Entertainment Hulk Hogan knew sex tape was being filmed according to documents unsealed (conned everyone)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tired, Mar 21, 2016.

1. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hulk Hogan knew sex tape was being filmed according to documents unsealed just days before punitive damages phase of wrestler's lawsuit against Gawker kicks off
    • A judge ordered that 900 pages of documents in the Hulk Hogan's sex tape privacy suit against Gawker be unsealed on Friday
    • In a now unsealed statement to the FBI, Hogan's former best friend Bubba the Love Sponge said the wrestler knew his sex tapes were being filmed
    • Bubba the Love Sponge also said that his wife Heather Clem, who was Hogan's partner in the videos, knew the sex tapes were being filmed
    • Hogan testified under oath during the trial that he was not aware he was being filmed, as did Clem in a deposition that played for jurors
    • These documents were unsealed while the jury was deliberating the case, which they found in favor of Hogan awarding him $115m in damages
    • The jury reconvenes Monday afternoon as the punitive damages phase of Hogan's lawsuit against Gawker kicks off

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-against-Gawker-kicks-off.html#ixzz43ZMNYlhc
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Scarlett Ohara and GaryPuppet like this.
  2. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Throw all 3 of 'em in jail for perjury and give gawker their money back.

3. ClintDagger

ClintDagger World's #2 Ranked Poster - Exec VP Larry, Inc VIP

Reputations:
    So nothing directly from Hogan saying he knew? Of course Bubba is going to say that.

PI Nate, Humph, Snort and 1 other person like this.
  4. batcave

batcave Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So because Bubba, trying to save his ass, said that Hogan knew, then that has to be the truth?

PI Nate, Ba Ba Boolio and Snort like this.
  5. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    you were expecting something different for the man whose son ruined the life of a marine by driving like an asshole.

Divorce and lawsuits wiped him out financially and this made up bullshit got him a payday.

6. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Still doesn't change the case, It was a stolen sex tape posted without the permission of either party in the tape. Thats the problem. Nothing that happened in the bedroom is the problem. Other then it being fucking sad as shit that a friend would allow another friend to fuck his wife and video tape the whole thing.

Gawker could have written a whole article describing the whole sex tape without the video and been completely fine. As soon as they posted the video they were fucked. It doesn't matter if Hogan knew he was taped or not. Neither party in the video released or leaked the tape it was stolen then released.

This is Gawker appeal argument and its complete shit.

7. Lance Murdock

Lance Murdock Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Click bait.

Because Fat Ass Cuckhold says HOgan knew, Hogan knew? Hogan never said he knew, he testified to the opposite and the jury believed him. Case closed brother. Whatcha gonna do?

wife is a whore, ALevy, Xent and 2 others like this.
  8. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    No way he knew. He wouldn't have dropped the N bomb if he did.

9. thegroovologist

thegroovologist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember watching a clip from the reality show (before the accident). Hulk Hogan even took his son to the police where he wanted him to watch
    a film about crashes caused by speeding. You could see it in his eyes that he didn't give a fuck.

10. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Thats the funny thing, Gawker is whining that they didn't get to put Bubba the love sponge on the stand. A complete lying con-man is there strong evidence that they wanted introduced into the case and they think would have changed everything. Thats how fucking weak Gawkers defense was.

wife is a whore likes this.
  11. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Bubba can say whatever he wants. But considering how hard Hogan fought this , I doubt he knew he was being filmed.

rabbigottfried likes this.
  12. JerseySlim

JerseySlim Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Didn't just ruin the kids life, but said he was a negative person and acted like he somehow brought all of it on himself

13. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not for nothing but Howard 101 blew it getting rid of the BTLS show ..this would have been ratings gold

baci, Ba Ba Boolio, Petal and 2 others like this.
  14. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Actually Bubba can't say whatever he wants, two different stories in two different depositions in a 115 million dollar case means he's even dumber than we thought.

wife is a whore and GaryPuppet like this.
  15. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Fuck all of them, including Gawker.

BethsBraneCell likes this.
  16. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    Can we just not discuss this anymore? Thanks

Mack29 likes this.
  17. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    T. PETERSBURG, Florida (CNNMoney) —Hulk Hogan triumphed over Gawker Media in a Florida courtroom last week.

But was it a fair fight? Gawker doesn't think so because the jurors who awarded Hogan $115 million in damages didn't have an opportunity to review nearly a thousand pages of documents that had been previously sealed.

Those records were released to the public on Friday night hours before the six-person jury returned its verdict. They raise serious questions about statements Hogan and other key witnesses made throughout the case, and are key to the appeal Gawker says it will file.

They also question Hogan's motive for filing the lawsuit.

Many of the unsealed documents pertain to the FBI's investigation into an alleged extortion attempt against Hogan by Los Angeles attorney Keith Davidson.

A federal sting operation in December 2012 that targeted Davidson led to the recovery of three DVDs showing Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, having sex with Heather Cole, then the wife of the ex-wrestler's former best friend Bubba "the Love Sponge" Clem.

Gawker had posted excerpts from a 30-minute Hogan sex tape, which formed the basis of Hogan's invasion of privacy lawsuit against the online media company.

Details from a second sex tape emerged last summer when the National Enquirer reported that Hogan had been recorded making a series of racist remarks about his daughter's African-American boyfriend.

One of the documents released Friday states that Hogan's long-time attorney David Houston told the FBI that he and Hogan watched all three DVDs and fast-forwarded to the section containing the racial epithets. In sworn depositions, however, Hogan said he was unaware of the existence of other recordings.

In a lengthy conversation with CNNMoney shortly before Friday night's verdict, Houston said it was a "myth" that Hogan watched all three DVDs.

During the sting operation at the Sand Pearl Hotel in Clearwater, Florida, Houston said Hogan primarily sought confirmation that Clem had been recorded telling his wife that they could retire off the sale of the sex tape.

When Davidson cued up this portion of the recording, Houston said that an "emotionally distraught" Hogan walked across the hotel room and turned his back to the television screen showing the DVDs. Houston said he was concerned that Hogan might turn his anger toward Davidson, and only passively paid attention to what was being shown.

"At this point, Davidson is swapping DVDs. I don't know whether it's the same DVD, whether they're different DVDs, whether it's two or three or one. What I did know is, I didn't care," Houston said. "So this story about, 'Well, you guys probably knew there were three full DVDs' -- bulls**t... My concern was to make sure my client was okay because his emotional reaction was very close to what I would classify as a meltdown."

"I'm not going to sit there and gratuitously watch sex tapes of my client and laugh and joke with Davidson," Houston added. "That would be probably as crass you could get. My goal was just to pretend that I was authenticating, pretend that I was looking at it."

(Davidson declined to comment to CNNMoney.)

According to the unsealed documents, Clem told the FBI that Hogan was aware he was being recorded before backpedaling on that claim in subsequent depositions.

"Hulk knew," Clem told federal agents, saying there was "an obvious camera in play."

The unsealed records also suggest that Heather Cole was aware she was being recorded, contradicting her sworn testimony.

"I tried to get past the pain and enjoy it," she is quoted telling Clem in one of the DVDs. "You'll probably see my face squirming."

Hogan settled out of court with both Cole and Clem. Clem did not have to testify in the trial because the presiding judge, Pamela Campbell, quashed Gawker's subpoena.

The newly released documents detail on October 2012 text exchange -- days after the Gawker post was published -- in which Hogan expressed concern to Clem that the racist remarks could go public.

"We know there's more than one tape out there and one that has several racial slurs were [sic] told," Hogan texted Clem. "I have a PPV [pay-per-view] and I am not waiting for anymore surprises because we know there is a lot more coming."

In one document an attorney for Gawker said the purpose of the FBI sting was to prevent the other tapes with racial slurs becoming public.

The lawyer also said that Gawker "has come to believe that the Florida Litigation against it was filed for the same purpose, including to send a message to Gawker and anyone else that might receive that footage (it was not part of what Gawker received) not to publish it."

Gawker claims the text exchange casts doubt on the Hogan's claim that he suffered emotional distress.

"The Publisher Defendants should be permitted to challenge this unsubstantiated claim by using his own text message, which shows that he was distressed not by the depiction of him engaged in sexual activity, but by the possibility that someone might release a sex tape(s) depicting him making 'several racial slurs,'" the document reads.

Jurors awarded Hogan $60 million for emotional distress over Gawker's publication, and $55 million for economic harm. They will return to court Monday to consider imposing punitive damages on Gawker.

18. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    "I tried to get past the pain and enjoy it," she is quoted telling Clem in one of the DVDs. "You'll probably see my face squirming."

beer can thick :jj:

19. Lou Loomis

Lou Loomis Feel the Gern

Reputations:
    "shoot" or "work" ??

I forget which is which ?

20. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    how is no one charged in this ?