Howard tops another list!!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by nearly.normal, Oct 23, 2012.

1. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [h=1]Famous Pescetarians[/h] 24 Oct [​IMG]
    1. Howard Stern
    Besides being known as an outspoken and often crass media personality, Howard Stern is a dedicated animal welfare activist. Perhaps this is why he has turned to a pescetarian diet. Earlier this year he was reported to have stated his renouncement of chicken “and turkey and all birds†but not fish. “I’m not giving that up!†Stern said. If he’s sustained this choice, it would effectively make him a famous pescetarian.
    [​IMG]
    2. Mary Tyler Moore
    Academy award winning actress Mary Tyler Moore is reportedly pescetarian. She’s best known for her show in which she plays a local news reporter in Minneapolis but also known for a number of unfortunate health circumstances. Early in the run of The Mary Tyler Moore Show she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, and she also had a history of alcoholism. Last year the actress underwent surgery to remove a benign meningioma. Is it possible she decided on a pescetarian diet for health reasons?
    [​IMG]3. Steve Jobs
    He might just be the most famous person on this list though his dietary choices were less well known. According to Forbes.com, pescetarians have a 34% less chance of dying from heart disease, and while vegetarians have 20% less chance of dying from heart disease. It’s no wonder the inventive late CEO of Apple made the well-informed decision to go fish-friendly when he cut meat out of his diet.
    [​IMG]
    4. Rosie O’ Donnell
    Since her heart attack this past August comedian and television personality Rosie O’Donnell is making big changes to her diet. Apparently a doctor recommended she go on a vegetarian diet, that is, only eat plant-based food, the actress decided to keep seafood in her diet. She made this statement on her website after going public with this dietary choice:
    “I do miss steak, cheeseburgers, cheese — I miss dairy in general. But I feel so much better already.â€
    There are plenty of options for those who crave meat. Meat substitutes are often rich in protein and important vitamins. I’d recommend the Morning Star brand.

2. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    1 - Dead
    1 - Fat
    1 - Diabetic tumor ridden alcky
    1 - Howard

Eat moar fish!