I Have Comet ISON Fears. Fears, I Tell You.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MyLazyHand, Jul 23, 2013.

1. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    The comet is coming. On Christmas 2013, it will light up the sky. As it slingshots around the sun, it is expected to miss the Earth on the return to outer space. Unless...

If the comet shatters as it is pulled around the sun's heavy gravity, it may split into pieces. And those pieces may shower down on the Earth.

What should I do? My house is made of wood and other unknown materials.

2. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
  3. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Why would it shatter?

If you are referring to something like the Comet Shoemaker Levy 9 that hit Jupiter.. then you have little to worry as that comet was crushed as it was pulled into Jupiter.

If a similar event were to happen with the Sun then that means this comet would be pulled into the sun leaving little to worry about ,

And a house made out of steel and concrete would do little to save you from a direct hit from a comet crashing into it since the kinetic energy hitting your house would equal to 100's of megatons of TNT

4. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    The government says there's nothing to worry about. That's what worries me the most.

[video=youtube_share;5_1HdOCOJ_Q]http://youtu.be/5_1HdOCOJ_Q[/video]

5. HowardsNeckFlap

HowardsNeckFlap New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Near earth objects are a real threat

6. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    If something or someone only visits on Christmas, you can be assured something bad is going to happen.

Every Christmas night we lost a bunch of cookies with no explanation whatsoever.

7. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A 1-10 kilometer comet would ruin our day if it hit us ... and every living things day for the next few hundred years

8. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    Pray to the new jew prince of england

9. BringBackJackie

BringBackJackie Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Another Jew looking to ruin Christmas for all of us

10. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:

Apparently you missed Vashier's informative thread of 3 WEEKS AGO!!!!

11. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

12. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:
    That's not quite right. The gravity of the sun could effect the trajectory and cause it to slam into the earth in 7 years. Untill 6 or 7 months ago they said there is a likely chance of it hitting us. Then they came out and said it's not going to hit no matter what. That seems fishy to me.

13. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Twas the night before Christmas
    And incoming was Ison
    About to fuck up mankind
    Worse than the white man fucked the bison

Santa was crushed by debris
    So were Dasher, Dancer and Prancer
    All of the others
    Died from thyroid cancer

Merry Christmas to all
    I hope it was fun and fantastic
    We've been to the bottom of the sea and to the moon
    Not a bad run while it lasted

14. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    ok here's the deal with Ison as I've been following it awhile now and started thread aways back.

1) Comets are NOT dirty ice balls. Nasa's temple 1 comet probe plus the impactor probe have proven comets are dry rocky formation that were formed in a place that contained both liquid water AND barren high pressure areas. They have brought back dust that when analysed was composed of elements that could only be formed in a liquid environment and also elements that can not exist in a liquid element. A Dirty snowball can not have these 2 environments.

2) The comets face has been scared by electronic forces. The impactor probe was launched from a satelite that then watched it impact, the impactor also had an on board camera. Just before impact you can see the video image tear apart just like a camera does in a magnetic field. Since the impactor was copper and the comet had an electric charge a discharge occurred which can be seen on the video of the impact as a white flash just before the impact explosion. This is important later on. The impact was much brighter then expected BUT it did not make the expected crater as it hit solid rock. The images after impact also show active electric forces literally carving away the surface walls of the cliffs on the comet. No water jets were ever seen!

3) comets do not, "light up"( tail formation) until 4.5 Astral units( 1au = earth to sun distance) The original theory was the water inside the comet wouldn't boil off until the sun as that close. Ison has been "lit up" since it it was 5.25 AU. Also, the original released photo showed a scale of jupiter at the bottom. It was 30 arc seconds long, ison measured 15 arc seconds (neptune size) at that distance. Nasa still says it's 5 km or smaller.

4) Ison could well blow apart BUT if it did it could be a good thing actually. Ison's is approaching infront and above us, it will exit in front and below us ( or vice versa) Momentum would cause it stay in the same trajectory and still miss us BUT then we would be dealing with left over chunks if they were larger then dust particles, the last comet to explode was turned to dust. Ison could be a problem in that we are going to take a double hit from the tail starting 1/12 - 14th. We will pass through both the incoming and outgoing tail debris which could be in large part arsenic. We've never tyaken a double hit like this before.

5) The sun is NOT nuclear. All evidence points that the sun is electric not nuclear in nature. Scientists have stated that the sun's mass in impossible at it's size to be able to have burned this long let alone another 100 billion years. If it were nuclear there is no explination for a gentily warmed comet just exploding from a cme that hit it. That is just what happened to the last big comet to approach ( sorry brain fart I can't think of it's name now) It was supposed to be a huge light show but instead a CME fired from the sun and it exploded live on the lasco sat view. That debris once it rounded the sun was just dust. This is what I was citing before about if ison exploded. Why it would be good is we would not have to worry about it's return.

ok so lets put it all together. The danger from an electric rock in space passing the sun at 888000 miles is the difference in electrical potential could cause a huge cme to be flung in our direction. Ison passes through our orbit then gets close to sun as we come into that position. IF a flare fires at ison we could be fucked. Not instant death at all, no power for decades to come. We also have no idea about the tail interactions with our atmosphere either since we will get hit by particles moving in 2 different directions at the same time. If you want to learn all about this new science just watch this one documentary. It explains everything very clearly.
    [video=youtube;6dUXuSmYeQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dUXuSmYeQQ[/video]

Shit watch it fast as the copy i watched has been deleted for "copy right infringement" Ya right NSA strikes again

15. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    This comet will be no where near us. About the distance from Venus. Pretty damn far. Whether it breaks up or not, it's not close and it's off our path.

But conspiracy theorists will make money off the gullible once again for sure. :backlol:

16. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

Like I said, that isn't the danger at all.

17. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    does anyone have comet protection gear that I can buy?

18. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    You mean a solar flare as the danger?

I say ISON ends up like comet Elenin from 2011 and. It was suppose to cause a blackout,big earthquakes and doom. Nothing happened even though it caused a big CME which broke it down pretty good.

19. morrissey

morrissey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just lay back and enjoy it.

20. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Nothing happened? Elenin ()that was the name I forgot) exploded from the cme.(Yes solar flare) If it were a snowball the electric charge would not interact aside from a slight brightening. Now if the comet were a giant capacitor (electric rock) and it took an opposite charge hit large enough it would explode (wire a capacitor backwards and wait) just as elenin did. Elenin could be the final nail in the dirty snowball theory.