I heard you bought a house. Yes I did robin.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tired, May 20, 2013.

1. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They glaze over the fact the guy dropped $52,000,000 cash on a house with, yeah I live in Florida now. Ha ha ha ha ha......

yeah this guy has a lot in common with all of us!

2. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why don't you all get together and build him a golden statue we can pray to and show our devotion? I'm sure he'd like that

3. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    so this is how they handled it today....glossing over the fact he just parted with 52 million dollars.
    did he say anything else about his purchase? i have a feeling that at the end of this contract he's going to sell his manhattan place and maybe downsize to a tiny 4000sq ft abode. he'll keep the mausoleum by the sea in the hamptons and utilize the palm beach place when he retires so that he can pay less on the income he makes on his investments.

howard is an idiot about many things but investing isn't one of them.

4. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

What a douche' it would have been 100000000000 x better to not even mention it..

this way when someone brings it up will go to the

We already talked about it on air Robin

5. Martina

Martina New Member

Reputations:
    Howard wants to make sure nobody missed all the reports he submitted to the online media outlets. So, right, it isn't news, Howard, just make sure you get the PRICE in print so you can brag to Alison, Imus and Rush Limbaugh about how rich you are...

6. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It was brought up and the subject was changed super quick.

7. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    It felt to me like he was willing to discuss it when the caller asked about the house. But then the caller has to interrupt him and ask about the bulldog. You knew what was going to happen then.

8. MISERABLE66

MISERABLE66 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We need Jon Lieberman on the story!

9. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    That makes a lot of sense. Without the daily (excuse me, 2-3 days a week) grind of the radio job, the apartment becomes redundant. NYC real estate is doing well I assume, so he'll sell that easily to partially offset the costs of the Florida home.

The hamptons home keeps him with a NY presence till the parents are gone or one dies and the other decides to move with him. It also keeps the celebrity socializing going. These types are different than the Palm Beach ones. He has a northern home to escape the hot Florida summers, and a Florida home for winters.

In 2-3 years he may well be ready for retirement from active performance on the radio. He may choose to do production or other things to keep his hand in show biz. They could be done from Florida. With ZIP from the FED, interest income won't be high, so the income tax angle is diminished by then. He might not even care if he pays some NY income tax and keeps NY as his domicile for PR purposes. Buying a ladder of bonds he'd be making only $8M or so in interest income, so the extra tax paid would not be great. ($1M).

With the current RE price bubble reinflating he may have been advised to act now to get a better price. This would offset the large carrying costs of a mostly vacant home there. Florida real estate can really take off in a boom.

Of course what he doesn't understand is that the bubble will burst and he may lose some on the home should he need to sell it.

10. rascal

rascal New Member

Reputations:
    I was listening for about a 1/2 hour and heard it.

Caller asks him about it. Howard says (in a way as if it didn't really happen but he's just joking) Yeah right I live there now, haha
    Robin quickly jumps in and says she saw a news story about him and his bulldog. Howard goes into a 5 minute thing about how great Beth is...nsal, animals. Then moves on.

Most honest guy in radio!

11. rascal

rascal New Member

Reputations:
    It's not like we could hate him anymore at this point. Why not just come out and brag about his money and lifestyle? I'd actually be interested in hearing what it's like to have a mansion, a cook, house servants, bowling alleys, personal weathermen, and so on. Fuck it's better than Beth love animoes and AGT talk.

12. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    imagine back then if Imus was buying a 52 mil houise...Wiggo would tear him apart, asking who the fck needs a 52 mil house.

13. Bearcat1

Bearcat1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The best part was he mentioned how the great one (Beth-O) was trying to raise $7 million for the NSAL. Why not buy a $45 million Florida house and donate the $7 million yourself. Could a $45 million house for 2 people by that much of a dump compared to a $52 million one?? Nope, the cheap jew has to beg average people to donate their hard earned cash. Plus I can't think of a charity who is more apt to waste $7 million than NSAL. With the cash infusion, maybe they will have 2 Dogcademy awards next year.

14. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He dropped 52 million cash on a home then went to his bedroom, turned off the lights and played this on loop til Beth got home.

[video=youtube;3aF9AJm0RFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aF9AJm0RFc[/video]

15. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You know what? I will give Stern a little bit of credit here. He is finally realizing that talking about his Hollywood/Hamptons/Palm Beach lifestyle is douchey and a huge turn off to viewers. He has toned back the foo-foo lifestyle talk and celebrity name dropping a bit.

That said, he still is a sellout and he he still pisses on the fans on a daily basis (at least when he is working). There are so many ways that he shits on fans that his not flaunting his millionaire lifestyle is like trying stop an asteroid hurtling at the Earth with a catcher's mitt. So I can't give him too much credit for curbing one douchy aspect of his persona.

16. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
    He still calls her his wife?
    Lately this is sounding more annoying, than his annoying cunt wife.

[video=youtube;QhHVytfGr9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhHVytfGr9c[/video]

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  17. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    He is letting us know that the 7 million dollar fund raiser is all on her.

18. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    He made it more than apparent today that they do not live together.

19. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The best part is zillow listed it's worth as $41M.:facepalm:
    Howard the asshole gets taken at every turn.
    $10K to put a tv screen on the wall? And he paid $11M too much for a pretentious house.

20. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    His wife is the "real deal".