Entertainment I just saw Rob Zombie's new movie 31. On purpose.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by hugh jasol, Sep 1, 2016.

1. hugh jasol

hugh jasol foxxy Gold

Reputations:
    {{{{{obvious spoilers}}}

Pros - great main villain in Doom Head (Richard Brake). Character has the potential to be as entertaining as Otis Driftwood was in Devils Rejects and every bit as hellishly demented.
    [​IMG]

Pros - Speaking of Devil's Rejects, there are more than a few visual references, homages and directing style as DR found here, which is good since that is Rob's Mt Everest of movies

Pros - tons of titties, even some shaved pussy (even though this was supposed to be taking place in 1976 - bush shoulda been out of control although I saw lips twice so I shouldn't complain). Ginger Lynn's cans make an appearance, as does the xtra 40lbs she's put on

Pros - one thing Rob does right is using just the right classic rock songs as backdrops. This is no different

Pros - decent amount of gore, but or an unrated flick, should have been a lot more

Pros - bringing back Chicken Fucker from DR. Not in it very long, but entertaining as hell

Pros - had a "making of" short doc after the movie ended

Pros - fun crowd, very into it but not in a talk at the screen way

Pros - EG Daily playing almost the exact same role she played in DR

Pros - the brothers Psycho Head (Lew Temple from Halloween and DR) and Schizo Head

Cons - white trash dialogue that's in every RZ film is no different here. Maybe even more crass.

Cons - Freddie Boom Boom Washington's fake hair and fake Rasta accent

Cons - no Sid Haig, Bill Moseley or Ken Foree. All could have easily been used

Cons - Sherri Moon Zombie's lack of tits (seriously ironing board flat here) and obvious lack of acting ability

Cons - The role Malcolm McDowell plays. Awfully annoying

Cons - Meg Foster's face. Holy hell she was hot in They Live, looks like she's done meth everyday since. Female Iggy Pop

Cons - backdrop for "the game" in general. Pretty boring and dull. Guessing he saved a lot of $$ not having to scout locations like in his other films

Overall - a lot of people that have seen this rated it as high as 9/10 - which a lot of those same folks rated Lords of Salem. I'm convinced most of those reviewers were Helen Keller. I'm not that generous - I'd give it a 5/10 at best. Worth the effort to go see I guess, heard it was a limited release

2. DDragon

DDragon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
  3. Big D

Big D Member

Reputations:
    His movie "Lords of Salem" is probably the worst movie ever made.

4. DDragon

DDragon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Stop giving this hack money to make shitty movies. This movie was crowd funded. I think studios arent giving him any more money thank god.

h78 likes this.
  5. hugh jasol

hugh jasol foxxy Gold

Reputations:
    In theory I totally get it. I just keep thinking there's another Devils Rejects in there somewhere.

Malcolm was about as bad as the devil baby from Lords of Salem.