Howard's excuse for Facebook's IPO fail

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Guy Caballero, May 23, 2012.

1. Guy Caballero

Guy Caballero Member

Reputations:
    Look, it's not their fault Facebook went public just when the Avengers came out.

[​IMG]

2. jake206

jake206 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    uhm..what?

3. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...is aol stock worth anything compared to its ipo? this is a serious question lest you think this is some sort of prank question.

4. Undead

Undead Member

Reputations:
    Facebook sucks. End of Story.

5. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    did that kid get his hair out of howard's garbage can?

6. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    People who buy Facebook shares are retards. Its valued at PE 100. That is 6 times more then Google, almost 9 times more then Apple.
    Apple, for example, make the same amount as Facebook does, per week.

Facebook is a chat site. It will never be able to generate 10+ billion profit per year that a 100+ billion value demands.

We see a DotCom2 bubble. Amazon with PE 180. They will never be able to make that kind of money that is needed. If they rise prices people will leave.

Howard's excuse for Facebook:
    "they are jealous, its anti semitism that drives Facebook down.

BTW.
    Isn't if fun that people use Google/Facebook. Google stores every website you visits, for ever. If you use their DNS, Mail or anything else they know all you friends, telephone numbers and so on. If you use Android, they know where you have been.
    Facebook have pictures of you, you name, work, friends and so on. 2 jewish companies that have 100% knowledge about everything you do. Fun times...

7. Mutt Sucks

Mutt Sucks New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Facebook has an insane Market Cap over $100 Billion. They also are being sued and the underwriters were not honest with the pricing of the. IPO. People are such assholes to have all their data public. Facebook reminds of the Tech. Bubble in 2000. You had companies not making money selling for insane prices.At least McDonald, Coke, Apple and Disney for examples actually have products. Tulip Theory when it comes to Facebook.

8. k4D3t

k4D3t Reverse Apache Master VIP

Reputations:
    i forgot about the aol debacle

9. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    does it matter who has that info? or just that they have it?

10. k4D3t

k4D3t Reverse Apache Master VIP

Reputations:
    Amazon is one of those few companies losing money hand over fist in the 90s that pulled it all together -- I buy a ton of stuff from them but almost none of it is books

11. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

12. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You left out Transunion, Experian, Equifax that know EVERYTHING and more about you.

13. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Very different. Those are gathering your private information behind your back, from the companies you're trying to do business with, or NEED to do business with (credit card companies, banks, employers).

Idiots GIVE all their personal information every day over to Facebook -- directly. This is something they can simply choose not to do. Insanely stupid.

14. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    The people who bought facebook at $38 per share or more are in the same league of retards who offered Mutt $1 million for SFN and those who thought AGT was going to garner 16 million viewers or more with Howard as a judge, and those who thought Howard deserved a $300 million bonus from Sirius...All idiots and douchebags...

15. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...my android soesnt track where i go because i turn the gps off unless i need it. we live in a data harvesting society. they know what you eat too by tracking your grocery discount cards to your atm or credit card numbers, these things paint a very clear roadmap. unless you use cash for everything theyve got your number. now when rfid chips make it into all our products that means you could buy something at costco then get in your car for a long trip and the things you carry with you that are bar coded and rfid enabled will be nothing more than real time tracking devices.

i dont use facebook its way too gay and its future value very unsure. morgan stanley is currently being investigated because they told only their premium clients facebook was a suckers bet then they say back and watched them invest in this bow wow. im always surprised whenever people defend facebook. they want to be gay so bad.

16. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    so you shorted it then?
    no one knew what the stock would do. if you knew, and you didnt short it, wouldnt that make you a retard?

17. Morning Wood

Morning Wood New Member

Reputations:
    Lol I know a few people who bought FB. They all have the same personality type, are compulsive with things and are stupid.

18. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    I'm buying some myspace stock from pennystocks.com ..it was advertised on Howard Stern..must be a great site!

19. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    There was a 5 day moratorium on shorting it. By the time you could short it it had stabilized.

20. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Shorting stocks is a suckers game...while Facebook is definitely overvalued at $38 a share or more, one thing I learned is that a stock can stay overvalued or extremely mis-priced for a long period of time.... a lot longer than you or I can maintain skin/money in the game...While I didn't know Facebook would fall below $38 so soon after its IPO, I was not going to risk any of my money to make that bet...

I'd be better off in Vegas...