I Cancelled my Sirius Subscription

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by John Sterling, Apr 13, 2012.

1. John Sterling

John Sterling Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm sure nobody gives a shit, but after all these years I feel liberated. I refused Sirius' begging and multiple offers to keep me on.

I can barely listen to the show anymore and what Howard has become. I actually feel like that I (we) was being taken advantage of while Douchebag Stern continued to mail it in 2 days a week, and the little opportunity we do get to hear him, he's shamelessly promoting AGT and his whore, gold-digging wife. Enough is enough and as insignificant as I might seem to Sirius XM, I made sure to tell them why I won't renew my contract. Maybe if enough voices are heard, they'll get the message.

The ONLY thing I'll miss about Sirius is perhaps Dino Costa (Maddog station) whom I started listening to. He's kind of edgy and entertaining like the Howard of old. Otherwise, there's just too much free stuff out there that's far better than Stern, including Nick & Artie, Bill Burr, etc. I made sure to let the rep at Sirius know this as well. I even said, "How dare you charge a premium based on lies and crap."

Anyway, felt like expressing this. Kinda proud that I finally took this step and freed myself from that rich, unfunny, un-entertaining, self-promoting, full of shit cunt, Stern. Three more weeks and my Sirius radio goes silent (unless of course they forget to deactivate me and I get their shit for free, as has happened to some people).

2. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Didn't we all..next post..

3. Salmo

Salmo Active Member

Reputations:
    Rewind to 2007 and I'd be saying "me too"

-S

4. John Sterling

Reputations:
    Yeah, took me longer than it should have.

5. sludge

sludge New Member

Reputations:
    I held on till he pissed on me.....no regrets about cancelling.

6. John Sterling

Reputations:
    Exactly. He pissed on us. Enough is enough.

7. Hamburglar

Hamburglar New Member

Reputations:
    I would not report canceling at this point. Some might say you are a slow learner.

8. John Sterling

Reputations:
    Well, they kept sucking me in with specials like $7.95 with internet. When all was said and done, it wasn't about the money, but principal.

9. Ritalin

Ritalin New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    "Please keep your subscription, i got this cheeseburger, come on i need you to keep your subscription, i will suck yo dick man"
    Quote Sirius Customer Service

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  10. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    Do the trial. I have been doing it for a while now

11. John Sterling

Reputations:
    That's a good idea..........not to listen to Howard, but maybe Costa and others.

12. John Sterling

Reputations:
    Too funny. Those suckers are really desperate to keep people on who cancel.

13. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    I cancelled three subs about a year ago, they turned off the ones in the cars instantly but the portable unit that I had playing through the house stereo still works. My accounts are all closed on their website. The only thing I can think is the unit was not a Sirius branded unit but an old JVC receiver from Wal-Mart. Still don't listen much, I never got into any of their other talk stations, would rather listen to local sports and talk shows and have plenty of music to listen to.

14. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I tried cancelling twice. The first time (when he "pissed on" us), I got 6 months free & now I'm on 5 months for $25.
    So I'm in for at least another 4 months.....

15. John Sterling

Reputations:
    Hey BS! Long time. Ditto here; would prefer to hear the local (NY) sports station, though Dino Costa (on MadDog channel) could be interesting in small doses. Come a few weeks, we'll see how efficient they are in disconnecting my service.

16. John Sterling

Reputations:
    Hey jyanks! Go Yanks!

Same here...they kept me the last year with their specials and tried to do it again this time, but I had enough of Stern's bullshit. It wasn't about money this time.

I'm happy listening to WFAN, Nick and Artie, Bill Burr, Adam Carolla (sometimes) and others...and get this...all for free. Sirius and pay-radio is going to be a dinosaur soon.

Regarding Artie...like you, I hate when he gets all uppity and brags about how much money he has and judges others by what they make. I'm starting to favor Nick now because of Artie's crap. Plus, Artie beats some bits to death till they get annoying - like his bad, dumb Irish accent while reading scores.

17. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I'm a sucker. I still sub to Sirius.

Though I don't sub for Howard. I did sub for Howard initially. They have a lot of other content that's enjoyable. To me, anyways. NFL, Jay Thomas, the country stations (even Atlanta country stations suck total ass; I mean, come ON. It's the fuckin' South! We should have a decent country station!!!), Radio Classics on camping trips via the boombox, other music, POTUS, other news chans, etc, etc, etc.

Again, I don't sub for Howard. That would be crazy. Sub for a jagoff who mails it in 2 days a week every so often?

Fuck that noise.

18. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hi John S. - How the hell are ya!! I'm going to the game tomorrow - I have the Saturday package. Can't wait to tailgate & hit Stan's beforehand! you don't have your tix anymore, right?

Yeah, I will keep milking the sirius offers - I feel they owe me for the bullshit Howard spews. And eventually, I may keep sirius & just drop Howard. Why should I punish the other channels/DJs, because Howard is an a-hole!

Yeah, Artie was getting a little cocky last week....hopefully, he was just having some bipolar lows & not back on the big H. And that was awful what he did to Falato on April 1st - just awful & cruel.

19. DogOfWar92

DogOfWar92 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I feel your frustration, the show that I love has been dead and buried for a while and I now can only reminisce on youtube

20. gail ha chu

gail ha chu Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm cancelling tomorrow. I bought a new car today and I'm not going to transfer my subscription. :cheer2: