Howard wanted to be a parter? I don't think so...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chuk, Apr 18, 2012.

1. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He talks about how he wanted to share in the success if Sirius succeeded, but he doesn't say anything about being a partner in their failure. Would he have wanted to share in their failure too? That is what a partner does after all. Would he have been willing to put all of his money into the company on the eve of bankruptcy? Does Howard even know what the definition of "partner" is?

2. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Howard wanted to be a parter? I don't think so...

I'm partering the hairs

3. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    I seem to remember his saying something along these exact lines to Jackie.

4. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    Considering who is "partner" is, Imma gonna have to vote no!

5. bobartbooey

bobartbooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    His rants are full of holes... the deal was structured that he got at least 50% of his comp in direct guaranteed cash payments... and potentially 50% in stock

Of course he neglects to mention (from what I have read) he always dumped the stock awarded to him ("bonused him").. (not so much "partnering") and of course having had his suit shot down the majority of his comp has been in salary... poor little employee that he is

6. YokoOhNo

YokoOhNo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he could have put up money and gotten investors to front the "$450,000,000 that turned into $6,000,000,000". i think i heard him almost faint when he heard himself say that, he was salivating.

he always got up front guaranteed money in lieu of any risk.

7. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The fact of the matter is, Howard has always had a "worker" mentality. It doesn't matter if you make $10 an hour, or $100,000, you are still limited to making a salary in exchange for your time. Working is for chumps, even if you are getting paid 100mil a year to do it. The real money is made in taking risks with money. Take a look at Bono. The poor bastard toured for 30 years and had to write tons of music to "only" make $300mil. Then he invests in 1% of Facebook, and he makes $1bil off of that. 30 years worth of work vs 1 second of investing. But it takes a lot more balls to do that 1 second of investing. Howard has no balls.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/t...llionaire-wonder-if-hell-pay-any-tax-on-that/