Howard vs The NFL

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Jan 29, 2014.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Looks like he opened the show today complaining that the NFL doesn't "give back" to the fans because they charged $28.50 (about the price of a NSAL calendar that's been shoved down the listeners throats for months now) to go to Super Bowl press day in Jersey. If the NFL didn't charge instead of 7000 attendees they'd more likely have 100,000 and be unable to deal with security and crowd management. And last time I checked watching a game on TV was still free unlike listening to Howard's show. The "SiriusXM Super Bowl Party featuring Howard Stern" for a bunch of executives, advertisers and a couple hundred fans isn't giving back.

MarksFriggin:

Howard started the show talking about the NFL and what a bunch of scumbags they are. He said he doesn't know or care much about the NFL but they do this media day with them. He said that they did this over in New Jersey. He said they charge $28.50 for fans that want to watch. Howard said they had about 7,000 fans there. Howard said they made about $200,000 doing that. He said that the NFL makes billions of dollars. He said you'd think that you'd let all of the fans in to see the interviews. Robin said if they cared about the fans they wouldn't make the tickets so expensive. Howard said they never give back. He said if you're a business you spread the wealth. Howard said they charged $28.50. Robin said they only have good will if they need an audience.
    Howard said he thinks he'd outlaw it for health issues just to do it. Howard said they have guys going in for brain damage all the time. Robin said there are people who could never make it without playing. Howard said she's asking if they'd rather have them running around trying to get money in other ways using their brute strength. Robin said no to that.

2. IAC78

IAC78 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Howard says a lot of stupid shit.

3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Howard is a giving honest person.
    The greed of the NFL and NCAA make him sick.
    Sharing the wealth is something Howard believes in, Robin.

4. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :jj: What a fucking hypocrite. Man Howard has really gone full on homo liberal and it just keeps getting worse and worse.

I could see this exchange if Sirius had a media day.
    Reporter:"Howard, why don't you spread your wealth and give your employees more money?"

Howard: "I'm not their boss! I don't pay them. You have to ask Sirius about that."

5. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sort of like NOT sharing $$$ with anyone Show related (Jackie, John, Billy, HackPackers, H101 Shows etc).
    Sort of like kicking people to the curb (HTV) just before the holidays.

Negligeé and Underpants Party was FREE
    US Open Sores was FREE
    New Year's Rotten Eve was FREE
    ...So too was But Bongo Fiesta

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  6. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Howard loves to play that he's "the talent" going against the evil "business" when in fact he's the business that has kept all but the chosen few from sharing in the $1 billion+ that has come from the Sirius years.

I'm not going to say the NFL is some saintly organization but the NFL Foundation has provided millions for kids programs, medical research, community improvements etc..... They don't ask their fans to fund a cat playground with their name on it because they are too cheap to pay for it themselves.

7. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:

I believe the Brad Greys and Harvey Weinsteins of the world worship Howard.
    Howard has pocketed over 90 percent of all marble pies......yet portrays himself as a victim fighting side by side with the lil people for livable wages.
    :jj:

8. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Any word on the kind of living hell the staff at Chimneyville experience?

9. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He is pissed off because the $28.50 that Lisa G. paid to attend the press day came out of his "budget".
    They probably sent her out there thinking it was free and that the event organizers would be happy to see someone from such a relevant, popular show attending.
    Look for some lame ass clips from this event with Lisa G. coming up. Wiggy will make sure he gets something for his $28.50.
    That's a lot of money Robin !

10. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    The NFL and the Super Bowl halftime show should not be allowed around children is all I can say right now.
    Bruno Mars is a twinky, Robin.....and he dresses like a girl (wink-wink)

11. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm starting to think that Howard knows exactly what he's doing with all this hypocritical shit he's saying and doing. Perhaps it's self-hatred and he has no idea that he's actually complaining about himself. I'm sure none of the idiots in the studio pointed out his hypocrisy either.

12. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    His wife uses $3,000 of his money to buy a purse every week but has a problem with a $28 Super Bowl pass???????!!!!!!

13. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Stern woke up in a cold sweat, grabbed his penn light, and starting scribbling in his notebook full of ideas about the greedy NFL.

14. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He has no bounds with his hypocrisy - he's probably jealous that there are lots of people interested in the NFL and many who would pay just to see a media day.

Meanwhile, Lisa G has sold one book on Amazon this month http://www.novelrank.com/asin/006224812X

15. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I assume that was a mistake by someone that had one click shopping turned on.

16. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    True but there are still 2 days left in Jan and she sold a whopping 10 in Dec. I'll bet all 10 members of her family got the same "holiday" gift.

[​IMG]

17. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fred thought the old pittsburgh steelers coach was john madden
    :lol:

18. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Remember this is a guy who gave Bill O'Reilly for selling merchandise for charity. It is only a matter of time that Howard starts to have events where he charges fans to attend.

19. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Hamptons IS a stupid shit..... Reference wife.....

20. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why does everyone still believe him.

I didn't listen, but I think he just thought it was an entertaining thing to say.
    I think he cares less anything about sports to even bother formulating an opinion.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014