Howard vs fcc

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shuli sucks, Sep 2, 2014.

?

Was Howard fight against the fcc

1. Real

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. imaginary

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  1. Shuli sucks

Shuli sucks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    knowing what Howard really is now do you believe in is fight against the fcc back in the day or was it all a marketing strategy.He had guest like Frank Zappa and George Carling real men with opinions and in Zappa case used is free speach cause to ask is daughter stupid questions and he never got people together to champion a free speash crusade.FUCK YOU HOWARD

2. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    Hmus would have chickened out long before congressional hearings.

3. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah the well documented fines were made up

:facepalm:

Stern68 likes this.
  4. Shuli sucks

Reputations:
    i know that i know nothing and becausse something is documented dosent make it true.just my opinion

5. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    huh?

Stern68 and 00steven like this.
  6. Stern68

Stern68 mult Banned User

Reputations:
    I thought this thread was about the rude poster with the girl with the giant breasts as his AV.

7. Stern68

Stern68 mult Banned User

Reputations:
    You got the "I know nothing" part right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fines_of_The_Howard_Stern_Show

Between 1990 and 2004, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) issued fines totalling $2.5 million to radio licensees for airing material it deemed indecent from The Howard Stern Show, the highest amount of any American radio show. The Supreme Court had provided broadcasting guidelines for indecent material in its 1978 ruling in its landmark decision, in which the court prohibited the "seven dirty words" made famous by comedian George Carlin. The FCC had received complaints about Howard Stern as early as 1981, but its limited power at the time prevented further action taking place.

The FCC broadened its guidelines in 1987 following an investigation over indecencies broadcast on the show. In 1990, Infinity Broadcasting, owner of Stern's flagship station WXRK and some of his syndication affiliates, was issued its first fine. Two penalties issued in 1992 worth $105,000 and $600,000 were the highest the agency had fined any broadcaster over such matters. Further violations led to almost $2 million in fines being issued by the end of 1994. A settlement reached between the FCC and Infinity in 1995 included a $1.715 million payment to dismiss all outstanding indecency cases.

8. Shuli sucks

Reputations:
    Executives at tobacco companies knew they had to take action to suppress the public’s fears about tobacco products. “Tobacco companies asked themselves: How can we go about reassuring the public that particularly cigarettes, but also cigars and pipes, are not harmful?” Jackler told HemOnc Today. The answer was to use medical research and physicians to show the public that cigarettes were not harmful. Although the doctors in these advertisements were always actors and not real physicians, the image of the physician permeated cigarette ads for the next two and a half decades.

9. Shuli sucks

Reputations:
    Beth stern will go down in history as a saint and animal activist it will be well documented

10. Shuli sucks

Reputations:
  11. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    A product you can use for 50-60 years is considered harmful?

12. Shuli sucks

Reputations:
    When Howard interviewed Seinfeld he said that he sometimes sees him in the gym.What gym? he as a gym at home with that huge black guy as a trainer.I bet that black trainer also traines a lot of famous people and that's why him and beef posted a picture with him.So where does Howard actually bump into Seinfeld Winst?

13. Shuli sucks

Reputations:
    when beef starts her book tour on morning shows will she mention that she is trying to get 7 million dollars for her scam charity or will she omit the 7 million number and just say the proceeds go to charity?

14. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    You're obviously not a Corleone. It was a case of Brer Rabbit (Howard) not wanting to get thrown in the briar patch by the FCC, as it was a PR goldmine far exceeding the cost (not directly paid by him, usually) and eventually led to his biggest paydays ever.

That little farce could never fool a Corleone.

chuk, kingship and Shuli sucks like this.
  15. Shuli sucks

Reputations:
    Canapé my ass thats a ritz craker with chopped liver

SouthernListen likes this.
  16. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard was willing to fight the FCC as long as someone else was picking up the tab. Howard never paid a dime of fines himself. Howard freaked out when Congress proposed a bill where the FCC could fine radio personality directly for their violations. I think that is why Howard looked at Sirius and XM to move to a platform where the FCC doesn't regulate content.

17. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It was like yesterday.And there was Grand pa All Lewis yelling Hey Howard Fuck the FCC.

18. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's for freedom of his speech

SlinkyNeckStern likes this.
  19. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    Howard's fight against the FCC was real in the sense that they were fucking with him. Does he truly give a shit about free speech? No. Does he give a shit about his own use of free speech and the money to be made along with it? Yes.

Kind of like when some minority advocacy group complains about prejudice/injustice. Do they really care about social injustice as a thing that could potentially affect everyone? No. Do they care when it's social justice that affects them and they can mouth off and profit from it? Yes. See Sharpton, Al. Howard would champion free speech for you or I about as much as Sharpton would champion the rights of a Korean.

I guess you could say Howard is about as real as the Rev.

20. sheet metal wor

sheet metal wor Well-Known Member

Reputations: