I no longer blame Howard for not having Artie on the show

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Johnny B, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    For a couple years I've been wanting Artie back on the show and especially since he left the loony bin and rehab and when he called Gary and said he wanted to come on and talk "about everything that happened".

But.. HOWARD WAS RIGHT for not having Artie on the show.

Tonight on Jimmy Fallon, Artie said he was still doing drugs this past time in rehab. I don't know if he's said that before in other interviews or on Nick & Artie, I haven't heard it.

But.. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? He stabs himself nine times, goes into a psych ward then to rehab and that's not his bottom? He still decides to use?

Tonight REALLY for the first time opened my eyes and I see Artie for the little baby that he is. He's so fragile that the people in his life are shoving cigarettes and moot-za-rell down his throat just so he doesn't drink or use. He went from a whop to a whopper to a whale. He has to be weighing 350 now.

Thanks Howie for not having him on, you were right. Because you know if Artie was on the show he would have to talk about using, how he left and the night he tried to kill himself and he isn't ready to do that.. you saw how uncomfortable he was during the Joy Behar show when she asked about the suicide attempt.

I always thought Howie didn't want Artie on because he had guilt or just wanted to distance himself from Artie, but now I could see Howie not having him on the show for Artie's own good.

2. Shvoogie Button

Shvoogie Button Member

Reputations:
    fine... howard should not have him on for artie's own good.

but i wanna see the stab wounds and hear the story of that night he stabbed himself....

3. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :dontknow:

Arite is a grown ass man and he clearly created his own situation..

I just think some will have issues as to how much did Howard let go for the sake of the radio show..

Artie should have taken his own ass to rehab but Howard should have pulled the plug on him and not play the babe in the woods routine

and not play all stupid like he didn't know that artie was chasing the horse at work

and no not beth... the other horse

4. SmellyHorseBeth

SmellyHorseBeth New Member

Reputations:
    Howard was worried about the liability. Artie's salary pays for tape recorders.

5. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I thought it was odd when he was on Carolla's podcast last month and said he'd been clean for just over a year, when it had been just over two years since his suicide attempt.

Sucks. Seems like Artie will always be a user, no matter how much treatment he receives.

6. Mutt Sucks

Mutt Sucks New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  7. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    lardie was on joy's show?

8. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    howards a fucking fruit...hes no bro....he now panders to hollywood homosexuals and an obese fat fuck who hides in a fucking cage.

the show is fucking lame without funny and without testosterone fueling the fun...howards a fucking broad.

i dont blame howard for not having artie on as a matter of fact im glad.....howards come out of the closet thanks to artie...howard doesnt have to pretend hes a man anymore.

9. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I could care less at this point if Artie is ever on THSS (that ship has sailed), but why would Artie fall apart by going back and talking to a group of friends that in his own words were "very supportive" during his ordeal? And why wouldn't they welcome him back now that he's apparently able to host his own show and appear on every other show out there?

I wouldn't give Howard credit for any amazing psychological insight regarding Artie's current mental state, after all he had no problem using Artie's drug problems for comedic fodder on the show long before the major breakdown happened and then playing dumb afterwards.

10. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    hell, he all but murdered dana plato, and enabled miss howard stern's hi jinks to the point of her fracturing her skull..but he ohhh so cares about lardie? no fucking way

11. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :c

12. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  13. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Once an addict, always an addict.
    With Artie, it's drugs.
    With Howard, it's beer can cawk and an anal obsession.

I wonder just wtf Ray did to this guy(?) when he was growing up?

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    I don't know the answer to that but I think he said since the suicide attempt he's been in two psych wards and three rehabs.

15. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    Yeah it is very sad.

I always thought the psych wards and rehabs were to deal with him from using again, not because he was STILL using. Artie is a little baby who is in far worse shape (both physically and mentally) than I ever thought. He is someone who needs daily therapy for years.

Now I actually feel bad for bashing Howard for not wanting to talk about Artie or have him in. Howard probably knew Artie relapsed AFTER the suicide attempt and didn't talk about it. I'm sure all the fans would understand him not being on the show if they knew Artie was still using, and it would get the fans off Howard's back, but he kept quiet. Howie is all about the marbles, he wears douchebag scarfs and talks about cock too much but he was actually in fact a bro to Artie. Props to Howard.

16. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    Howard did the right thing. If he had Artie on the show to tell his story, some would say that Howard was exploiting Artie yet again. So Howard decides to take the high road knowing that he is going to get shit from the fans for not having Artie on. Howard would get blasted by the fans either way. At least this way the show is forced to move on and no further damage occurs to Artie.

I think Howard is a snake in the grass, but he got this right even if by accident.

17. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    Artie has never dealt with the issues as to why he uses. He always uses the "holding the ladder for his father" thing, but I'm not sure that's it. He has a lot of guilt about something in his life. It could be that his using caused Dana to leave. When Artie "came out" to George, it was a brilliant "performance", but maybe Artie is really gay and that's the demon. I believe it's something that has never really been made public because it's so painful to Artie that it's never been mentioned on-air or in a book and it's causing him to use drugs.

18. Gluecifer

Gluecifer New Member

Reputations:
    Most of you seem to have short term memory and forget Artie's final year on the show. The sleeping, the redundant jokes, the shameless plugs and self-adulation, the interviews he ruined, his long rambling stories that go nowhere and are irrelevnat to the topic at hand, his bullshit lies, his over-sensitivity, etc, etc, etc ... but Howard didn't have the heart to fire him, so when Artie tried to kill himself, it was a way for Howard to cut his losses.

19. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When Artie first wanted to come in studio, Howard pretended to be welcoming the idea knowing all along that Robin and Fred would not have it. Just a little instance of the way he roles.

20. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    I've probably listened to the "Artie Lange Addiction Saga" ten times and that 23 hour special made by a fan is Artie at his worst. I realize how bad he was when he was on the show, but after the suicide attempt he was in two psych wards and three rehabs. I thought that was all about Artie finally getting himself better, not because he was still using and he only went because he was nagged to death by his mother and sister. I thought Artie was sober since the suicide attempt, and my thinking was, that the rehabs were the biggest attempt Artie has ever made to stay sober and when he was released we all thought he was clean.. that's why most of us bashed Howard for not having him on the show. We did not know Artie was still using. We all thought he finally man'd up and dealt with the drug shit with lots of rehab.