Howard's Third (Final) Act

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Buster Himan, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Buster Himan

Buster Himan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know many of you could care less about Stern. But for the others.....

Howard has all but made it known that he is leaving Sirius in 2015. No surprise there. The writing is on the wall:

1. It's become the "Howard Stern Interview Show"
    2. There's little to no effort in bits, games, pretty much anything outside of pre-interviewing guests
    3. Richard's and Sal's contributions are non-existant
    4. Robin is rarely there
    5. A million others

He claims that he's tired, old, and wants time away, but let's be honest. He's a megalomaniac, so that shit ain't gonna happen.

In as much detail as you can....what is his final act? Haters with sarcastic posts aside. Here's my guess:

60 minute interview show on NBC.
    First 10 minute - monologue/diatribe
    Remaining time - interview with guests similar in caliber to the type of guests he currently gets

No consistent Robin due to health issues. She will make appearances when she feels up to it. Fred and Benjy will write. Gary, Will, and Jason will produce. No wackpack shit, bits, or comedy of any kind. Sal and Richard will be let go.

Very close to a Larry King setup and something where Howard has to put in minimal effort. Kinda like now. Just show up the day of, get pre-interview notes, and air. No studio audience.

HORSETOOTHED, smichal and Thelma like this.
  2. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard will re-sign again for one day a week at SXM with a new Stern branded morning show consisting of the staff (minus Robin).
    NBC has a line-up that goes until 2am already
    He is too old to make an impact now on TV, SXM will pay him a shitload to keep the brand
    Howard keeps his outlet to talk & SXM keeps its biggest name for a lot less money & the main staff still has jobs.

3. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think not being successful on television has aways bothered Howard. Jealousy is the root cause of his rants against Jay Leno. Howard would love to be successful with some sort of show where a long interview is the main draw.

But I just don't see it happening. As much as he tries and as much ass as he kisses and as many friends as he tries to make (Katie kouric, Matt lauer, etc), Howard just isn't meant to be on television. He is awkward and terrible.

Howard doesn't take big risks. With the threat of bombing on television yet again, I think Howard will just stay in his little safe haven at Sirius. He will work even fewer days and the show will become even more PC. Sirius is throwing around way too much money for Howard to go anywhere else. He'll probably just try to establish some sort of a video presence again, perhaps by selling his interviews to be aired on a cable network.

I think Sirius is the end game and he will be on there for a long time. He will sign a new contract and probably at least one more in a few years.

4. Mike2077

Mike2077 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard? He'll be around.

icypussy and smichal like this.
  5. Buster Himan

Buster Himan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm thinking that this formula leads to a major network (because of his ego) interview show: (America likes the new PC Howard (or so he thinks) + he's constantly complimented on his interview abilities (drives his ego) + wanting to do as little as possible = Larry King type show. I'm sure on certain days Larry didn't know who the fuck was sitting across from him and he pulled it off, so it's got to be a very no-effort proposition.

Omen's idea is interesting about 1 day a week with a Stern branded morning show. But that Friday show was fucking horrible with Gary and others at the helm, so I don't know.

6. thunderfist2112

thunderfist2112 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    His radio show will quietly slip into obscurity, and all his efforts will be put into being accepted by middle america from his AGT stepping stone. Kitty hugging politically correct hypocrite.

7. thunderfist2112

Reputations:
    Good luck with that. His interviewing skills are pretty lame.

8. Dominic GPS

Dominic GPS TIT: Texan-In-Training VIP

Reputations:
    Are you kidding me?

Howard will be back on Sirius because it is such a kush gig it's ridiculous.

Remember "Fridays"...let's talk "Wednesdays"

Feel the piss my friends

9. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    He is visually repulsive. I can't imagine any network giving him an interview show. AGT hired MORE judges because he's such a bomb. The old coot is not funny or interesting in the least..

10. Chibbs

Chibbs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It already has!

11. thunderfist2112

Reputations:

[​IMG]

teehee likes this.
  12. Miss America

Miss America Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hardly listen to the show, but I am surprised that he still gets quite a few high profile interviews per month.

13. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He will sign a contract to be paid 100,000,000.00 per year by NBC. The problem will be that they won't sign it.
    He's stuck with Sirius. As long as they are willing to put up with his bullshit.

lestanyonethink likes this.
  14. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This is the same rehashed contract negotiation bullshit that Howard has done for decades. Here's how it will go down:

1. Howard will whine and feign interest

2. Howard will re-sign for less money and less airtime

3. Howard will switch format from a live show to just playing reruns all week with maybe a live spot here or there

4. Sirius will avoid losing 4 subscribers by doing this

5. Howard will continue to claim relevance and rationalize off that his pay cut was actually a raise and that people are still interested in Howard.

15. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The Howard logo should be the recycling triangle

16. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This sounds pretty accurate. What we know now more than ever is Howard is incapable of leaving even a single marble on the table. So rather than close the door completely, he'll still be able to claim he's "on the radio". So he'll hide his decrepit oldlady bones from sunlight in his tax evading Florida mausoleum, maybe do the ISDN once a week, and every show on Ch100 will be some "Howard Stern Presents:" abomination. I doubt it'll last long, Sirius will sue him, and the remaining 17 trucker listener base will finally switch back to listening to CB chatter.

[​IMG]

17. thunderfist2112

Reputations:
    Phase one complete.....phase two?

18. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    I agree with Omen
    One to two live shows a week on Sirus.
    SIRUS keeps the brand and Howard has less personal commitment.
    The show will be heavy in prerecorded interviews, radio-service bits and replayed segments or recorded 15 min segments produced segments like Leiber Live or Beattle in Space ( where celebs are taped after their appearances in a radio version on Funny Or Die)
    He needs Tv to be relevant, but yes its too late. A Larry King show is too much work.
    He will do a Bryant Gumble Real Sports show but with musicians.
    Prerecorded, produced interviews with film bios.
    He said he gets offers form kid tv shows
    I cant imagine what those would be
    But he will stay on Sirus, there is mutual need there. Will he get more money and/or ownership for less work? Thats the question.
    He has other options still, terresterial, Netflix, Amazon....
    He still has leverage becsuse he is still s brand

Omen and SillyOldMan like this.
  19. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They'll go from 110 shows a year down to 70 or 80, for $10 million less than his current highway robbery (3-year contract).

Same faggotry, just less hours of it each week....

Sickboy and ScottBaiosPenis like this.
  20. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    I thought 'Not fun, not funny" was in the top 5 :dontknow:

smichal likes this.