Stern Show I think I have FINALLY had enough of the Stern show

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Fred Derp, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Fred Derp

Fred Derp Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know a lot of people on here no longer listen to the show but I still listen fairly regularly, I didn't start listening regularly until 2003 so I'm a little late to the game. While the show is currently at the worst/lowest point it has ever been, I was still able to put all the lies, hypocrisy, limited live shows, pc attitude, loss of content etc. aside and just listen to the show for what it was. Between the two Stern channels I was always able at some point to find SOMETHING to listen to, even if just for a few minutes. I may be in a minority but I still thought the show was better than anything on regular radio, even in its current state, and I could never understand how someone could get mad at something as minor as a radio show.

Well now I finally get it, today was it for me. For those who don't know, on 100 they are playing Baba Booey songs ALL FUCKING DAY and 101 still has the Robin "tribute". I had my car radio on 100 when I started it up and was loading my car up so I was unable to change the station for a good 10 minutes while I was tied up. All the while Baba Booey songs are endlessly playing in my ears and I found myself actually getting angry at the show for the first time ever. Thinking "who in the fuck thought anyone would want to hear this all day long!?". Yes I know he pisses on his audience, he doesn't care about ratings, etc. but this is a whole other level. I know this isn't the first time they have played Baba Booey songs all day long but during those other times I was either able to 101 or just listen to music. This time due to me being busy I was forced to listen to it and it's just awful. Between the two channels today, there isn't one good minute of radio. It's 24 hours of pure garbage. There is no way I will be able to listen to the next live show when he says how everyone wrote in about how much they loved the Baba Booey songs or the Robin tribute, so i think it's time that I join the ranks of those who barely or no longer listen. I hung in there until the bitter fucking end.

Anyway are you still there? I know this is long and boring and I don't even know if it has a point now. I know I started out with one. Anyway thanks for reading! I wrote it with peace and love!

2. iloveyoubut

iloveyoubut Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is quite the tenses.

3. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    You only started listening in 2003? So you basically missed him at his best in the 80's and the 90's..damn

4. baci

baci Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Walk to the light...........

5. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Hit em with the Heeiiinnnnn !!!!

6. Fred Derp

Fred Derp Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yea that's what I have always been told. I'm 35 and I remember hearing the show in the 90's but was way too young to appreciate it. Now I have to youtube old clips to listen to what I missed in those golden years

7. SlipperyVic

SlipperyVic In Gord We Trust Gold

Reputations:
    We didn't get him at all in Canada until '97. So although extremely repetitive, satellite and the replay of the old material has been really good for us.

I wish they still had the Stern Show Shuffle.

8. Flabo

Flabo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Give Howard his tapes back!!!!!!

9. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    I remember when I was a kid..he was on in the afternoons..Probably 1983..my Dad would put him on..lesbian dial a date was hilarious to my 9 year old self

10. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Back up off the Stern Show now, Fred!!!

(Go online and watch/listen to the show in it's heyday--you won't be sorry.)

11. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Stern's last great show was 9/11/01, albeit for all the wrong reasons. Credit to him and his staff that day for not bailing out of the studio as soon as the second plane hit the other World Trade Center tower; in fact, they stayed on until about 12:30 in the afternoon. At least on that day, you heard Stern as confused and scared as the rest of us were. It might have been one of the few days where he truly seemed like a "man of the people". I think it ended up being a curse to fans later on, as he progressively became softer until he had alienated his once faithful audience.

12. Neesie

Neesie Princess Parliaments VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I think I stopped listening back at SFN, so that's what? At least 6 years ago, I guess.

I never got :quote: angry :quote: , I just lost interest and moved on :dontknow:

13. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You need to make yourself acquainted with Mr. Todd Packer, if you can find him. I was lucky enough to download most of his files from YouTube, over 100GB of classic Stern. So that means that Howard, The Tapes Team, and Sirius can all go kick rocks. I can listen to whichever compilation I want, whenever I want...

14. Zyro

Zyro Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What mostly bothers me is that I never know when it's on anymore. I'd rather they just be consistently on one day a week as opposed to on this week, off the next for no reason.

stanggirl likes this.
  15. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    But they all ran out of the studio in 2006 because they smelled a "weird gas"...:facepalm:

16. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sounds like you're more mad about the "specials" than the show.

Fred Derp likes this.
  17. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just came back from a Labor Day road trip I hear ya broutha

Triple835 and Fred Derp like this.
  18. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well that's because howard only actually does maybe 50 live shows per year

19. iloveyoubut

iloveyoubut Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you watch the "weird smelling gas" episode, you can tell Artie was deep in the throes of his addiction. Once he heard there was a chance he could leave early, he was campaigning as hard as he could to vacate the premises. It was funny, and pretty sad to see and hear him so desperate. He needed a fix BAD.

Guacamole and lovetalkradio like this.
  20. steeler63

steeler63 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Late to the show. Been Listening since the 1980's.