Howard's Annoying Commercial Reads During The News...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dexterdog, Sep 11, 2012.

1. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Okay, I've pretty much had it with the show as it is, but today Howard's awkward cutting in with those fucking commercials during Robin's news segment annoyed the living shit out of me. For some reason today they seemed to grate on my nerves more than usual. The way he just forced that condom ad in there with the "oh I just want to find that super-duper variety pack in my bag like magic" seemed so lame and annoying I wanted to smash the Sirius receiver off my dash.
    Thank God we only have, what, TWO live shows this week? Pretty soon it will come down to Howard reading one commercial after another and Robin will interrupt HIM with a news tidbit...:shit::shit::shit::shit:

2. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Have to agree about the commercials. But I believe Robin no longer gets paid with Howard's money but with the money from the commercials during her news segment. How is a cheap fucker.

3. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey! I just HAD TO respond to your post!!! My first for quite some time!!
    I've been here ...just not posting...

I wanted to say I share your opinion... Howard segways into a LIVE PLUG every few minutes..yesterday it was every few SECONDS!! haha He interrupts Robin so much it's not even worth listening to.
    You can read her news copy on HS.Com WITHOUT the plugs!

I started a thread months ago...."Howard RUINED Robin's News for ME!!" Remember how GREAT Robin's news hour USED TO BE???? Howard & Artie USED to take off and goof on the Kennedy's or whatever story Robin was reporting on....some days the news hour was 2 HOURS!
    WHEN THE SHOW WAS a FIVE HOUR SHOW!!! FOUR DAYS A WEEK.....
    .....the FIRST 2 years on Sirius were THE BEST imo...of course with Artie...Howard kept his promise..."keeping commercials to maybe a few"...the show ran 5 hours....4 days...
    then more commercials ....and now every 30mins. (we KNEW it was toooo good to be true didn't we??)

I disagree with the 2nd post.....Robin is paid by Sirius like Howard & Fred.....however the COMMERCIALS like TV are what pays their salary!
    So when Howard got a Huuuuuuge new 5yr contract....= MORE COMMERCIALS! and when he runs over his 30mins....
    then he piles on the LIVE PLUGS during Robins news....
    I can't even LISTEN to the news at this point....

.....as far as Robin STILL at home on the ISDN line? I was bashed for posting my opinion that she is VERY ILL.....I posted that it sounded like Robin has the same type of cancer my beloved Sister had...GIST ...a rare stomach sarcoma that spreads to vital organs....eventually to the lungs/brain..
    Robin has been home since May. She left saying it wasn't a big deal just a minor procedure.
    I would say this is MORE THAN that!
    How does she make it to AGT? and not the studio?? Is she in a wheelchair?? No pics tweeted of Robin at Howard's party in the Hampton's????
    H100 news reports NOTHING....

So we're left to speculate because Howard can't be honest! AND Robin wants to keep this
    private.

So my first post!
    I HAD SOOOOOO MUCH to say these past few weeks!!!
    Had to laugh when Howard started Tuesday's show with the usual....
    "Robin did you hear JD on the WRAP UP SHOW?????" oy vey....
    ....I'm with YOU dexterdog....I've pretty much "had it" with the show too!

Today was a real bummer....the only good thing was hearing Artie's voice.
    You can appreciate how GREAT Artie was on the show!!!

Thank You
    Peace & Love

4. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
  5. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    [h=2]Howard's Annoying Commercial Reads During The News = Jews Love Money More Than Customer Satisfaction . . .[/h]

6. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So glad you are back bb......nice to get back on track discussing the show around here :happywave:

7. Frank Snotra

Frank Snotra New Member

Reputations:
    Robin was actually the first person to sabatadge her news. She was the one who put her foot down on the guest comedians sitting in on her news (gilbert, belz, etc.) But at least it WAS still commercial free.
    And as bad as those opening volley round of commercials was when he first started, its now gotten worse.

8. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey! Thanks Ruffy!! MISSED YOU GUYS!
    I've been here...just not posting!
    Listening to the show every day.....loyal as ever :rolleye:....today I have to wonder WHY??? haha

I think it IS time to "get back on track" ;) ...sooooo much to talk about!
    BUT I don't want to "annoy" the BB haters so I'm laying low.

MISSED YOU!!
    LUVU
    xoxoxBB

9. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    :cheer:

10. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    welcome back sweetie
    peace and love
    xoxo

11. Wozardking

Wozardking New Member

Reputations:
    THIS is how you do a live read:

[video=youtube;uiWSCBvZDw0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiWSCBvZDw0[/video]

12. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, and this is for that sleazebag Noel Biederman's company. One that we all vindictive and pissy about. Yeah, the video states "Jim Norton riffs on Ashley Madison live read", but I'm sure the boys are getting paid for it if they're mentioning it at least. I dunno, it's me looking at the glass half full.

13. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love how Howard always goes "what's this" to Fred before going into the read. Shit, if I was spending my advertising dollars during THSS, I would like to think that Stern took a small fraction of time to actually read the copy in advance, maybe do a run through for a few seconds out of respect for my company and the dollars i"m spending? Apparently, a half assed, clueless, unconvincing read is what your ad dollars get this day and age.

14. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was annoyed also by this..the endless shilling Howard does now is ponderous. Weren't we promised no more bullshit and no advertising on his channel? What happened to all that? Now it's one commercial after another and right smack in the middle of the news no less...it's bad enough he interrupts Robin's news to take fake phone calls from his paid callers like Mark from Boston, Ralph and Marianne from Brooklyn but to pile on live ad reads is really fucked up.

15. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Hey BB. Glad you're back. But c'mon, girl....Your first post after all this time and you gotta shoehorn in the dead sister stuff?

Peace and chicken grease

16. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    If he mispronounced the name of that god damned tequila he's been hawking one more time, I was gonna smash my receiver.

17. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm sorry, I can't listen to the show anymore without eating the faint sound of imus cackling in sheer amusement and ridicule of what Howard has become. Whoda think Howard stern was such a talentless hack?

18. Dick Gozinya

Dick Gozinya Active Member

Reputations:
    Last ditch effort to shill from a sinking ship.

19. Madipuppy

Madipuppy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's Howard's fault. When he was renegotiating his last contract they had to have told him they were putting in more commercials and more live reads during the news. He obviously caved in and took the cash. Just proves how much he doesn't give a shit

20. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    the news used to be my favorite segment...howard has managed to sabotage everything good about the show. it infuriates me and it should infuriate robin as well.

welcome back ben!!!!!!