i hope Dawg and Monk follow Youtubes lead

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Shivvy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    YouTube might kill off its commenting trolls
    6 hrs ago

Whether you post a video of a newborn baby's first smile, or a dog putting out a fire, or a children's ballet recital, you can count on one thing: YouTube commenters are going to say something awful about it. In all caps, with tons of swears, with spelling that suggests they are typing with their elbows. However, it's rumored the site may be developing a way to filter trolls. YouTube's "head of product" said at the ongoing Google I/O conference, "We're working on some improvements to the comment system, so hopefully we'll have an update on that in the next few months." Look out, trolls, you may be forced from under your bridges soon.

2. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    The best message board (I've frequented) that has an iron grip against trolling is televisionWithoutPity.com, but it's also rather draconian with its rules and punishments. Too strict, IMO.

3. k4D3t

k4D3t Reverse Apache Master VIP

Reputations:
    you can simply turn comments off in youtube, but there are times when you want feedback from people -- i'm surprised it's taken them this long to come up with something