Howards Notes

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Jenkins43, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Jenkins43

Jenkins43 New Member

Reputations:
    Obviously he talks about the notes that come to him throughout the show.. Jokes, corrections, etc..

I wonder how many notes he gets, and how many he uses? It'd be fun if someone hacked it so we could see the notes as they come in :)

2. Dick Gozinya

Dick Gozinya Active Member

Reputations:
    That has always intrigued me. Listening to the old shows, you always knew when a joke was Jackie's.

3. Jenkins43

Jenkins43 New Member

Reputations:
    Same here, and as much as I hate Benjy... i got a feeling he writes a lot of it :( and maybe thats why Howard wont fire him

4. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard has never been funny. Before Jackie there was Al, before Al was the think tank, before the think tank he was borrowing from the other DJ's as he started his climb up the radio ladder.

5. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    While I rarely listen any more over the years I think I was able to figure out when Howard would use a Benjy Joke.

While Jackie's jokes were often snappy insults and jabs, Benjy's lines usually take the form of abstract observations.

Just picture some of the seemingly out of left field non-sequiters that Howard spouts and then try to hear it in Benjy's voice. That bBenjy wrote it becomes very obvious and often it would be a far better line delivered by Benjy.

Jackie did ballbusting insults, Benjy doesn't and that's why Howard feels he is a better fit for today's show. It's also why when Howard goes into an argument or confrontation he is rarely funny any more and usually devolves into calling someone a cunt, a fucking fuck, or a vomit. The fact that Jackie was writing these quick comebacks and insults became more evident as the years went on.

While many would disagree with me, I think Benjy's funny. He is responsible for the highlights of 2011 and many of the hall of fame Stern show man-on the street moments.

His comedy writing just doesn't work with Howard's delivery. Personally I like the Benjy vortex, I love when he drives Howard nuts, and I also love his arguments with Howard and RObin (since he usually always gets the best of them before his mic is cut off). I actually think that he should be given a shot at the Artie/jackie chair over Shuli. As far as in house talent, the jackie/artie chair should go to sal but that will never happen so we are stuck with the way things are

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012