the HSS as well as the more popular NFL network. So 42% of the 25 million = 10.5 million total Sirius subscribers - 1 million waiting to be sold/rental/commercial subs + 700,000 "Best of subs" = 10.2 million active Sirius subs. Then there are the people who get the Sirius "mostly music" package. I have no data on that percentage but I imagine it's a fairly large number, my wife and her parents all have that. If 10% have that package it leaves around 9 million potential Stern listeners if every one tuned in. 9 million out of 25 million subs works out to 36% as the absolute maximum penetration of the Stern show. Once again Howard lies.

6. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    BUT BUT BUT....Sharon Osborne today mentioned that the show was going down hill. Howard seemed baffled, so she elaborated that ratings were going steadily down. Howard SAID....NO! ratings were up this year!

Unfortunately, Sharon said "that's good then"....and gave him no argument. She said nothing about the sharp, marked drop the year he started. Boohoo.

7. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    I always wonder if Sirius counts active subscribers or accounts. Like my old account is still there if I want to pay and restart it, along with 2 or 3 from when I was giving a visa gift card # in order to get the free month of internet subscription.

It is obvious they don't just count paying customers, because the year trial subs in new cars and the people who did the $500 lifetime subs wouldn't be part of the tally.

8. chapped

Reputations:
    fucked up the tittle... but in my defense i am a slow adult and i was on hold with the dmv

9. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    Uh huh huh

penetration

10. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Exactly. It's not even mathematically possible that 60% of all subscribers listen to the Stern Show and no one ever told him that.

11. chapped

Reputations:

IF the ratings were truly that high.. they would be all over howardstern.com and every other sentence would be about the ratings..

every news break would be about the ratings... BUT no they fucking keep that shit hidden and then just hint

at some fantasy land fairy tale bullshit

remember when Howard would hit number one in a new market??

the entire show would be about throwing the competition funerals followed by a staff circle jerk on air

12. JasperBugg

JasperBugg Member

Reputations:
    I wonder if the younger staff knows just how dire things are or if they are kept in the dark or if they do know and are in a bubble of denial or just picking up a check.

It's got to be demoralizing working there knowing just how tiny the audience is now relative to 2005.

13. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So Howard was told that more subscribers who are physically able to get his channels are actually listening to him. Either Howard is the biggest liar in the world or the biggest idiot and listens to a bunch of BS that Sirius executives are feeding him. Unfortunately, either scenario is very possible and highly likely.

14. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure they check SFN and here. We know Jason and Will read Dawgs

15. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    "Howard, You ignorant cock-sucker"

16. Super Dave

Super Dave Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When Bubba was openly fueding with Sirius he was claiming that cancelled subs stayed on the books for at least 18 months so things would look good for the investors. We'll never know the truth.

17. David999

David999 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sure,sure, 15 million listeners that's why Howard TV is such a success, AGT is smashing viewership records, Sirius wants a 3rd Howard channel, SFN servers are overloaded because of all the traffic, A-list celebrities are begging to be on his show, Letterman wants to devote a whole week of shows for Sweeps week, etc, etc, etc:facepalm:

18. HairLiesHoward

HairLiesHoward Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Why shouldn't Howard say that? His 3 remaining listeners still believe everything he says.

19. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hate to say it, but he does somehow convince the people who matter.

20. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    50 thousand TOPS when live.