I knew it would be Oakland!!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  2. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    They were all liquored up when the verdict came down and shit.......Now they sleepin' it off and have Church-ah this morning......They all gonna' pitch a bitch round here come three O'Clock!!!!!

3. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    As a longtime Oakland resident, I'll make several points:

1) It wasn't that bad. It could've been worse.

2) People around these parts -- including many non-Oaklanders, and many non-blacks -- just love to protest. They protest like a motherfucker. They like to cause mayhem. It fuckin' sucks.

3) All these Oakland protests take place in the same 2 block area in downtown. So I was able to walk around last night in a black area with no problems.

4) Oakland is a poor fuckin city. We don't have enough cops. We have to get the CHP and Alameda County Sheriffs to patrol the city streets because of a lack of Oakland Police officers. And we pay our current cops too much money for doing a mediocre job. Oakland police don't, in general, respond to burglaries. They also have one detective charged with investigating 10,000 burglaries.

So all these protesters divert resources.

Fuckin' hate it.

4. Snotty

Reputations:
    Honest question......When does it all become too much and you decide to move........Like I did with Memphis.....Another Blaeck majority and run by Blaeck liberals Utopia...............

5. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Blaekes are just misunderstood.

6. Snotty

Reputations:
    I can't understand that crazy shit.........So after many decades of trying, I've said "Fuck it"..............

7. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
    Oakland is the 4th most diverse city in America, according to this recent study. It isn't black majority.

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/2013/07/10/what-are-the-most-diverse-cities-in-america/#13935-4

Oakland's demographics are: 24.9% Hispanic/Latino; 26.3% white; 27% black; 17.5% Asian/Pacific Islander

And our mayor is Chinese-American.

8. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    If I had a son, he would riot like that.

9. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
    Think of Oakland as being like Brooklyn.

All the rich techies have invaded San Francisco, so the housing prices are out of control.

So a lot of the creative/middle class has moved over to Oakland.

WE have a lot of hipsters here.

We have a lot of white people -- white people who don't want to live in the suburbs who want to live in an urban setting.

There are bad areas, sure. But you just got to keep away from them.

10. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Corpus is the least racially charged city I have seen in the south. That being said my wife was detoured through an area called "The Cut". The cop diverting traffic, when he saw she was alone stopped her. He told her that while was following the detour to carefully run any red lights she came to and if anyone stepped in front of the car to run them over and not to stop until out of that area to call the cops :facepalm:

11. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...i just checked the newspaper and 2 tv station websites and apparently not one shit was given in seattle. nothing other than a general news story with a new york by line.

12. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I wouldn't expect any shit to happen up north at all. If nothing happens tonight then there's no problems. Last night was too late to see any real rioting. Tonight, after having all day long to get more and more upset, and some, more and more drunk, will be the telling tale. Those that want to exploit this have had all last night and today to plant their seeds so that they can blossom tonight. This is a hard one to call. If the home city to this doesn't explode, it makes the rest of the cities that do look like a bunch of chumps.

13. Bosch76

Bosch76 2016 Politics POTY Gold

Reputations:
    Oakland literally spans from the most crime ridden poor areas to the richest in America.

14. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...i lived in richmond for 4 or 5 years. barrett ave in fact, now thats a rough and tumble town. its as bad as anywhere, handcuffed just for a traffic stop whether youre black or white. i knew a few of the cops there socially mostly.

15. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:

Within a 1 mile radius of my home over the past 3 months , 2 people were killed in separste drive by shootings and a house that was nowhere near being mansion sized sold for $2.5 million.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013