'I really hope they rot in prison for a very long time': Teenager turns in her cop parents after her

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Aug 6, 2014.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The police officer parents of a 19-year-old woman are in custody in Oklahoma after she accused them of killing her boyfriend and also attempting to shot her.

Jeremy Lake was found shot to death on Tuesday night on a street near downtown, Tulsa police department spokeswoman Jillian Roberson said.

Shannon Kepler, 54, has been arrested on a complaint of first-degree murder and Gina Kepler, 48, arrested on a complaint of accessory to murder after the fact.

Daughter Lisa Kepler, 18, sobbed as she told Tulsa World, ‘I really hope they rot in prison for a very long time.’

She said she called police and reported the incident. ‘I turned my dad in,’ she said. Both officers were booked on Tuesday night into the Tulsa County jail.

The Keplers are City of Tulsa police officers, have 24 years on the force and were off duty at the time of the shooting, Roberson said.

Lake was walking with Lisa Kepler when her confronted them.

I walked away and Jeremy tried to introduce himself, and my dad shot him,’ she told KJRH.

Lisa Kepler started to run, and was shot at, but the bullet missed, Roberson said.

At a news conference on Wednesday, Kepler said that her parents had kicked her out of their home a week ago.

They had dropped her in front of the Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless, where she had met Lake and they began dating. He offered her a place to stay at the home he shared with his aunt, she said.

‘I don't know what could have led them to do this,’ she said. ‘They didn't even know Jeremy.’

Police Chief Chuck Jordan said in a statement that ‘the circumstances around this incident drives home the fact that domestic violence is a societal problem and transcends all economic groups.’

‘I as well as the whole department am saddened for both families involved in this tragic event,’ Jordan said.

Roberson did not immediately return a message late on Wednesday seeking clarification on what Jordan meant in reference to domestic violence.

The Keplers are being held without bail pending the filing of formal charges and have both been placed on paid administrative leave.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    o_O

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  3. Burly

Burly Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    After her what?

4. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    Why you no mod??

Lemmy likes this.
  5. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    Sorry the words got clipped. I should have edited header. It's still a good story. Two police officers murdering their daughter's boyfriend in cold blood.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  6. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Not guilty!!! They thought it was Jet-On....

TeeDonkey, Mantis, Joe Bauers and 4 others like this.
  7. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
  8. squigglyline

squigglyline Double Secret Probation Gold

Reputations:
    sad and disgusting...

9. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    What viable defense can you have unless the deceased threatened the shooter with a weapon and why on earth did the father shoot at kid's 13 year old brother. They are going to throw the book at this guy. It's 2nd degree murder but because he is a police officer he's going to get a longer sentence. He could end up up spending the rest of his life in prison.

Richard O’Carroll, the attorney representing Shannon Kepler, declined to discuss specifics of the case. He asked the public to keep an open mind, saying there is “50 years of dedicated service to the city” between Shannon and Gina Kepler.

“Shannon has a very valid and viable defense,” O’Carroll said, “and we cannot publish it now.”

Scott Troy, the attorney representing Gina Kepler, said he believes there isn’t a basis for a charge of accessory to murder after the fact.

“The only thing she did was assist the police; she didn’t do anything to obstruct them,” Troy said. “I think this is ill-advised on the part of police to be holding her and arresting her under these circumstances.”

Lisa Kepler said she and Lake were walking home from the Guthrie Green downtown and were in the street in front of the home where they lived with Wilkins. A black Chevrolet Suburban whipped into the area, and her father stepped out, she said.

Her father shouted at her, and Lake attempted to introduce himself, but her father shot him, she said. She said she tried to prevent the shooting but had to run for shelter behind a large rose bush in the front yard because her father also shot at her.

She was not injured.

“I’m not scared of my dad,” Lisa Kepler said, adding that she told authorities he was the triggerman.

Josh Mills, 23, a friend of Lake’s, said he also was at the scene and recounted how his friend had died in his arms. Mills said he had paramedic training and tried to locate Lake’s bullet wounds and stem his bleeding. He said it appeared that Lake had been shot in the neck and chest from about three feet away.

Mills and Lake hadn’t known each other long but quickly became close.

“He was like a brother to me for two weeks,” Mills said.

He said Shannon Kepler also fired a shot in the direction of Lake’s 13-year-old brother, who was sitting on the front porch. The bullet ricocheted and grazed the boy in the upper arm, Mills said.

He apparently did not require medical treatment. An EMSA spokeswoman said Lake was the only patient on record.

Lisa Kepler said her parents had kicked her out of their east Tulsa home recently and dropped her off at the Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless.

“I’ve just been making poor decisions lately, and my parents were sick of me,” she said, declining to elaborate on what those decisions were.

Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan, in explaining the actions his department took to investigate the case, said more than 20 officers were deployed because “we recognized it for what it was immediately.”

Shannon Kepler was off work Tuesday, police said, but Gina Kepler had worked earlier Tuesday.

Police said they were able to contact Gina Kepler by cellphone and that an agreement was reached to turn Shannon Kepler over to detectives.

10. Burly

Burly Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Hoodie

11. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    It must be nice when your parents throw you out of the house and dump you at the homeless shelter.

Metalheavy19 and isabella like this.
  12. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    Pedo mustache. Daddy was jealous he wasn't tappin it anymore.

He probably kicked her out because she said she didn't want to "pay the rent" any more.

Alisonsbankacct and Dirty South like this.
  13. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    :owned:

AmishGirl likes this.
  14. RenchFries

Reputations:
    She looks pretty hot, all things considered.

15. Mazley

Mazley Black Knight Banned User

Reputations:
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah mommy and daddy killed my douche boyfriend

16. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    Now that her gun toting dad is locked up, I'll fuck her.

TeeDonkey and RenchFries like this.
  17. RenchFries

Reputations:
    :lo5:

18. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Looks.... half? At least 1/4 guilty.

19. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    I didn't even get a ride. How did she manage that?

Gusbuss and GIRLY like this.
  20. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Let's face it, those Kepler's have been on a downhill trak since the 1600s.

Lola likes this.