I have never turned on someone like I have Howard and the show

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JoeyG, Oct 5, 2013.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Active Member

Reputations:
    Back when he first joined Sirius, I would actually leave work early (My job consists of a few hours office work in morning and the rest of the day I'm "out in the field") so that I could tune in to his show every day. I got written up several times and almost lost my job because I was so enthralled by the show. It made my day. I LOVED this fucking show. I defended Howard to anyone that argued otherwise. He was on every weekday and usually ran over because the content was so fucking good. It was amazing.
    Now, in literally just a couple of years time, I can't stand him. Every time I see him on TV or in the news, or listen to his show, I say to myself what an asshole he is and I hope he gets run over by a bus. I don't know if I'm more pissed that he sold us out, or that I don't have that awesome show to listen to anymore. He and Robin are the most disingenuous, lying, fake, narcissistic, unfunny assholes I've ever heard. I cannot believe that I actually fell for this shit. I am way bitter and I hate him for it. Thanks for listening, rant over.:hat:

2. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sounds about right. anything else Robin ?

3. Deodato

Deodato New Member

Reputations:
    My issue is not that they're disingenuous, liars, fakes, and narcissists. They've always been that. Unfunny is the key.

4. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    The funny left the show a while ago.

There's no effort at all to make people laugh. Now it's all about pounding the gay/left/AGT agenda into the listeners' skulls.

5. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    First jeton, now this asshole. Somebody get me in touch with the AIDS management team. Those microbes are not doing what they're getting paid to do quickly enough.

6. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    This. Howard has lost any sense of reality and his sense of humor. He really should be on Sirius Left or Out Q, and Sirius could get some good talk programming on 100 & 101. Howard is a loser at this point.

7. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I misread this, I thought you were saying that you're turned on by Howard and the show. Oops.

8. njguy8

njguy8 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

I definitely feel your pain and couldn't agree more.

I haven't listened to a live show in months. I got tired of hating every morning.

Howard has turned in to everything he used to slam against for years and years.

And adding insult to injury, we're actually paying for it.

9. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Great post Joey. When I started listening back in the early 90's, Howard was hilarious on a daily basis. He also was much more middle of the road politically and didn't shove an agenda down our throats every day. He would stick up for the police as he did during the Rodney King trial. He had Chief Daryl Gates on the show and stuck up for him; something that probably would not happen today. I'm not even sure if he would say OJ was guilty in today's PC Howard. It's all Whitey's fault today.

10. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    bingo!

And you can't even say it's just laziness; it's downright systematic suppression of any comedic content whatsoever, lest Howard's inability to keep up with or provide it becomes obvious.

In a way he probably likes the "sell-out" criticisms, as it detracts attention from the truth; that his mind is disintegrating and has been for a while.

11. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Its exactly like a marriage gone bad. All that love and affection at first turns to hate and contempt.

12. Joe Bauers

Reputations:

Except for the huge payday at the end.

13. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
  14. Joe Bauers

Reputations:
    Sirius Finally shut off my radio. :coffee:

15. Marty

Marty New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This week was the first time I swapped to liquid metal couldn't take arquette and ventura

16. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't think of any celebrity or show that was more loved that became most hated.

17. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Diehard fans turning on Jim Rome is the only thing I've seen that even comes close to mirroring this HSS phenomenon in the radio world. Much like with Howie, in the span of just a couple of years, Rome's hordes of über-loyal, ultra passionate cyber fans did a complete 180 on him, to the point where he's now pretty much just openly mocked on message boards like stucknut. That shit about "tipping points" is no joke.

18. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Who the fuck is Jim Rome? :uscratch:

19. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    Speaking as someone who started listening to him way back in the "WNNNNNNNNNBC" days, I share your pain x 10.

20. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    I haven't read any of the Jim Rome hate, but I must admit, that his show has drifted in the last year since he moved to CBS radio network. There's less emphansis on the clones and the emails, and more on interviews. That being said, I still laugh more during one show than I was laughing at Howie in entire months before I cancelled a couple of years ago.