I haven't listened to one minute of this week's shows

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Yomama, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Yomama

Yomama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The absolute WORST week of reruns ever !!!

at this point I so don't give a shit if Howard doesn't renew his contract. The show sucks !!
    And we've been living without it for quite some time now.

I bought a lifetime membership when Howard came over to Sirius - so I'm in. Now I listen to O&A, Jay Thomas and Artie

2. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I havent listened to one second of this weeks programming either.

3. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I turn the radio on at 1:00 pm pst. on 104. I have no idea what has been on Howard's channels. What a great job he's done, at programming his legacy

4. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Me neither

5. Missypooh RN

Missypooh RN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was going to say that :grad:

It's sad - I used to be bummed out when Howard was on vacation. Now, it's normal - and I don't miss it really.

I get a lot more done during the day, too... :(

6. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Not one second.

7. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Amen! Got caught up on some of the Rolling Stones bootlegs that have been sitting around.

8. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I've haven't listened to one second of a Howard Stern show in months. I'll catch the Joke Hunt every-so-often, but that's it.

Y'all niggas need to do yourselves a favor, and jump head-first into O&A. They work 5 days a week, cover a wide range of social/political topics, have interesting guests, have comedians sit in on the show, and take phone calls (even calls from people who aren't in total agreement with them). On weekend nights, they have awesome shows like "The Sam Roberts Show", "Weird Medicine with Dr Steve", "Roland's Food Court", "The Davey Mac Sports Program", the Joe Rogan Podcast, and a podcast from a "friend of the show" like Tom Papa, Rich Vos, Bob Kelly, David Lee Roth, and Bill Burr. Also on Sundays, there is a Ron & Fez "Best Of The Week" so you can get acclimated with another excellent show.

Yes, I know, you'll have to learn a new cast of characters, but it doesn't take long.

9. Yomama

Yomama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes, I know, you'll have to learn a new cast of characters, but it doesn't take long.[/QUOTE]

That's the only problem - I've been listening on and off for a while now and I can't tell who's who yet. I know Norton, but I don't know which is Opie and which is Anthony. Which one speaks with a low - kinda lazy tone to his voice - he speaks low into the mike? (the guy who says he hasn't had a drink in almost 2 weeks -is that Opie or Anthony?)

10. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    That's the only problem - I've been listening on and off for a while now and I can't tell who's who yet. I know Norton, but I don't know which is Opie and which is Anthony. Which one speaks with a low - kinda lazy tone to his voice - he speaks low into the mike? (the guy who says he hasn't had a drink in almost 2 weeks -is that Opie or Anthony?)[/QUOTE]

Anthony is the guy who hasn't had a drink.

Opie has a youtube channel called "opieradio". Check it out. He does a lot of in-studio filming which will help you learn who is who. There's also an OApedia, or you can post in the O&A forum here at Dawg's, and we'll help you out.

11. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    so many projects and initiatives.... the tapes team is working hard.

12. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    Fuck Howard.

I haven't listened to 1 second, let alone minute, either.

I'm slowly weaning myself off of The Show. It's so terrible now, it's really not that hard.

I'll catch Riley, if he's on, but other than that, I'd rather listen to sports talk if I need to hear someone blather (and it's a bad part of the year with only baseball on the horizon until Fall).

Oh well, the CFL starts up July 1, so I guess that's something... :dontknow:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  13. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:

jesus the present day HSRS AND the CFL?

you have horrible taste

14. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    Just jonesing for some football my good man, plus I've always kinda liked the CFL, for some reason, after first seeing it on TV one summer when I was a kid visiting my uncle and aunt who lived in Detroit (back in the 70s).

15. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:

yea im in Montreal and ive just NEVER gotten CFL I think my friends who watch it are nuts the NFL is just such a higher level of football

i dunno tho i can see why some like it with the passing rules etc

16. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    It's going to be interesting to see how the Alouettes do this season without Trestman (who's coaching the Chicago Bears this year). I guess Calvillo is coming back for (one more?) season at "pivot" (QB).

Grey Cup games are AWESOME! So much more fan stuff and partying going on for the average Joe than Super Bowls, IMHO. My son and I were in Montreal at Olympic Stadium in '08. We had a great time!

The CFL is definitely 2nd tier to the NFL, but I get bored with just baseball during the summers.

I'm headed up to Saskatchewan for this year's Cup with some friends in November. It should be a hoot!

:woot:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  17. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How come 104 on my radio still says Starz Too but when I click on the Info button, it says INDIE?

18. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I havnt listened to 1 second of anything stern for the past few weeks and dont miss it one tiny bit!
    I only wish I had done this a couple years ago and saved my self a lot of aggravation.

19. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    heard only a few, LT was always a good interview....btw fck Wiggo!

20. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have not turned on my stilleto or my sirius app on my phone nor listened to it in my car one time! i'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AS A BIRD

[​IMG]