Howard talking up iTunes today, hmmmmmm HSS on iTunes in 2016?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Dec 2, 2013.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The hype machine has begun..

Both Howard and the WUS where talking up iTunes, who recently updated it radio features and is now trying to compete with Pandora

2. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Beth is so amazing and brilliant, she was showing her grandmother/husband how to download songs.

Have you heard about this, Robin? You can download just the songs you want- right off the internet! Brilliant! Apple is so amazing.

3. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
  4. nserafini

nserafini Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There's very few pay per episode podcasts; he's competing with free. Very hard to do.

If the show was still actually viable, the plan should be to cut the show into a 30/60 minute block and charge a monthly subscription for the video. Like a TV show's episodes you can download.

I.E. the InDemand model but updated to be out of the dark ages.

Again, that's IF they actually had anybody willing to buy it.

5. Feltspot

Feltspot Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ha seriously

Fuck the fucker

6. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    That article is from damn near 3 years ago and nothing materialized, there's no way in fucking hell that gauging from the state of the show this year and possibly into next year, that they'd ever give Stern that kind of money for the impotent product he's peddling. Factor in his past lawsuits against employers and it's just not worth it, he'd be too big of a liability for $600 mil.

[​IMG] Edit: the cursing isn't directed at you, Phil.

7. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Anyone wanting Pelican now is not going to give him the money he demands. It made sense for Sirius to pick him up for '06. The publicity was great. Pelican was relevant. He was in the top tier of radio guys. They only way Sirius could have gotten someone bigger would have been to score Rush Limbaugh but that would have branded them as conservative/right-wing/Republican.

Now? What does Pandora need? Or Apple? The big thing they need is access via hardware for the vehicle market. That's how they win.

They don't need Pelican. Moreover, he'd be a hindrance because of the price tag he demands AND that he winds up suing EVERY one of his previous employers.

The real question is whether Pelican will try his own thing and sell the subs as an individual program for download, risking the truth about his ratings getting revealed OR re-sign with Sirius which will likely demand a pay-cut.

Methinks Howard is "evolving" his show into something that cuts the staff back about 50% of what it was when he came to Sirius and re-sign.

The big question is whether Quivers or Fred dies or gets sick or wants to retire. If one of them go, the show will likely shutter.

8. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Why would a business model like Pandora and its new competitor I tunes Radio designed to sell music want a talk show? Especially one hosted by an irrelevant dinosaur from the late 80's early 90's who looks like a turkey and seems to be trying to get his Lucy into show business?

9. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Howard is a hype machine. He'll go on Letterman dressed in a silly outfit and dance and say how great this new venture is. That's unless Letterman bumps him again.

10. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Would Apple actually sign talent to guaranteed contracts or would they only offer performance based payouts. No way Howie touches anything that's not guaranteed.

11. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    I read on marksfriggin today that Howard said he was not bumped! The asked Wiggy if he would switch spots with Jennifer Lawrence and Wiggy obliged. Plus Gary said it was his best appearance ever!

12. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    I think the new "evolved" show will be for codgers and middle aged twat moms (the clucking hen types). Those people are just barely technically savvy enough to use the itunes store, forget about downloading clandestinely or ripping mp3s from youtube. Howies new fans will be paying their Howie bill with social security checks and child support payments.

13. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Pandora was good about bringing other bands I've never heard of to my attention, however, they would do some bizarre shit, for example: my Nirvana station would start playing Ottis Redding and then CCR then Lynard Skynard, then back to 90s grunge. What the hell kinda programming is that? Slacker seems to be more on point than Pandora.

14. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Yes radio sells cars, I pods, widgets ext via advertisers. Pandora and Itunes sells music through there stores. Ergo no place for "talk" because it is not selling TUNES(as in I tunes)

Think before you type next time sparky.

For gods sake how many podcast(talk) are SOLD on Itunes it seems like it's a free thing to get all the talk you want on demand

15. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    Howard is psychotically delusional, however. In his mind he has probably built an elaborate new fake relationship with Jennifer Lawrence in which she personally asked Howard for the favor of switching days. Now JL owes him a favor and knows who he is and thinks about him and talks about him with other famous people. And he totally doesn't wear a wig nor has he had plastic surgery and new teeth installed.

16. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Ain't no one buying Howard stern now, they'll be buying even less in 2016.

I hope Julian assange or anonymous post his entire tapes library on floating servers the day before he launches this scam

17. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    How funny is it that Howard is so far behind te times that he planned his big cash heist retirement around syndication revenues? In the age of YouTube and free podcasts.

18. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Robin, I have the next new format. You can get 8 whole tracks onto this tape and easily move it from car to home. Marianne From Brooklyn, you're on the air."

[​IMG]

19. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    even baba-monkey was goofing on Howard sudden discovery of iTunes...

but no fucking way that he gives anything props unless there is a penny in it for howard

20. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sadly you are correct.
    What is even WORSE is that the LOW Views on most of them. Even though they have been up for quite some time.

The only one I remember to have a significant view count was Lady Gaga...Which has been Pulled(by howard or minions). Other versions exist. :cheer:

Howard would have been better off spending some money to manage a Youtube channel with the Best of bits.
    A few (non Howard published)do have 1million plus views.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013