I just realized the biggest flaw in Howard's attacks on Jackie...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TelegramSam, Dec 28, 2012.

1. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I was listening to some older Sirius shows in my car, and Howard keeps goofing on Jackie for thinking that he could work on FM radio, because there is no way his style of humor would translate with the FCC...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Howard didn't go to Sirius until 5 years after Jackie left, so he is therefore full of it. I checked MarksFriggin, but he didn't do that a great a wrap up of it, it just said (from 1/4/10) "Howard was wondering if Jackie could keep the name ''Joke Hunt'' if he moved to terrestrial radio since it sounds like ''cunt.''

It did say, though:

"Howard said the caller asked about his lunch with Jackie so he had to get to that. Howard said he loves Jackie and he always loves hanging with him. He said they went to lunch and had some small talk but within a short time he wanted to just leave. Howard said Jackie was telling him he was a Jew bastard, just kidding around, but he said it had nothing to do with anything. He said that happened within 3 seconds. Howard said he's had to put up with that shit his whole life and he was supposed to be out to lunch with a friend. Howard said Jackie is very aware of what he is and it's not even clear what Jackie is. Fred said he's a French Huganaught. Howard said Jackie is the cheapest guy on the planet and he's the one always telling him he's cheap. Howard said the last time he had a meal with him he said he was going to pay. Howard said the bill came and he paid it. Jackie tried to grab it and said he was going to pay like he said last time. Howard said he took it and just paid. He said if Jackie really wanted to pay he could have told them that when he got there. Howard said he and Jackie sat down to eat and he was doing the Jew bastard thing. Howard said he doesn't like to hear that ''Jew'' stuff when he talks to people. He said he doesn't need that. Howard said it was just weird. Howard said he almost got up and just left. The caller had to run out to start his car so Howard asked what was up with that. the guy said he had to go to work soon so he was warming up his car.
    Howard said Sal is kind of like Jackie in that way that he always calls people by what ethnicity they are. Howard said he's always referring to Robin being black and stuff when he talks about her.
    Howard said he and Jackie sat down and Jackie said he knew he was going to crucify him but they were going to have a great time. Howard said he wasn't so sure about that. He said they spoke for a while and Jackie always has a chip on his shoulder. He said Jackie was telling him he couldn't believe he was invited to the holiday party. Howard said he has no problem with Jackie but Jackie thinks he does."

Obviously Howard has a problem with Jackie, and Jackie is obviously a hero.

2. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did you come to the point you elude to in the subject? If so what was your realization?

3. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    In the first sentence, for Christ's sake...He has developed this criticism that Jackie's humor wont work on FM radio and he's completely useless unless it's on satellite, even though Jackie was never even a part of THSS on satellite.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  4. chkmhnsthrh

chkmhnsthrh Member

Reputations:
  5. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Jackie dared to negotiate each contract and not accept Buchwald as his agent.
    You take what Stern wants to give you or else he will destroy you.

What we know now is that Jackie wrote ALL the funny worth listening to in Stern history.
    Team Jokeman
    1985-2000
    :troops:

6. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Also, I just want to say that IMHO Jackie could have been a really solid sidekick on a morning drive show, but by the time Howard fired him, he was too old. I remember as early as 2001, the local DJs in my market running ads trying to portray the Stern show as old and out of date (their shows sucked, though) and Jackie was already older than Howard. And now morning drive is dead anyway, so that's the last nail in his radio career's coffin. I'm just saying there was some truth in Jackie's argument that he gave Howard the best years of his life...err, career, that is (I know Jackie has sounded like a woman scorned, but it's true, damnit).

7. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jackie summed it up quite nicely. Even though we know that stereotypes aren't based on fact.

8. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    this :bigcry:

and that's why he has a particular need to f jackie.

9. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Revolution was nothing more than a money grab.
    The largest 'pump & dump' 'bait & doodle'....EVER!

Jackie would never fit in this revolution.
    Comedy is mean and hurtful.....words hurt.
    Jackie could not write for this disaster....:jj:

10. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Jackie was the true talent behind Stern . . . :coffee:

11. KjCarson

KjCarson Member

Reputations:
    Jackie regrets but has made peace with his decision. Howard the multi million marbleaire gas not and won't let it go. I think on some personal level he really liked Jackie and deeply resented his - non bro- walk out. Still.

12. Nurse Remulak

Nurse Remulak New Member

Reputations:
    Jackie was funny.. not mind-blowing... but funny. Artie was hilarious sleeping, awake, didn't matter. He always made me laugh. Meanwhile Benjy is comedy cancer. I have never ever laughed at Benjy on the "show" or "WUS." Not once. Never.

That said Jackie made a huge mistake not taking the $$$ he was offered.. it still was more money than the average American makes PLUS all the perks and free promotion working on the show brought him. I never negotiated my salary by saying, "Ya.. but my boss makes X so I should at least make Y." The company would have looked at me like I was fucking insane if that was my negotiation strategy.

13. karimadh

karimadh New Member

Reputations:
    jackie was very creative...you can notice the difference b/t those years and post-jackie (same will billy west). even though artie was great, he could not fill that void. Gotta collect all the marbles and take them to the grave :oy2:

14. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    Howard is NOT funny.

15. LisaGsDentures

LisaGsDentures Active Member

Reputations:
    Jackie was clearly a good writer but he was paid well and had no other options. He was a moron for leaving.

16. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Jackie is a hero
    went from 1.25 million to zero

17. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    he didn't choose to quit. they choose to give his salary to howard.

i realize he was on strike, but that was just his dumb way of trying to negiotiate. he didnt realize they were only pretending to negotiate with him. tom didnt have the power to give him 1 extra penny

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  18. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i don't think there's anyone(howard included) who wouldn't rather be jackie than howard

19. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Has Howard played the Jackie tapes yet?

20. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    Morning drive is definetly dead in Boston. One local show called the Hillman Morning show is fucking bad it's almost like having Shuli twins doing their hack comedy bits. Then they do the old "let's laugh at everything we fucking say" routine. Speaking of that routine, one night I actually caught the tale end of that Abe Kanon horsehit. They were going over what they talked about during the show that day. Abe himself would actually laugh at things he had said earlier. It was so tacky.