Shop Now At Amazon

Howars is right we have not evolved Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival In Iowa Sizzles

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Teeney, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Teeney

Teeney Why meee??? Gold VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    DES MOINES, Iowa -- The smell of bacon was in the air Saturday as thousands converged on Iowa's capital city for an increasingly popular festival celebrating all things connected with the meat.
    Some people wore Viking hats and others walked around with makeshift snouts for the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. The annual event featured more than 10,000 pounds of bacon served in unusual ways, such as chocolate-dipped bacon and bacon-flavored cupcakes and gelato.
    "I love bacon more than I love my job," said Katie Nordquist, who was dressed in a tuxedo T-shirt that looked like bacon Saturday for her first time at the festival.
    And there was a lot of bacon to choose from. The smell of unique concoctions like bacon gumbo and chocolate bacon bourbon tarts wafted through one of two buildings at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. The other building had an Iceland theme, with a Viking boat and Icelandic dishes with bacon, to honor a group of delegates visiting from the country.
    Urbandale resident Mike Vogel showed up for a fourth year wearing a head-to-toe bacon costume. He said a widespread love for bacon is the reason about 8,000 tickets to the event sold out in just over three minutes.
    "I think it's the right time of year when everybody's been cooped up," said the 39-year-old videographer. "It's a good time to get out, have some fun, try some new stuff, have a few beers and enjoy yourselves with everybody else."
    Other events scheduled included lectures about bacon and an eating competition. The festival was preceded earlier in the week with a bacon queen pageant and a pig pardon by Gov. Terry Branstad.
    Jessica Dunker, president and CEO of the Iowa Restaurant Association, said bacon used to be just a breakfast food. Now chefs from across the state and country use it in everything from vegetable dishes to desserts.
    "It's come a long way and you can find it in almost any kind of food or beverage offering," she said.

Festival co-founder Brooks Reynolds, who officially started the event just a few years ago, said it's become the largest bacon showcase in the world. He called the event a "bacon fellowship."
    "They can just bond with their fellow man and just celebrate the meat that everybody enjoys," he said.
    Loading Slideshow

• Kim's Bacon Queen 2013 Rap

You want to know how Kim did at the Blue Ribbon Bacon Queen Pageant last night? After this performance, there was no question who would become the next Bacon Queen 2013. Congrats, Kim!
    • Thousands attend Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival

Thousands attend Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival
    • Iowa Bacon Queen Crowned, Wears Bacon Dress

The Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival in Des Moines has gone from a small gathering in a bar to a major event.
    • Bonnie, a Berkshire breed pig about 2 1/2 months old, waits for Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad to pardon her outside the governor's mansion Friday, Feb. 8, 2013 in Des Moines, Iowa. The pardon is a first for the governor and a celebration of the annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival that begins this weekend at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. (AP Photo/Barbara Rodriguez)
    • Pig Pardon
    • Chrissy Dean

Meat lovers converge for Iowa bacon festival: The annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival event featured more than 10,... http://t.co/O8dkTUtx
    • Des Moines, Iowa: a piglet pardoned by Governor Branstad, the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival 2013

Iowa: Bonnie, the pig, is pardoned by Gov Terry Branstad at the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival 2013. Lucky Bonnie will be a farm pet. Well, at least for a year...
    • Why Go To Iowa Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival 2013

DES MOINES, Iowa (Des Moines Register) - Six thousand pounds of delicious, greasy bacon is being prepared by bacon festival chefs for the upcoming Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival in Des Moines, Iowa. The 8000 available tickets for the event sold out in less than four minutes. So how do you prepare three tons of bacon to feed a pork-crazed mob?

[​IMG]

2. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "I don't know anybody who's got anything going on that's still eats red meat." Howard "sauce on side" Stern 2012

3. knu3421

knu3421 Meep Meep! Gold VIP

Reputations:
    who still eats steak?

4. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold Poster Of The Year

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

6. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I had a beautiful prime rib this past sunday

7. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub Hater

Reputations:
    Well let me tell you something now, Wiggy- last Thursday, I turned 95 years old. And I never exercised a day in my life.
    Every morning, I wake up, and I smoke a cigarette. And then I eat five strips of bacon.
    And for lunch, I eat a bacon sandwich.
    And for a midday snack?

Bacon! A whole damn plate! And I usually drink my dinner.

8. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    That festival sounds fuckin' awesome. :pigout:

9. Anfkid

Anfkid I Fucked Lever For The Bacon Gold

Reputations:
    ME! a big fat porterhouse last night. fuck howard. stick a quail egg up your ass you egotistical gayer than any gay man i know douche. everyone laughed at him when he took people out for dinner. scrambled eggs and caviar the size of a finger nail. the entire crew had to run to wendy's after you fuck. most of the people who work for you are men even tho they act like women. feed em a steak you dick.

10. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    :secret: (I think Knu was mocking Howard.)

11. Anfkid

Anfkid I Fucked Lever For The Bacon Gold

Reputations:
    i know. i wasnt yelling at knu i was yelling at howard even tho i know he will never see this.

12. DaBUU

DaBUU Active Member

Reputations:
    I had a 12 oz filet on Saturday and my fucking god it was mouth watering good. Fuck Howard, gimme more ripped up and cooked animal!

13. jyanks

jyanks VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm overdue for a nice piece of filet mignon! Maybe tonight. Thanks for the reminder, knu!

14. Teeney

Teeney Why meee??? Gold VIP

Reputations:
    It's ok Anfkid, Knu makes me angry too:livid:

15. slab0meat

slab0meat negative creep VIP

Reputations:
    This line made me chuckle...

And while chuckling, this made me laugh out loud.

16. wigtropolis

wigtropolis VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    jealous of bacon