Howard's Anxiety

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Aug 25, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    i didn't do a full rundown today, it seemed like nothing but ads, ads, ads and more ads with a few lies thrown in. The one thing that seems curious is Howard claims to be having anxiety attacks and one of the triggers is Howie Mandel and his "periscoping" at AGT. There could be two explanations for this, it's either a bit to continue the promotion of Periscope and AGT or Howard is really afraid of being caught off guard saying something that he really thinks but is not in tune with his new PC persona. When you build a life of lies it can be very easy to get tripped up. Howard will have two and a half weeks of vacation now to deal with this anxiety, maybe painting some beer can thick cocks in his cat urine filled castle will calm him.

Marksfriggin hates this Claire guy for calling him out so I don't know what the Claire call was about.

http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#tue

MarksFriggin:

Howard took a call from Claire from New Jersey... and this is why I'll never write up his calls again.

Howard said he hates this guy Claire. Howard said everyone is an asshole. He said he knows very few assholes. Robin said he just said two different things. Howard said most people are assholes. Howard said his job is to point out what an asshole everyone is. Howard said he's having anxiety attacks lately. He said that he assume that's what he's having. Howard said this happened yesterday. He said he gets so upset with what he sees. He said his heart beats so fast that he can't breathe. He said that he gets knocked out by this. Howard said his psychiatrist has been away for a month and he has to talk to someone. He said he's trying to talk to Beth about it. Howard said he sees what's going on out there.

Howard said he likes Howie Mandel but he doesn't like him putting him on Periscope without asking. Howard said now he's flying in for the gig tonight at America's Got Talent. Howard said he's having anxiety again. Howard said he's not kidding when he says he's going to shove that phone up his ass if he uses it again. Howard said he has to get back to his psychiatrist. Howard said he didn't think he needed him but he does. Howard said he thought he'd be fine but this guy has a way of calming him down. Robin said that she could pretend to be him.

Howard played some audio from Howie Mandel's Periscope. Howie said that he will be doing even more of it if Howard doesn't like it. Howard said JD told him about the hearts thing on Periscope and how it means thank you and i love you. Howard said that he's begging people to give him hearts. Howard said that's pathetic. Howard said it's no wonder he's sick.

Howard said that phone will be up his ass if he uses that thing around him. He said it'll be the first Periscope colonoscopy. Howard said he's sorry to hear that Howie is sick though. He said he's so afraid of germs. Howard said he's the same way. He said he hates it.

reno, TallTyrion, HotTrash and 6 others like this.
  2. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    Listening to an old show from August 2005 this morning, I heard Howard say that they would have 2-minute commercial breaks on Sirius.

reno, Benjamen, JustLurking and 4 others like this.
  3. BethSucks

Reputations:
    "Only long enough for us to use the bathroom and set up the next segment, Robin and we'll probably just play a couple songs"

4. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    I believe Claire (Answer the question, Claire) brought up the fact Howard was an asshole for picking on the lowly local tv news host who said he should not have been speaking at the Aniston wedding cause he was divorced.

5. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    I heard this,Stern had a good point this time.Claire should have called up about the page 6 article,but he wouldn`t have had his call picked up.

6. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love it when the 90lb wigged pussy tries to talk tough.

"I'll knock a mother fucker out Robin. Wahhh my psychiatrist, my panic attacks, that homeless man that spit in Beth's mouth and I dove into the limo to get away" SMH.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howie's Periscope ambushes are an easy source of anxiety to rant about. I think he's truly bothered by:
    • He's leaving AGT, and nobody cares. AGT's world hasn't ended, and nobody in the media or on social media is discussing it. He even wondered today if Nick was ever going to address it on the show. (This means Howard has been told not to say something about it himself during a live show, because we know he'd be mentioning it in every evaluation from here out if he could.)
    • Howie wasn't kicked off the show. Howie gets to stay, but Howard had to go.
    • The Page Six article is making him crazy, but he can't show it.
    • More and more people in the media feel comfortable criticizing him (if they talk about him at all).
    • His therapist is on vacation, and he has nobody in his personal life he can turn to for help.

8. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    Funniest part was when Howard wanted to insult him....he said You have a girl's name. You................................ cock. He probably went through a bunch of non PC names like fag and cocksucker, etc, before he settled on cock. Douche.

9. BethSucks

Reputations:
    He's leaving AGT and no one cares - great point!

10. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Periscope allows everyone to become "competition" to Howie including Wackpackers and Howie Mandel. Remember, Howie takes great pride in being a "professional" broadcaster who climbed the ladder from crappy suburban stations to stardom. Didn't he say the spent weeks studying for a broadcast license back in the 70s? Didn't he spend a lifetime agonizing over and practicing every portion of his craft?

The fact that any schlub can have a show drives him nuts.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  11. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Nobody believes I'm really leaving, Robin! I'm being honest, I turned in my notice and they've made other plans, quite frankly."

That's his coping line right now: Nobody actually believes he's leaving, which is why nobody is abuzz.

But of course we know that nobody is abuzz because nobody cares.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  12. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard also said something about trying to talk to Beth about his anxiety BUT............... and never finished the sentence. I'm guessing she told him she didn't want to hear about it and to stop making everything about HIM (if she even acknowledged him - she probably wasn't even there).

Tracy, Sanctuary, sparty89 and 7 others like this.
  13. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    I posted about this in the listening thread...

When his anxiety goes up his lisp, whiny nebbishy voice and stutter come crashing through the facade. When he and Grimace went at it on who was crazier it was a hint of what the show used to be like.

He couldn't talk to Beefarino because she is drunk, sniffing kitten ass and posting selfies.

14. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    I listened to the show today. It was odd. The camaraderie seemed awfully forced as if they were trying to will their chemistry together. I haven't listened to a full show in while but he's clearly aloof and in limbo and he has no clue how to handle it and its driving him crazy.

15. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard said something recently about wondering if they were going to mention his departure on the final AGT show this year. He's probably in the process of planning a tribute to himself since that's the only recognition he ever gets (or deserves).

Tracy, Sanctuary, Jayla and 3 others like this.
  16. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Is it an amazing coincidence that Stern is having anxiety attacks after we had two or three threads about anxiety/panic attacks here recently?

AuntDolly and Divorce Chicken like this.
  17. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "He said his heart beats so fast that he can't breathe."

I didn't listen, but did anyone on the show mention his new-found love of coffee after he said this?

18. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    I almost, almost felt sorry for Howie today when he was talking about having to beat off with a shirt on so he wouldn't see himself in a mirror and never considering walking around alone in his apartment nude because he finds himself so revolting. He also talked about making dinner by himself...

Besides the self-loathing, does this sound like the life of a happily married man???

19. Rhinosaucerous

Rhinosaucerous Self-hating Millennial

Reputations:
    It's driving him crazy because his ego won't let him retire into obscurity. This is not a man in control, rather denial.

20. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Fake bullshit to get his millions of fans to watch AGT and radio filler

codeine likes this.