Howard's relationship with his daughters

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by EmptyArtieChair, Aug 16, 2013.

1. EmptyArtieChair

EmptyArtieChair Member

Reputations:
    Awhile back, someone on Dawgs posted a link to an article Emily Stern did with the Jewish Journal to promote a play she was in. The article was from Sept. 2008 and described Emily this way:

She says her interests lie in her spiritual and artistic endeavors: attending the Romemu (Jewish Renewal) synagogue and its Red Tent women's group in Manhattan; integrating Jewish practice into the Transcendental Meditation her entire family has practiced since she was young; studying the use of Balinese masks to create theater; performing and recording her original songs; and, currently, playing the lead in an offbeat science fiction rock musical, "Earth Sucks," a meditation on global harmony.

Does this sound like someone who would listen to or have respect for Howard's radio show? This is someone the exact opposite of Howard, and other than TM, these are things he would eagerly rag on someone else for. I would think someone like Emily would be completely offended by most of the things Howard does. I also don't think she would care about things like AGT or his celebrity friends.

More:

Stern experienced her father as a loving, protective parent; she says she was not explicitly forbidden from tuning in to his program (famous for its naked women and other outrageous scenarios).

"But there was the sense of 'You wouldn't want to listen; it's not your father.'" The suggestion was that Stern's public persona was an act, and that the real Howard Stern was an intensely private family man devoted to his then-wife, Allison, and three daughters.

When Emily secretly watched the radio show's late-night TV broadcast, she was confused by her father's high-energy, improvisational performance.

"I remember being like, 'That isn't my dad. Who is this?' Then once I reached the age when it was maybe acceptable to listen ... it really just wasn't what I was interested in, in seeing my dad that way, and also the content."

She further felt lost then, she said, because her parents had recently divorced: "All the time there was my dad on the radio with women, doing whatever, I had such a strong knowingness and belief in my parents' marriage," she said. "The loss of that bond between mother and father -- I can't tell you how shattering that was."

Asked if she foresaw the divorce, the actress responded, "Living this character on the radio, there's only so much you can say, 'It's not me' before you embody it -- I think that's a bit of what happened." She said she has come to understand that her father has been in the process of "integrating all selves," which is important for every person to do.

So she was aware of who he was on-air and that she wouldn't want to see this awful character her father played, and when her parents divorced she realized her father had turned into (or always was) that horrible character he "played" on his radio show. I think that says a lot about her relationship with her father today. And I think Howard realizes it.

Full article: http://www.jewishjournal.com/hollyw...rd_sterns_daughter_on_stage_and_off_20080928/

2. fuzzynuts

fuzzynuts 99% Relevant

Reputations:
  3. benbradlee

benbradlee New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    the original poster is skylarbrie, he is extremely handsome, articulate, and is loved for his bombastic post

4. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    sounds like she respects and loves her father, and appreciates the fact that he is flowed and trying to become an integrated person

5. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    A lot of money.

A lot of secrets.

A lot of talking.

6. jgard

jgard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How much must she despise Beth's very existence?

7. EmptyArtieChair

EmptyArtieChair Member

Reputations:
    "All the time there was my dad on the radio with women, doing whatever, I had such a strong knowingness and belief in my parents' marriage...Living this character on the radio, there's only so much you can say, 'It's not me' before you embody it -- I think that's a bit of what happened."

I think she's referencing her father getting a young "model" trophy wife that he spends his days photographing and trying to live a showy Hollywood lifestyle.

8. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    skylarbie mention ben bradlee and winst all in the same thread along with empty artie chair.

YES!

9. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Jesus, that broad sounds like ZERO fun. Meditation this, integrating all selves, Balinese masks - that's the kind of shit a insanely hot chick can talk about and guys will act interested. Emily needs to stick to silence and blowjobs.

10. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yet I'm sure she has no trouble spending his money.

11. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I ain't reading dat.

Ashley pics please.

12. Gumshoe

Gumshoe New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Mantra and yantra create tantra.

Sounds like she'd get along with Paula Gloria.

13. EmptyArtieChair

EmptyArtieChair Member

Reputations:
    I wouldn't have any trouble doing the same if I was his daughter. would you?

14. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Children who were abandoned by the father so he can chase a much younger replacement for their mother will always harbor resentment for both the father and the bimbo. No surprise that the two oldest have minimal contact with their father and live half way around the world.

15. deadbeat

deadbeat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  16. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    Everyone here loves to speculate which of the Stern Show staff will pen a "tell-all" book on Howard after he dies. I'm betting the first to do so will be one of his kids...and it will be a Daddy Dearest type bio for sure. None of them will write it until the will is read and they discover that Beth and the cats got most of the marbles. Then watch the poison quills come out!

17. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah, I don't think she's giving too many bjs.

18. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If she wore the Balinese mask she might be 1/2 way fuckable :bigthink:

19. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Is it wrong that I only clicked on this thread to see if Bye's tits have popped out of her top yet?

20. jgard

jgard Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Nice, how are you not head writer on THSS yet? Wayyy better than Femji./..see mine sucked, your's was good