Howards take on "morning after" pills being distributed to school kids is whack

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JoeyG, Sep 27, 2012.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Active Member

Reputations:
    He went off yesterday about how backwards todays society is for even questioning the proposed practice in New York schools to give 13-14 yr old girls the morning after pill without having to alert the parents. Again, he called the Pro Lifers "out of touch with reality", "retarded", and "crazy". He said if he were in charge, he'd give them out "like Tic-Tacs". At most school districts, you need written permission from parents to even give a kid an aspirin. My son has allergies, and the paperwork needed to submit to have an epi-pen on hand, and administer it was crazy. Yet Howard wants to make it legal to administer the morning after pill - containing extra doses of hormones and other chemical substances, to 13-14 yr old girls, not only without written permission, but to not even tell the girls parents!! God, is he fucked up.

2. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    Anything that keeps teenage girls from shitting out babies is OK with me.

3. shockingmary

shockingmary New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    this

4. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm Pro-Choice but Howard is an idiot sometimes.

5. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    chicken and beef with added hormones = good

keeping a little whore from ruining the rest of her life = bad

i think we should sew every 14 year olds knees together, will that be suitable?

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Active Member

Reputations:
    How about teaching kids to be responsible for their own actions so that when they grow up they will be adults who are responsible for their own actions? Maybe if they know there is not an easy way out of pregnancy (abortion, morning after, etc) they'll think twice about having sex. This country has produced a generation of people that rely the easy way out, and rely on handouts - basically an entire generation of excuse makers and people who don't take responsibility for their own actions.

7. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    As a former teenage boy myself, and empathizing with the current teenage boys, I can't say that I want to see teens having less sex -- that's just mean. They're going to do it anyway, whether you preach abstinence or not, it's what animals do when they're horny. The key is to make sure they know about contraception, and failing that, know that they have other options (morning after pill, abortion) aside from ruining their lives with a baby at 16. The last resort in my eyes in the girl actually having the baby, but I'm of the mind that there's too many people in this world already.

8. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Give them out like Tic tacs in the Black and Hispanic schools and keep them out of the White schools.
    Solve the problem of the leeches on society before they can be born!!!!

9. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Agree. Mostly. Howard is an idiot a lot of times.

10. HatemanLives

HatemanLives New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Teenaged girls should be allowed to take ecstasy until they overdose.

11. PappYawn

PappYawn Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    OP, :secret:13 and 14 yr olds can get abortions without parents permission .

12. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    [h=2]Side Effects[/h] If I do not have any side effects, does that mean the emergency contraceptive pills are not working?

No, don’t worry if you don’t have any side effects. Many women who take emergency contraceptive pills (also known as "morning after pills" or “day after pills) don’t notice any side effects. Emergency contraception significantly reduces your risk of getting pregnant after having sex without using contraception, your birth control failed, or you were forced to have sex– regardless of whether you have any side effects. The most common side effects include nausea, vomiting, fatigue, dizziness, headaches, breast tenderness, lower abdominal pain, and spotting, all of which should not last more than a day or two. You might also find that your next period comes a little early or a little late.

----------------------------------

small price to pay both physically and literally. the cost of a single dose versus the cost of medical care for pregnancy, delivery, pediatrician, potential welfare and foodstamps for 18 years, that kid creating a new kid....who wants that?

13. MatthewT

MatthewT Awaiting The Rapture VIP

Reputations:
    for reasons i am not aware of, modern society does not think that everything we learned in the past few thousand years still applies to human beings.

14. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    in the past few thousand years 13 year olds regularly got married and had babies.

that's no longer desirable.

a lot of kids will have sex regardless of what they're taught.

kids who impregnate/get pregnant have shown they're irresponsible

you think irresponsible kids are going to be responsible parents?

15. shockingmary

shockingmary New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    the morning after pill has nothing to do with abortion other than preventing them.
    The morning after pill or "plan B pill" prevents the fertalization of eggs. Just like birth control pills:facepalm:

16. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Seems everybody is for protecting people's "rights" and limiting government intrusion into their lives except when government does something they happen to agree with.

17. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...small price to pay in exchange for not fucking up your whole life and bringing a kid into the world whos mother is a baby herself.

18. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Why bother? Why would you expect people to do the hard work of actual parenting? Its far easier to live off the Govt and blame society...

19. openmike11

openmike11 New Member

Reputations:
    So whats better for the taxpayer and society? A $2.00 pill or 18 years of welfare to the baby and mother?

20. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I have mixed feelings. I do have a problem with the state or schools assuming the roles of parents and defying parents' wishes in some cases. But this is a voluntary program; no teenagers are being forced or asked to take the pill.

The parents of Jewish or Muslim students wouldn't have the right to demand that the cafeteria stop serving pork. They could only demand that their child will not be forced to consume it.

But more important than that, these kids are still human beings. Yeah, the can't vote, drink, drive or get jobs, but they are still people. They still have the right to make some choices even in defiance of their parents. I suppose the real issue isn't that kids can get these pills in school, but that parents cannot be notified even after the fact. And in that case, I do see a problem.

Refusing to notify the parents on grounds that it may negatively effect the child is bogus. Schools notify parents when kids get in fights, get caught smoking cigarettes or possessing drugs. Schools notify parents of their kids' grades (good and bad) and you better believe that many a kid has received a whooping because of those things. You'll never see a school board saying that parents shouldn't be notified when their kids cut class because the parent might react with abuse. Like it or not, having unprotected sex as a teenager is risky, potentially dangerous behavior. Why should schools pick and choose what risky behavior parents should be notified of?

So if a school wants to provide the pill, fine. Then they should send a form letter after the fact. Seems like a reasonable compromise.