I Hate Millenials --- Cannot Stand Them

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MyLazyHand, Mar 2, 2015.

1. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    I don't know if you're cursed with having to work with the 20-something generation, but what a bunch of cunts. They don't respect authority, policy or care about the quality of their work. If they make any effort, they want to be "recognized" for their work, even when it's dead-wrong.

We have hired a few of them in the last year, and I want all of them fired. Now. Immediately.

They don't know what they're doing, but they'll argue with people with 20-30 years of experience.

My brother works for a private company with ~100 employees. The owner refuses to even interview with a Millenial due to their baked-in shit work ethic.

This is what happens when the kids never have a job, and they're all told how "special" they are every day of their lives.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Selfie.

3. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    Parents have to share the blame, especially helicopter parents. My brother is the H.R. director at a medium sized hospital. Last year he was interviewing candidates for a position, most of them recent grads. One young lady came to his waiting room with her dad. But the big surprise was when he called her to come into his office for the interview and her dad stood up and tried to go in. He was stunned that my bro wouldn't let him come in. (Do you think that she got the position?)

4. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    My sister-in-law refuses to allow her son to perform any sort of manual labor. None. He doesn't cut the grass, rake the leaves or shovel snow. The kid is 6'1" tall, and is treated like a toddler.

Yeah, that'll produce a strong man, won't it? By the time I was 14 years old, I had a paper route, an inventory of lawn customers and I used to shovel snow like there was no end to it.

Morrisb, blindbella, teehee and 22 others like this.
  5. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    My Father never let me do that stuff either - but then, I'm a girl :dontknow:

6. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I work with them. And they are awful. Absolutely awful.
    I have one analyst who is late every day. When he first started, he blamed his lateness on the fact that his commute was far. Three months later, he moved 15 minutes from the office, and he still can't get to the office by 9. So I started scheduling 9am meetings. And he would rush into my office at 9:10 or 9:15, completely unprepared. THEN he had the balls to ask me (his boss) to stop having meetings at 9am. They are too early for him

7. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    I have this debate with my girlfriend all the time. Her kids are 12 and 10, and the ten year old is going to be a huge kid. He's already 5'5 and taller than his brother, and wears size 10 shoes. Yet they don't do any work around the house. Nor do they when they're with their idiot father. I see my girlfriend outside mowing the lawn and when I ask why one of the kids aren't doing it, she says they're still too young for that. WTF???? By the time I was 10 I had a laundry list of chores to do every week and that included the fucking laundry sometimes!!

We've turned these kids into a bunch of do-nothing babies with our bubble-wrap treatment of them.

Morrisb, teehee, gotnolife and 9 others like this.
  8. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    They feel this is beneath their little darlings. To many, this is "immigrant work" and they've created sort of a caste system where only "dirty people" get dirty at work or break a sweat.

30 years ago you could get tons of hard working college students, often from fairly well off families, and they had great work ethics. Not the case since around the 90's, I'd say. It's no surprise some of them don't know how to work hard, show up on time, endure hardship or disappointment. They've never had to.

Frankly the low level of work quality and hustle that I see from people of all ages today is shocking. The "norm" is "slacker third class". This happens at all levels. My wife's company HQ is a ghost town on Friday afternoon. They had a trade meeting of some sort recently. One guy flew down, played golf, went to a dinner, then flew out the day the actual training and educational presentations started. And they just hired him! His ass is now grass, he just doesn't know it yet. The stupid fucker reports to the CEO and thought he could just skate after the company spent $5,000 to send him there. 30 y/o. They're in CT and I guess he wanted a free trip to Miami.

9. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    Word to the wise. Keep it "girlfriend"

Morrisb, teehee, gotnolife and 15 others like this.
  10. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    They are the everyone gets a trophy generation. My kids are mil's they aren't lazy though they are opinionated. But they are my kids as well so that comes second nature, the opinionated part. My oldest has worked since 15 clearing land and anything else his buddy's dad's ranch needed done. Now he works in their head office in houston pulling in 60k at 25 while working on his degree at the same time.

11. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    Perfect story. Perfect. This is their ethic.

12. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My first experience working with them was in 2013. They are miserable little cunts. I'm the kind of guy who is easy going, friendly and gets along with everybody. They are just arrogant, nasty fuckers and I quit after a year because they all treated me like a leper. At first I thought it was me, but quickly figured out it was their entire generation. They were raised to be self centered pricks who have no social skills because they were raised pampered with their noses stuck to their cell phones.

13. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    We have a 24 year-old woman at work whose only function is to fill in the blanks of spread sheets. She's been there over a year.

I'd say that 3 of 4 documents she produces are wrong. Just wrong. When I point out the errors, she tells me it's my job to fix them.

I find the entire notion INSANE. I'm three levels above her.

14. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

On Saturday's from when I was in the 2nd grade, I had to mow the lawn, it was to hard to start so my dad started it and then said "get to work!"

15. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    There are "businessmen" who try to conduct real business with real customers using texts, because they're afraid to speak on the phone with someone. And apparently email is too passee.

My wife's brothers did nothing growing up. She did chores, cooked, cleaned, and had to have a job by age 16. For some reason they weren't. Of four, only one has a decent job and of the others, one has been convicted of stealing from an employer, another has filed bankruptcy twice and complains about "rich people" despite doing as little as possible, and the other is a 47 y/o pizza delivery boy with 4 kids and a stack of food stamps. The fourth has done well, but works for the government. So make of that what you will.

teehee and RenchFries like this.
  16. selloutwig

selloutwig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thank you. I thought I was alone. I work in an industry where you work nights, weekends, holidays and in any type of weather conditions. These PUKES tell their bosses when they are being interviewed that they only want to work 8-5 Monday-Friday. Thank god for them. I get a lot more work.

teehee, 00steven, RenchFries and 5 others like this.
  17. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

Did you ever have to do all the domestic chores?

[​IMG]

teehee, daphnejoanes, fag and 4 others like this.
  18. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    We have a 25 year-old being paid nearly $100,000 per year....with very limited experience.

Last week, he didn't do something on time and I waited 4 days for him to do it. He never did it.

So I did it for him and then he wrote a nasty email telling me not to do his job. The fucker. 100 grand and he bitches that other people do his work for him.

Deserves a punch in the nose.

teehee, RenchFries, Remley and 3 others like this.
  19. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Far from it = 5'1"........

Caffeinated and Blur like this.
  20. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    [​IMG]