Howard's Interviews and Guests vs Geektime

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by joyceface, Feb 15, 2013.

1. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    Listening to Geektime rewind. They do great interviews with great people. I love listening to them interview The Walking Dead cast. The interviews are fun and exciting- when they go into commercials I want to hear what the guest will talk about when they get back. They have people I really want to hear from and there is not ONE cock or sex or money question. It's really about what the person does and is all about. Howard's beer can cock and money interviews ...lately = snoozefest...

2. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Spoiler ALERT

3. joyceface

Reputations:
    How is it possible that stars from the biggest TV shows show up for intimate fun interviews on Geektime and Howard can't even bother to acknowledge these shows exist??? Breaking Bad - he got Brian Cranston during the 8th season for crying outloud?? Other than to say once or twice before that it was a decent show he never mentioned it existed. Same thing for The Walking Dead. Or the really other good shows on. AGT anyone?

4. Teeney

Teeney My friends call me Lissette Gold

Reputations:
    I have never heard it but it would seem that they focus on particular guests that fit the focus of the "geek" theme. Howard's show philosophy seems to be just get whomever is willing to come on. Not really do a interview with them, more of a psychological diagnosis show. and move on to the next lame bit. Half the time it doesn't even appear that either Howard or Robin are listening to what the guests are saying. The Stern show is just going through the motions which is sad for someone who was paid so substantially for really doing little work (both in effort and actually showtime). That is the most insulting part. I don't care how much they pay you as long as you put in the time and effort to earn it.

I would think the geek time show actually has interest in talking about the subjects they present and the people they book to interview.

5. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    Does Ralph or Hein interview? Never heard the show.

6. knu3421

Reputations:
    Ralph asks most of the questions and he is hard to listen to! John,Jason and steve brandano chime in a little during guest interviews.

7. joyceface

Reputations:
    They all ask questions. It's more conversational. It's like right now they have Robert Kirkman on, the creator of The Walking Dead. He is on the phone and they are all just talking to each other. Jon, Ralph, Jason are just having a great time talking to him. And Kirkman's like one of the guys talking to them. He just hung up saying he was going to go order some "Freshballs". It was a fun and funny interview. And before Kirkman came on and as John Favrou was ending his interview, Favrou and Kirkman were talking to each other about Freshballs.

8. joyceface

Reputations:
    But it's is interesting to me that these guys all are Howard disciples and they DON'T use his interview techniques at all!

9. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's because they're not obsessed with how much money their guests make or, other than Ralph, how big their cocks are.

10. joyceface

Reputations:
    Jon is good at taking Ralph down from gushing too much over the guests. A little bit is ok but sometimes he goes on too much and Jon tempers it nicely.

11. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Geek Time isn't going to ask how big their cock is or how much money they have in the bank or pull out a list of their past lays.

12. joyceface

Reputations:
    I heard an interview with the guy in your AV on Fresh Air with Terry Gross and it was 100x better than a Howard interview and Howard in a million years would not even have a guy from Boardwalk Empire on! Why would he, it's only the one of the best shows on HBO now!

13. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why in the fuck is there a Geektime Rewind ?

14. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Really? Cool, thanks, I'm have to go check out that interview. Also, you'd think at the very least Howard could get Steve Buscemi in, doesn't he live in NY? Also love your avatar, easily one of my Top 5 movies of all time.

15. Ice Hole

Ice Hole Active Member

Reputations:
    HEIN ALERT! HEIN ALERT!

[​IMG]

16. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard's interviews is about an agenda.
    1) Promote Bushwald customers
    2) Satisfy Howards dreams about cock, anal, drugs and all the money in the world.

Howard loves knowing that he makes more money then the guest.
    But if someone makes more then Howard, like Oprah: Howard hates them.

Or if people turns down money, like Jay Leno = Howard hates them. His jew genes don't understand that money is not everything.

I mean:
    "she is a good earner". Howard always thinks chicks that make money are hot. A real man don't care. We care about pussy, breast and a nice face. Not how fucking much money she has in her bank account. A real man would never take money from a girl. We make our own money. (Arian man)

BTW: Bring back slavery. Only way to get blacks to work...

17. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    Why is it so fucking fun to listen to Hollywood guests? Sooooo fucking boring..... maybe im just illitreate

18. knu3421

Reputations:
    Riff ruff raff roff :cheer:

19. joyceface

Reputations:
    Well I don't know if you mean, as in Howard's awesome interview of Jenny McCarthy or as in Robert Kirkland the creator of the Walking Dead books and TV series? I just like listening to people who do things well. It doesn't have to be Hollywood. Geektime has lots of better guests on it than THSS has had recently.

20. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    Successful producers n shit of that nature is kewl but boring I want bush..pan down