News Hundreds protest outside Planned Parenthood

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Aug 23, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    920x920.jpg

Several hundred people gathered outside a southeast Houston Planned Parenthood as part of an international day of protest against the group.

The protests, which were held in places as far off as Northern Ireland and Mexico, were spurred by the release of a series of videos secretly recorded by an anti-abortion organization that the group has said shows Planned Parenthood executives offering to sell fetal organ tissue, which is illegal.

Spokesmen for Planned Parenthood have said the videos were edited and are not accurate, and that the agency does not sell fetal tissue.

"While Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast doesn't currently provide this service, it is a standard practice in the medical community," Rochelle Tafolla, a spokeswoman for Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, which operates in Texas and Louisiana, previously told the Chronicle. "In health care, patients sometimes want to donate tissue to scientific research that can help lead to medical breakthroughs, such as treatments and cures for serious diseases. Women who have abortions are no different."

"Their response isn't very believable," said Jeanne Ferrell, who was at the protest with her daughter and grandchildren.

"My heart goes out to those moms, but there's another way," said Catherine Velarde, her 41-year-old daughter from west Houston.

Ferrell and Velarde were among hundreds outside Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast Saturday - some who'd traveled from as far as Beaumont - forming a long line along the block around Planned Parenthood, stretching all the way to the Gulf Freeway. Many carried signs, bearing phrases like "Take my hand, not my life," or "Defund Planned Parenthood."

Protesters said they were motivated by their faith, their general opposition to abortion and by the secretly-recorded videos.

"The after effects (of abortion) are horrifying," said Teresa Hernandez, 47, of Baybrook, who had one in 1989. "It's tormenting to know that you took that life out of your womb ... they don't tell you that."

Officials with Planned Parenthood, however, said the rallies were meant to "intimidate and harass" the organization's patients.

"The people behind these protests have a clear political agenda," said Eric Ferrero, vice president of Planned Parenthood, in a statement. "They want to ban abortion, and block women and men from accessing basic reproductive health care."

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...-outside-Planned-Parenthood-after-6459615.php

2. XuXu

XuXu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Close down all planned parenthood clinics and the abortion rate would skyrocket, not to mention the welfare budget. Fuck these people.

3. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    this is going to make ghoulish dems who crave baby brains melt hard :jj:

Dirty South, NyMarkNy, check1 and 3 others like this.
  4. Notfunorfunny

Notfunorfunny I Can Pull It

Reputations:
    Are Lena Dunham and scar Jo serving baby's backs ribs. I am pro choice but pp needs to be called oin that shit. Not telling moms about selling parts very bad. The coverup is what bothers me

check1, KDK12, TeeDonkey and 7 others like this.
  5. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Cruz to Lead 50-State Attack on Planned Parenthood

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who has assiduously courted evangelicals throughout his presidential run, will take a lead role in the launch this week of an ambitious 50-state campaign to end taxpayer support for Planned Parenthood — a move that is likely to give the GOP candidate a major primary-season boost in the fierce battle for social-conservative and evangelical voters.

More than 100,000 pastors received e-mail invitations over the weekend to participate in conference calls with Cruz on Tuesday in which they will learn details of the plan to mobilize churchgoers in every congressional district beginning Aug. 30. The requests were sent on the heels of the Texas Republican’s “Rally for Religious Liberty,” which drew 2,500 people to a Des Moines ballroom Friday.

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/08/23/cruz-lead-50-state-attack-planned-parenthood/

6. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
  7. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Where's a drone strike when you need one?
    :repbomb:

AuntDolly, GIRLY and Robert Higgins like this.
  8. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    agreed. no one is forcing anyone to have an abortion....nobody is holding a gun to any woman's head and saying "you must have an abortion".
    if this is the nonsense that the republican party chooses to make it's main issue, it's doomed to lose forever.

thank god, women are able to have abortions. the world does not need more children born to people who will neglect and beat them.

imagine the crime rate if abortion was illegal?!?!?! some say this is the reason violent crime has gone down.

9. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah, there are a lot of them.:rolleyes:

10. floplop

floplop Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck them all..they need to either adopt every unwanted baby or mind there own fucken business. cocksuckers.

11. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    If it was a peaceful demonstration, it's their Right. I don't have an issue with it.

12. Pothead

Pothead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Last time I checked there have something like 100 million abortions in the U.S. since 1980

13. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    You would drone strike Christians protesting, but I bet youre in favor of giving looters room to destroy.

14. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    so fake

15. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...this guy is dumber than a post if he thinks this is going to give his campaign a boost. how many of those protesters outside the clinic are registered at an adoption agency waiting for a baby that needs a home? lemmieguesszero! he should be pushing for things to fund womens health care and womens rights if he wants to boost his campaign. i bet there are more religious righties that want an abortion for their daughter if she needed it than there are willing to let her have the baby. there are some families that are happy a baby is coming into their family but i think trying to take away something from women will cause a backlash rather than a boost.

16. LobsterTails

LobsterTails Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why are you that interested that you checked the number of abortions since 1980?

Although it is interesting to think that in theory there would be 100 million more people in the US even more if the foetuses gave birth to other foetuses.

Tish likes this.
  17. JesusTwinsBiggestFan

JesusTwinsBiggestFan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    so does the guy holding the cross want his religion to rule the government? why is he carrying around a huge cross? what a maniac thinking because he believes something it should be law.

Dirty South and AuntDolly like this.
  18. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Protestors. Never support, not a fan. Done just off of private property it's obviously a subtle form of intimidation and interference with their right to operate. This goes for the losers on both sides.

Tish likes this.
  19. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    so what.

i am a libertarian who tends to vote republican. no one has the right to tell me i must carry a fetus to term. i have no problem with abortions in the first trimester....and ost abortions do occur that early. women do not burn in hell or are tuned to pillars of salt and fire if they choose to abort.

maybe, if abortion was encouraged more in third world countries, we wouldn't have all this senseless migration into developed nations.

everyone must read "camp of the saints".

20. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Obamacare handles all that now doesn't it?