I guess you must all think I am nuts...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Getthepoisonout, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    because I actually like the show. Yes I know its not what it was back in the early 90's when I began to listen but perhaps I have evolved as well. Only thing I can do without is all of the AGT stuff, I think that show is harrable and after the first two episodes have not watched a second of it.

Anyway, first post over here after lurking for a while. Let the hate begin.

btw, how many posts before you can update your Avatar?

2. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    You actually sound like everybody on this board.

We all like the show, or else we wouldn't listen.

And most don't like the AGT stuff.

3. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    after 10 posts

4. HORSETOOTHED

HORSETOOTHED Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

5. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WelcomeWelcome!!What hate? About 20.It's hard to stay addicted to something when it's been cut so bad and only available now and then.

6. beaverbucks

beaverbucks New Member

Reputations:
    No hate. I enjoyed Sal/Richard last week and Fred interrupting ETM. So it has its moments.

7. Keyless Chuck

Keyless Chuck Barely a VIP

Reputations:
    I hate, don't listen either anymore. The humor and the hate is the best thing about this board, lots of funny fucks here. Only a hand full of trolls too...

8. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    1 and run I guess :dontknow:

9. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    I guess I got the impression most people here hated the show so much they never listen, something I really never could figure out. Agree that I would also see more shows per week but with my work sometimes I need the repeats to catch up on what I missed so no big deal.

Agree that when Fred is on, he is still the best part of the show, loved the ETM bit from this week....but sometimes I am thinking about the sound effect he should play and there is nothing, so I guess he is zoning out after all these years.

10. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Most of us listen to the show up here, we just miss the old Howard and hope he comes back some day.

11. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane in here :jj:

12. slacker

slacker New Member

Reputations:
    Fuck hamptons and the horse he rode in on... The show isnt even worth stealing anymore...

13. sfsn kali

sfsn kali Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like the show too. there have Always been parts of the show i didn't care for...that never bothered me at all...I know something funny will eventually come along

I always liked the parts of the show where Howard talks about his family - or more importantly how he feels about his family. case in point: when Debra was dressed for her prom Howard talked about how proud he was. How he saw this young person ready to start her life full of potential. That here she was - beautiful and talented and he was So filled with love. It was quite a touching moment.

Those moments happen organically and naturally. The show has always been about What is Happening Now. So I never bother wishing for the past. I just go with the flow.

Howard has Always talked about really bad TV shows that I never watch. AGT is just in a long line of shit. No biggy for me.
    I DO find it interesting that he loves this shit so sometimes his discussions of such shows is fascinating to me.

I still like most interviews and when the staff argues with each other. I do miss Artie

14. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    That's cool you like the show and you're totally entitled to your opinion, which you stated clearly and concisely. I seriously doubt you'll receive any hate.

It's the dickheads like Jeton, Artie'sLiver, and the other suck-asses that have to bawl-bag over every dissenting comment that receive the flak.

15. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    I listen to the show everyday. I just hate the unfunny direction it has taken in the last few years.

16. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think many of us feel that the show is a shell of it's former self and Howard is delusional because he appears oblivious to the decline. Because of that, he needs his balls busted with persistency and vigor by this forum since his "team" are all job saving kiss-asses and are too scared to point out the hypocrisy themselves.

AGT was kind of the last straw, but I still like to listen at least two or three hours per week and I maybe laugh out loud once or twice.

17. HORSETOOTHED

HORSETOOTHED Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yep, 99% of the "haters" are just busting balls and having fun, whereas the "anti-haters" always seem angry and humorless.

18. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    99% of the 'hate' on this board is in response to the hypocrisy of Howard and Beth, not necessarily the show itself. The other 1% of the hate goes towards peripheral characters like Hein, Bababooey, etc.

Personally I think the show now sucks and is the worst it's ever been but I still listen(not nearly as much) because in some sick way I am enjoying witnessing the decline of Howard.

19. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I'd love to be inside an anti-hater's head, just to see what makes them tick.

20. Sternac

Sternac HALs Pal

Reputations:
    The show fucking blows now but I like to listen to youtube clips. Unfortunately, my main supplier etbh2 has ceased uploads.
    But I think most on this board listen so they can goof on hypocrite howie and his tranny wife. Same reason why many on here watch mom caves.