Howard's Legacy

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Bianca Stern, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Bianca Stern

Bianca Stern Member

Reputations:
    Simple question:

With this presumably being Howard's last radio contract, how does the quality/frequency of the show the last few years effect how you will view Howard 10 years from now?

2. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Gold

Reputations:
    jew broad, hoards marbles

3. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    His reputation is definitely tarnished but depending on how bad the next years are, it could be absolutely destroyed. Amazing to think how far he's fallen in the past 3 years.

4. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    His legacy is already destroyed. If he had quit in 2005 (like he should have), he probably would have been regarded as a revolutionary broadcaster who created a show of comic genius.

Instead, he chased the almighty dollar and saw himself land in the obscurity of a new medium where he then changed the format of his show to something that only pathetic losers enjoy listening to. The Sirius years have seen him alienate more fans than win new ones.

Attempting to re-invent himself for network television will most assuredly fail, as the more mainstream exposure he receives, the more attention his previous use of the words "Reggie" and "faggot" will receive. He'll probably be forced to do another serious interview where he discusses his "evolution" at length. Still, I don't see an old Jew who resembles an aging lesbian with bad fashion sense ever being embraced by hausfraus in the fly-over states.

He'll likely be remembered with the same fondness that middle-America remembers the 1990 comedy stylings of Andrew Dice Clay in Ford Fairlane.

5. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'll remember Howard Stern for his work in the 1990's as well as his first 2 years of Sirius.

As a diehard Star Wars fan, I pretend the prequals never happened, and therefore will block the product Howard is putting out these days. I haven't listened to the actual sirius show for about a year now, and I finally cancelled HTV last week.

They asked why I was canceling, and I said there is not enough new content to justify the price, and alot of the daily episodes they put on now are agt imformericals.

Not to mention what they consider "fan favorites from the vault" are hardly fan favorites