Entertainment I just saw Rob Zombie's new movie 31. On purpose.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by hugh jasol, Sep 1, 2016.

1. hugh jasol

hugh jasol white trash on dope Gold

Reputations:
    {{{{{obvious spoilers}}}

Pros - great main villain in Doom Head (Richard Brake). Character has the potential to be as entertaining as Otis Driftwood was in Devils Rejects and every bit as hellishly demented.
    [​IMG]

Pros - Speaking of Devil's Rejects, there are more than a few visual references, homages and directing style as DR found here, which is good since that is Rob's Mt Everest of movies

Pros - tons of titties, even some shaved pussy (even though this was supposed to be taking place in 1976 - bush shoulda been out of control although I saw lips twice so I shouldn't complain). Ginger Lynn's cans make an appearance, as does the xtra 40lbs she's put on

Pros - one thing Rob does right is using just the right classic rock songs as backdrops. This is no different

Pros - decent amount of gore, but or an unrated flick, should have been a lot more

Pros - bringing back Chicken Fucker from DR. Not in it very long, but entertaining as hell

Pros - had a "making of" short doc after the movie ended

Pros - fun crowd, very into it but not in a talk at the screen way

Pros - EG Daily playing almost the exact same role she played in DR

Pros - the brothers Psycho Head (Lew Temple from Halloween and DR) and Schizo Head

Cons - white trash dialogue that's in every RZ film is no different here. Maybe even more crass.

Cons - Freddie Boom Boom Washington's fake hair and fake Rasta accent

Cons - no Sid Haig, Bill Moseley or Ken Foree. All could have easily been used

Cons - Sherri Moon Zombie's lack of tits (seriously ironing board flat here) and obvious lack of acting ability

Cons - The role Malcolm McDowell plays. Awfully annoying

Cons - Meg Foster's face. Holy hell she was hot in They Live, looks like she's done meth everyday since. Female Iggy Pop

Cons - backdrop for "the game" in general. Pretty boring and dull. Guessing he saved a lot of $$ not having to scout locations like in his other films

Overall - a lot of people that have seen this rated it as high as 9/10 - which a lot of those same folks rated Lords of Salem. I'm convinced most of those reviewers were Helen Keller. I'm not that generous - I'd give it a 5/10 at best. Worth the effort to go see I guess, heard it was a limited release

2. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  3. Big D

Big D Member

Reputations:
    His movie "Lords of Salem" is probably the worst movie ever made.

4. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Stop giving this hack money to make shitty movies. This movie was crowd funded. I think studios arent giving him any more money thank god.

h78 likes this.
  5. hugh jasol

hugh jasol white trash on dope Gold

Reputations:
    In theory I totally get it. I just keep thinking there's another Devils Rejects in there somewhere.

Malcolm was about as bad as the devil baby from Lords of Salem.